Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2011
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2011 Discussion and Selections

Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
game2wire
AlwNW1X

Game2Wire- Observations on day one.

Handicapped for fast dirt and firm to yielding turf. Cold weather helps Euros and horses will be feeling good.
Enjoy the picks and thanks for viewing.

Game2Wire Picks for Ladies Day Friday Breeders Cup 2011
CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 1 OF 10
6.0f DIRT THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON $7 500 TWICE OTHER THAN MAIDEN
ALLOWANCE PURSE: $50000
MY TIP SHEET PREDICTIONS:
8 ROTHKO 2.5 LEPAROUX J. R. ASMUSSEN S. M.- Crushed foes at Mon for the N1X
and trains forward as JP drops the #3 for this one.Assmussen tabs this one for this spot
PGM HORSE ODDS JOCKEY TRAINER
5 GRAND TRAVERSE 3.5 LANERIE C. J. GLYSHAW T. Comments- Old class horse who is either
peaking into form or over top. Likes to win, and CD ITM is very good.One of 2 for the 62.5k
4 OUR ROCK STAR 12.0 HERNANDEZ JR. B. J DRURY JR. T.-Ill Bred tries open and gets
Hernandez back and in for the tag. Class of his speed fits a n2x but no N1x
with state bred condition try before this one is a concern.

Notes Connection with Gentle Tap in 2nd race as#9 Shrill was 2nd in Gentle Tap Maiden winner at
CD in Spring.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 2 OF 10
8.0f DIRT THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON A RACE OTHER THAN MAIDEN CLAIM
ALLOWANCE PURSE: $48000
9 KATZ MY SONG 3.5 CASTELLANO J. PLETCHER T. A.-Jump in class but likes to win and Pletcher puts in
2 to make this one go.
2 GENTLE TAP 5.0 LEPAROUX J. R. ASMUSSEN S. M.-Last race was good move up lightly raced colt. Another that looks
to be pointed for this one for a duo that looks for a big day.
6 CHILLED 6.0 LANERIE C. J. MCGEE P. J.- KY sprint last out could serve as a good workout. Ran huge in debut at CD and is a wise guy horse. Pedigree says distance is within scope.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 3 OF 10
8.5f DIRT THREE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD
GRADE III STK/HCP PURSE: $100000
3 GLADDING 4.0 BEJARANO R. SADLER J. W.- Garden spot for return and Sadler high on chances for big race. Should be able to get perfect pace and trip.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 4 OF 10
6.0f DIRT THREE-YEAR-OLDS
NONGRADED STAKE/HANDICAP PURSE: $85000
PGM HORSE ODDS JOCKEY TRAINER OOF
10 FAST BULLET 5.0 GARCIA M. BAFFERT B.-Repeat of last is more than enough. Poor % play Maiden to Stakes is overcome by lack of class in field.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 5 OF 10
6.0f DIRT TWO-YEAR-OLDS
NONGRADED STAKE/HANDICAP PURSE: $500000
6 SECRET CIRCLE 1.2 BEJARANO R. BAFFERT B.- Baffert gets the double here as this one is just all about class. Moves forward here and will be a single in a lot of tickets. Beat this one and payoffs could be handsome. Just think this oneis ready to roll as best race is yet to be run.
Longshots
3 BLACKY THE BULL 20.0 VALENZUELA P. A. BONDE J.- Last effort was better than looked and best chance for PVal to get a good check today.
1 SEEKER 4.0 LEPAROUX J. R. ASMUSSEN S. M. - Hard tryer and has to overcome post but was caught on dead rail at Bel last. A fast track and a drop in the gap to put into contention early could signal a better race today

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 6 OF 10
8.0f TURF FILLIES TWO YEARS OLD
GRADE II STK/HCP PURSE: $1000000
13 CUSTOMER BASE 12.0 LEPAROUX J. R. PROCTOR T. F.Last was good prep and getting better each race. Proctor is sharp this way.
5 STEPHANIES KITTEN 12.0 VELAZQUEZ J. R. CATALANO W. M.-Classy sort who tries with best and Johnny V figured this one out.
12 DEAR LAVINIA 30.0 LEMAIRE C. P. ROUGET J. C.- Last effort was game and immpreccably bred for this.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 7 OF 10
7.0f DIRT FILLIES AND MARES THREE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD
GRADE I STK/HCP PURSE: $1000000
9 GOLDEN MYSTERY 20.0 CARMOUCHE K. GUERRERO J. C.- My only longshot today. Feel this one has been prepped for his all along and had some help with the right races.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 8 OF 10
8.5f DIRT FILLIES TWO YEARS OLD
GRADE I STK/HCP PURSE: $2000000
9 MY MISS AURELIA 2.5 NAKATANI C. S. ASMUSSEN S. M.- Comes in as favorite and looks like a million dollars. Could be something special and still has yet to be really asked.
11 WEEMISSFRANKIE 4.0 BEJARANO R. EURTON P.-Training very forward for this and is game.
5 GRACE HALL 4.0 DOMINGUEZ R. A. DUTROW A. W.- The class of the field and looks to notch up 2yo filly honors.Has yet to find a bottom.
10 NORTHERN PASSION 12.0 CONTRERAS L. CASSE M. E.- Got perfect trip in last and connections must be respected. Dirt is question but versatile running style helps chances.
4 MISS NETTA 15.0 MARAGH R. MCLAUGHLIN K. P.- First race was very good as 2nd horse won back.Filly could be over the top as last showed tempermental nature and 46.3 bullet could be signaling lack of rating ability.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 9 OF 10
11.0f TURF FILLIES AND MARES THREE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD
MY TIP SHEET PREDICTIONS (USING ):
2 STACELITA 2.0 DOMINGUEZ R. A. BROWN C. C.Classy and best is still in the bottle and cork could pop today.
The Euro Duo are both inculdes as they could be in a race of their own.
5 NAHRAIN 3.5 DETTORI L. VARIAN R.
6 ANNOUNCE 4.5 GUYON M. H. FABRE A.
12 MISTY FOR ME 10.0 MOORE R. L. O'BRIEN A. P. O' Brien best bet to get one today. Last effort was game and could move forward.

CHURCHILL DOWNS 11-04-2011 RACE 10 OF 10
9.0f DIRT FILLIES AND MARES THREE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD
PGM HORSE ODDS JOCKEY TRAINER OOF
8 PLUM PRETTY 2.0 BEJARANO R. BAFFERT B.- Coming out party for one of the most beautiful pedigrees that has come on race track this year.
Looks to wire and needed the soft hands of Bejarano to really hit mark. Best bet of day and champion 3 yo filly!

Last edited by game2wire; 11-04-2011 at 11:36 AM.
game2wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Plum Pretty gets the half in 49 sec and quits in stretch...rained most of thrs nite in Louisville..and as the track was drying out the stretch was still stopping speed except for
Miss Aurella...looking for that to change for sat as the sun will be out with no rain expected....look for Big Drama to repeat in the sprint..2nd choice Jackson Bend...Turf Sprint..Regally Ready and Havelock....Dirt Mile..Calebs Possee and Wilburn...Classic
Flat out or the "Filly"...best of luck to all on Sat.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
game2wire
AlwNW1X

Watching Royal Delta's workout should have helped me change my mind. She is a monster and deserving of 3yo filly honors. Miss Aurelia is in a league of her own and by defying the bias proved she is special. The track should be lightning today and the turf course should be almost firm with maybe a few spots of yielding. Noticed that those horses with the lowest %pace energy were doing really well yesterday. Any thoughts?
game2wire is offline   Reply With Quote