Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 09-15-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Not sure what to do

Hey RDSS users! I got introduced to this software by the ever so kindly Ted Craven and I got to say what a software it is! But the reason I am posting on here is I don’t really know on how to pick winners with this software. I have tried to use the top 3 profit line and top 3 brisnet pp and that sort of works but not enough. I tried using the horses with a red or blue line in the pps but there is too many horses to choose from and finally I tried to use the horse with the best energy and that doesn’t work too well either. So can someone explain what I can do for a 16 year old handicapper? Please and thanks to anyone who posts since my posts on Pace Advantage gets ignored mostly all the time. Thanks
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
mowens33
Grade 1

CheckMark, the first thing you need to remember is that RDSS is not a magic box it takes time.
Without knowing what you knowledge is on the fundamentals of handicapping its hard to say were to start? The good thing is that there are many knowledgeable handicappers on pace and cap that are more than willing to help.
Give us a brief update as to what you have learned already and we can go from there.

Regards, Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

work on your pace lines

Hello

You will get answers here at Pace and cap
I am sure you will find many very good handicappers gladly will help you.

I will tell you the most important thing to learn is ,
Make sure you are entering the best paceline of the last 3 races at a comparable distance surface and competition level.
You the auto selection option Best of last three but make sure you check what the program selects. I favor the most recent pacelines and I
just figure that longer odds horses are not on my radar. But I know others who hit them very often.

Pay attention to not only profit line and bris but also use VDC and CSR
if you have RDSS the RX3 readout is very powerful
If you have RX+ all the better

Ask away

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

It's a little daunting trying to figure out where to start. There are so many manuals, follow ups, audio and video files to choose from.

Something that I did that might help you is to download the audios (they are in MP3 format) and play them whilst you are on the go.

There is a lot of information to take in. I've played some of the audios over and over. My two favourites being the Sartin Pro Paceline tapes and the Brohamer Lectures. Don't use those as pointers though, start wherever you fancy and go from there. A lot of what you hear being discussed may not make much sense, but gradually it does.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Morning everyone. I have learned from ted all the screens but it’s taking me time at school to read over the software. I might adjust to the screen where there is f1,f2, and f3 and shows where the horses are in the race. And maybe I should choose my own pace lines according to Bill. But will continue to learn and any pointers is great along the way.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
darmar
Grade 1

Post Helping Out

Hey CheckMark Boy only 16 yrs old what a great time to start out!!!. My first advice to you is download the Glossary that Mick has printed out. It will give you a real good insight as to the uses for all the different readouts that RDSS
provides. If you can print out the Glossary so you can refer to it as you go along. Once you start to understand the meaning of the readouts you will be on your way. Good Skills lead to positive results.
Darmar
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
CheckMark
Conley

I downloaded the card from Saturday at woodbine since it was woodbine mile day and I went through the card and as ted calls it “removing the deadwood” and came up with 9/12 winners with a CRUSH in the pick 4 in races 8-11
R8: 7 Oscar Performance
R9: 6 Starship Jubilee (longshot gut pick)
R10: had 2 contenders; 3 Pink Lloyd and 9 Yorkton
R11: 4 Johnny Bear (longshot play)
Total: $9,209.30

So was happy about the results and hopefully Parx can treat me good today.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
mick
Abiding Student

Good morning, CheckMark.

I would recommend reading Bill V's posts under "Races of Interest." He does an excellent job of explaining what he's doing and why he's doing it. He learned from Doc Sartin personally and he's the "daddy" of this website. He's also one of the all-time great people. (We have quite a few of those on P&C.)

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote