Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
lsosa54
Grade 1

AOdds Super Gold 98 Windows Version

Would anyone have and be willing to share a track database for the Santa Anita meet and possibly the last HOL, DMR, and FPX meets as well?

Also, there was an old post that mentioned:

Aodds Gold

In searching for a copy of Ultra-Scan for a colleague on this forum, I came across some Bris BB posts from 1997 describing in great detail how to win with Aodds Gold, combined with other Sartin programs. I have noticed several posts here inquiring about the optimal use of Aodds and Aodds' readout interpretation. The gentleman who posted the instructions claimed to know Doc and Jim very well, and claimed he was hitting 70-80% winners.

Although I'm planning on using the program mainly to save myself manual input into Entropy and EXDC/Thoromation, any advice would be welcome. I have not been able to Google up any of the old BRISNET bulletin board posts, although I know there was one as there was an excerpt of some posts in FU #50, p.18.

Thanks for any guidance. Lou.

P.S. To be clear, I bought my copy from a seller I know on Ebay - he has sent me the .hlp file and I should receive the program this weekend. I would have rather given the money to Jim and Randy, but oh well. I'm just tired of manual input.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
Vinnie
Grade 1

lsosa54,

I just read your post and I myself have been interested for sometime in this very same software. (AODDS98 Super Gold). Please let me know how you searched for it on Ebay because in several attempts and searches I am having a bit of difficulty in coming up with anything of relevance.

Thanks a bunch Sir.

All the BEST!

Mike (Vinnie)
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
lsosa54,

I just read your post and I myself have been interested for sometime in this very same software. (AODDS98 Super Gold). Please let me know how you searched for it on Ebay because in several attempts and searches I am having a bit of difficulty in coming up with anything of relevance.

Thanks a bunch Sir.

All the BEST!

Mike (Vinnie)
Hi Mike. Sorry if I sent you off on a wild goose chase. I had bought some previous stuff off a guy on Ebay, some of which I hope to get up to Club Pace N Cap soon so everyone can share, and I happened to mention my Sartin interest. He mentioned he had a copy of AOdds Gold 98 he wanted to sell. It was never listed. I had heard so much about the program and was getting tired of manual input, so I struck a deal.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Vinnie
Grade 1

Lou,

Thanks so much for the kind reply. I will have to try to run down a copy of this program. I am very happy for you that you were able to hook it up with your Ebay connection.

Have a Great Weekend Lou and Good Skill..

Warm Regards,

Mike (Vinnie)
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Lou,

Thanks so much for the kind reply. I will have to try to run down a copy of this program. I am very happy for you that you were able to hook it up with your Ebay connection.

Warm Regards,

Mike (Vinnie)
Thanks Vinny. I know there were a couple of guys who pm'd me on the Pace Advantage board with copies to sell. One asked $300 and I didn't get to a price with the other. I guess the software sold for $560 or so when it came out.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Aodds98

Quote:
Lou,

Warm Regards,

Mike (Vinnie)
Mike (Vinnie) check your PM ----- Mike (Houndog)
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
trusty
AlwNW1X

Old manual input programs

New member to pace and cap - in your recent post you said you were tired of manual input -- i am eager and anxious to buy any old manual input program that you might have-- thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54 View Post
Would anyone have and be willing to share a track database for the Santa Anita meet and possibly the last HOL, DMR, and FPX meets as well?

Also, there was an old post that mentioned:

Aodds Gold

In searching for a copy of Ultra-Scan for a colleague on this forum, I came across some Bris BB posts from 1997 describing in great detail how to win with Aodds Gold, combined with other Sartin programs. I have noticed several posts here inquiring about the optimal use of Aodds and Aodds' readout interpretation. The gentleman who posted the instructions claimed to know Doc and Jim very well, and claimed he was hitting 70-80% winners.

Although I'm planning on using the program mainly to save myself manual input into Entropy and EXDC/Thoromation, any advice would be welcome. I have not been able to Google up any of the old BRISNET bulletin board posts, although I know there was one as there was an excerpt of some posts in FU #50, p.18.

Thanks for any guidance. Lou.

P.S. To be clear, I bought my copy from a seller I know on Ebay - he has sent me the .hlp file and I should receive the program this weekend. I would have rather given the money to Jim and Randy, but oh well. I'm just tired of manual input.
trusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusty View Post
New member to pace and cap - in your recent post you said you were tired of manual input -- i am eager and anxious to buy any old manual input program that you might have-- thanks
Trusty: First of all, welcome to Pace N Cap - I admire your enthusiasm. I am tired of manual input but it doesn't mean I won't be using my "old" programs" - I just will not be inputting manually but creating a file in Aodds that I can use with those programs.

Think about becoming an RDSS beta tester by chatting with Ted. Might be the most straightforward approach for you right now.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
trusty
AlwNW1X

Manual Input

Thanks for your kind and rapid response=trusty;30960]New member to pace and cap - in your recent post you said you were tired of manual input -- i am eager and anxious to buy any old manual input program that you might have-- thanks[/QUOTE]
trusty is offline   Reply With Quote