Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 05-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #11
DanBoals
Grade 1

Dave,

I too am extremely disappointed I will have to wait for 2.1. I absolutely love RDSS and it's the first software where I can download races and not have to enter a bunch of numbers by hand, that actually makes me money. I think 2.1 will be nothing short of awesome and I would love to have it now. But, I understand with a one man crew, Ted can't do everything, and may need a very deserved rest. Doesn't mean I am not disappointed that I have to wait, just means I understand.

And telling someone that buys a product that they can build their own if they want to is not helpful. We have no idea what a person is feeling, and reading into what they post is dangerous at best. I did not take it as character assassination, because I really don't think it was meant that way. I took it at face value, he is disappointed he has to wait.

My guess is that we would all love to have 2.1 right away. Being honest about being disappointed you have to wait isn't a bad thing necessarily. I think that a rested programmer does better work than a tired programmer; I developed software for 15+ years so I know a little about that. I think if Ted says he needs a break, then we should all respect that and give him a break so he can recharge the batteries and when he is ready, make a new version that will blow our socks off.

Doesn't mean I like to wait though It's america here and we are a country of bigger, better, faster, now; for better or worse and I think I understand Mark's frustration at having to wait for something that will probably be, and I don't use this praise lightly, the best horse racing analysis software ever to hit the market. Disappointed, yes, willing to wait, certainly, in it with Ted for the long haul, definitely.

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #12
Lt1
Grade 1

Good luck with your time off Ted. If anyone is entitled to a break it's surely you. Thanks for all you have done for us.
Tim

Last edited by Lt1; 05-28-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #13
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Dan,

I take you point. Hopefully Mark & I have sorted this out (amicably?) off board.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #14
Mitch44
Grade 1

Extremely Disappointed!! Just prior to reading this post I was listening to the Eagles farewell tour recorded down under in Aus. One of their songs stuck in my head titled Dirty Laundry; some key words: " kick'em when their up, kick'em when their down. . . "

Yes; "our actions indicate to others the strength of our character" and obviously yours speaks for itself.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sigh ...

Here I am in beautiful Niagara Falls area (Niagara-on-the-Lake, actually) celebrating 30 years together with my beautiful wife Alison (check the Thank You button on the RDSS Desktop ...). I can see New York State across the Niagara River from my B&B balcony. A beautiful weekend.

Do I really need to referee a horse racing website at the same time?!

I think I will temporarily Close this thread until I return on Tuesday, at which point folks can resume expressing their feelings one way or t'other.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:25 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Back in business!

R
DSS -
Old 06-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #17
cratman
cratman

Thanks

Ted,

Thanks for all you do.

Happy with the program as it is, and very happy with access to the library.

Any improvements would be icing on the cake.

Please, if it is not too much trouble, keep the old program available even if updates are made.

Thanks,

Mark
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #18
gandalf380
Grade 1

I don't quite understand all the teeth gnashing over a delay in release of a software upgrade. This new software will not magically convert a nonwinner into a winner. If you study the program, really study it, and understand what it is telling you, you will win. Know what the program is telling you. For example, according to my records, at Belmont in the current meet there have been 139 nonmaiden races to date. 80% of them have been won by the top 4 CR horses. Those are the horses whose numbers in the program are color coded and in bold print. so right off the bat I know that I can eliminate all but four horses in each race regardless of distance or surface and have an 80% chance of winning. With a little fine tuning, I can increase it even further. But that is only because I know what the program is telling me. So relax, the current program will Tell you how to win. You just have to understand what it is saying.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:39 AM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratman View Post
Please, if it is not too much trouble, keep the old program available even if updates are made.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark, the new program - whenever it is released finally - will install separately from the existing one. You can run them both, and at the same time if you like. They can both use the same database. Also, everything in the current program will still be in the new one (except most of the bugs, I hope). You can turn off whatever screens you don't want, use whatever new stuff proves intriguing and profitable, etc.

Thanks for all your long-time support and encouragement Mark!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-01-2016, 01:17 PM   #20
lone speed
Grade 1

Concepts win races

First things first....

Gandalf...congratulations on being on top of the standing!!

Ted...Happy 30th anniversary!!! or either case it's

Edit: Thank you! Original discussion titled 'Concepts Win Races' moved to its own thread, here:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10480

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-02-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: housekeeping
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote