Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 11-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Vinnie
Grade 1

Hollywood Park?

Hey Guys! Just checking in. I wanted to ask because I love this site and the approaches of so many on this board why it is that most folks don't seem to be playing HOL Park at all? Do you find that it is too difficult to get a good feel for because of the synthetic surface? Is it running in too erratic of a fashion to get a good feel for it presently? Do you find that Early horses or Late horses are winning the majority of the races run there currently, or it is OTE horses that are getting it done for the greater balance of the races run? I love both the East and West Coast Tracks and unfortunately I have to be at work today, so, I won't be able to play. If someone out there happens to be playing HOL Park today I would love to hear what your 2 horse plays might be for today's card. In the teachings of good ol' Doc Sartin, I am primarily a 2 horse player in most situations. I love HOL Park because of the early and late P4 opportunities with the large guaranteed pools, particularly on weekends. I would love to hear some folks thoughts on todays card or a future card if you so happen to be playing HOL Park?

Also, kudos to you guys that have been literally hammering your selections during the last few days at AQU... That is pretty awesome stuff right there. Way to go and attack your pics...

Have a Great Sunday guys... All the BEST!

Vinnie
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Neil S.
Grade 1

Vinnie:

Here are my wagercapping picks for the playable Holly wood races on 11/16:

Race 2 1-4
Race 4 1-5
Race 6 2-6
Race 7 5-7
Neil S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Vinnie
Grade 1

Hollywood?

Neil:

Do you play HOL often? Are you finding that it runs pretty true or do you think that it often exhibits some type of bias?

Thanks for your selections Neil. I will follow them closely today.

Have a Great Sunday.

Vinnie
Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

Vinnie and Neil,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in:
I just did Race # 2 with PaceAppraiser and
for the most part, I see very little opportunity in this race because of a very short field. However for whatever it may be worth I decided to show you my visual perception of this race. My single pick would be (3). At 8-5 odds, I see little value but if the (3) should be at 5-2 odds or better at post time, I would bet it. This is not very realistic.
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Hi Vinnie

THG choose to withhold signal at Holly, so Charlie D chooses to take his money to those tracks that don't and because of this, tracks like Hawthorne, Fair Grounds get my attention

I respectfully ask other players to do the same

Last edited by Charlie D; 11-16-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
Vinnie
Grade 1

Hollywood?

Thank you very much for jumping in Parts:

I appreciate the feedback and your sharing your insight. I like your approach and I like the look of the Pace Appraiser program. Thanks for sharing your observations.

Charlie, I know exactly where you are coming from and those people at the TOC are driving me (and I am sure many others INSANE) with all of their garbage. You are right, I have to find another locale to place my wagering dollars into the pools. I live about 5 minutes from the Raynham Taunton Dog Track in Massachusetts where they just recently banned dog racing beginning the first day of 2010. Heck, they are already in the process of scaling back on their schedule starting Monday, Nov. 17th, when they will be closing even their simulcasting signals by 5:00 p.m. in the evenings on Mondays and Tuesdays of each week. What a shame.

Thanks Charlie.

All the BEST!

Vinnie
Old 11-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

The dog racing ban shows what a Group can achieve if it gets organised properly

Imagine what the bettor (racing customer) could acieve if he/she were to get organised

Last edited by Charlie D; 11-16-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
Vinnie
Grade 1

Hollywood?

Charlie:

You hit the nail right on the head. I am sick over the aforementioned. Honestly, for the most part the dogs are treated like gold out here in MA.. The people that give the greyhound racing venue a bad name are few and far between. Believe it or not, Mass. is one of the most highly regulated states when it comes to horse and dog racing. Leave it to MA to vote for legalizing Marijuana while banning dog racing and rejecting the return of a 5% sales Tax on this last ballot. Honestly, I feel like I am living in the twilight zone out here at times. This place is unreal. I know that I am getting a bit off topic Charlie, but, I am so glad that I am not from here originally.

Warm Regards,

Vinnie
Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
tom
Grade 1

Hollywood profile - 6 furlongs, artificial -
Attached Images

tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
tom
Grade 1