Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Tim Y
turf historian

2nd call says it all

This post does not represent to true Sartin Methodology
This is just an opinion . To fully understand and win using the Sartin Methodology
Please read and fully understand the various manuals in our library

Here is the original post This is not the Sartin Methodology
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The original "truck" drivers found the 2nd call was a stand alone factor along with SP (2nd call and final fraction).

Teaching members continually promoted that fact that the 2nd call was as little as mid 50's percent of the race at 7 furlongs up to 75% of the race at a mile, enlightening hundreds to these heretofore "hidden" facts. Over and over, articles in the Follow Up promoted that point in the race where the various combatants went eye to eye, also referred to as "mano a mano" to the point (2nd call) where the race was determined. The FOCAL point of the entire contest.

When ENERGY came out and revolutionized the way we look at the races, it was percent median of total energy (2nd call percentage of the total) that defined the relative styles of Early, Early/Presser, Presser, Sustained/Presser, Sustained and Late. This, 2nd call determinate, was used by this poster to discover how some horses are going off form and some younger horses will no project to the longer classical distances all by the median percentage rising.

The concept of deceleration (which aides in deciding the best closer in the many turf contests) is the ratio of 2nd call to final fraction.

EPR=2nd call TPR=2nd call and final fraction (I am not privy to the various EXACT patented mathematical variations on these).

I would make a guess that fractal are based strongly on second call as I know that E/Ep and L/Ep are different manifestations of EPR and LPR.

The factor the entire methodology rests on:2nd call

Last edited by Bill V.; 12-15-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

Forgot my favorite as the early late balance is the weighted difference between the second call and final fraction too
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #3
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Sartin tells us in the Yellow Manual that the essence of the Methodology is the Match Up. The readouts/rankings in the Sartin Methodolgy are derived from Fr1+Fr2+FR3

So the entire Sartin methodology rest on Fr1+Fr2+Fr3

Now that is twice this has been discussed and quite frankly bashing head against wall ain't my kind of thing, so may i suggest you or anyone else who does not seem to understand this read the Manuals, Follows Up's

Last edited by Charlie D; 12-15-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:39 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Not

Tim
Your post is not acceptable This will no longer be allowed
I see no value in it HERE on a Sartin methodology forum. As good a handicapper as you are It does not give you the right to make such statements that while somewhat acceptable in a general handicapping forum are purely those of your own taken from various
sources
Each and every manual, audio file (seminar recordings)
Doc's own 3 tape One on One seminars, Workbooks and all 88 folllow
ups show what you posted to not be what the Sartin Methodology is.
Its the total energy exertion from gate to wire
The second call is important but how the horse got there
and then how much did it take of the horses total energy
will decide what is left for the equally important 3rd fraction

What you posted is not germain to the Sartin Methodology
The Sartin methodology is about Energy Exertion, Total Energy
deceleration These figures are from the 1st 2nd and 3rd fraction and second
call

This thread is now closed I also have edited your post

Last edited by Bill V.; 12-15-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Closed Thread