Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 04-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
stormbringer
Grade 1

Apv And Class Importance

HELLO, ALL I'M BACK. TED HELP ME GET THE NEW SPEC160 PROGRAM AND I STARTED USING IT 4/15/07. I WAS READING SO OF THE OTHER POST AND CAN ACROSS POST ABOUT APV/CLASS NUMBER. I DID THE LONE STAR CARD AND ALSO DRUG OUT MY OLD PHASE 3 PROGRAM AND DID APV/CLASS NUMBERS. DID I LOOK AT THEM BEFORE PUTTING HORSES IN...NOT! DID I DO WELL AT LONE STAR I'LL POST SOME OF MY RACE'S LATER. HERE IS MY QUSTION: HOW IMPORTANT ARE DOING AND USING CLASS/APV?

Last edited by stormbringer; 04-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
froggy
Grade 1

Storm,

Horses that don't have the money normally don't win the races.

If you don't do the APV you can still be a winner, but when you have just lost a race and go back and look at the numbers and find you had your money on the lowest APV you'll feel pretty stupid.

Follow Admin's posts and you will see he does them like bringing silverware to the table before dinner. One doesn't need any silverware to eat with but it makes it a lot easier.

Then check and see what his ROI is.

Froggy
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
stormbringer
Grade 1

APV/ CLASS AND LONE STAR 6th ON 4/15/2007

HERE ARE THE APV FOR THE 6th RACE AT LONE STAR ON 4/15/07 I WON THIS RACE. WITH SPEC 160 . MAYBE SOME ONE CAN LOOK AT THESE APV/CLASS NUMBERS FROM MY OLD PHASE3 PROGRAM. AND TELL ME HOW YOU WOULD USE THIS INFORMATION. I HAVE ALSO ADDED THE RESULTS.
THANKS FOR THE HELP. AMF!!!!!

1APV:108.1 CLASS:1.20
2APV:94.3 CLASS:0.82
3APV:323.2 CLASS:2.12
4APV:1.64.0 CLASS:1.48
5APV:143.5 CLASS: 1.48
6APV:114.7 CLASS: 1.19
7APV:74.1 CLASS :0.73
8APV:67.3 CLASS : 0.69
9APV:70.7 CLASS :0.75
10APV:95.7 CLASS :0.90
11APV:117.6CLASS :0.88
12APV:111.1 CLASS : 0.87
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
stormbringer
Grade 1

6th AT LONE STAR 4/15/07 SPEC160

Here Is One Of The Two Screens I Used To Win This Race. I Let The The Per1 Pick The Lines And Used Bottom Line Betting Reduce The Field To Six. Have A Look. Amf!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I Let The The Per1 Pick The Lines And Used Bottom Line Betting Reduce The Field To Six. Have A Look. Amf!!!
What is the Per1?
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
stormbringer
Grade 1

6th AT LONE STAR 4/15/2007 WITH SPEC160

Here Is The Second Screen That I Used To Win This Race. What Does Mug, Cbl, And L/r Mean? And Does Anybody Use This Screen. Ok Time To Go Do Yard Work. Thanks. Amf!!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
admin
Administrator

screen

Quote:
Here Is The Second Screen That I Used To Win This Race. What Does Mug, Cbl, And L/r Mean? And Does Anybody Use This Screen. Ok Time To Go Do Yard Work. Thanks. Amf!!!!
hello stormbringer

MUG is Match Up Graph I have no versions of spec on my laptop
that i'm using Here is the incremental Match Up Graph
from validator from the same race
Look around on spec and tyou should see a similar screen
The MUG readouts on the screen your showing are probably the 3rd Fraction + Total pace panel readouts

CBL = I need help on this one myself
Attached Images

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
socantra
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post

CBL = I need help on this one myself
I believe that was originally projected second call beaten lengths, or 2CBL and the 2 got lost in one of the builds of the program.

Dick
Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
K.C.

Great to see you off to a fine start with Spec!

Bill explained MUG (Match Up Graph, Screen #3, 3rd panel rankings). The MUG shows velocity ranks for F1, 2nd Call and the combination of F3+True Speed in panels 1, 2 and 3 respectively. (This same screen in Validator shows the V/dc ranking in panel 3).

CBL refers to Screen 4, Match Up showing Computed Beaten Lengths, the Final column ranks. The info on this screen has sometimes been referred to in days past as the Dream Race, as it shows the difference between the fastest horse and each other horse at F1, 2nd call point and Final, with units of measure showing beaten lengths (using the fixed beaten length value used by Spec). On the Summary Screen you showed, CBL refers to the Computed Beaten Lengths at the Final point (i.e. the end of the race).

The 2nd column (2nd Call Beaten Lengths, or SCBL) on the CBL screen is the same value shown on the BL/BL Superscreen under the column SCBL, where it is rounded to 1 decimal.

In Validator, only the SCBL is shown (on the BL/BL Superscreen) and it uses a slightly different formula but the concept is the same and the Beaten Length differences between horses should be about equivalent.

In RDSS, this info is shown on the Segments screen.

I'm not sure which column you refer to by L/r ??

Hope that helps.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
stormbringer
Grade 1

L/r Column

Ted,

The Printer I Use Is A Hp Laserjet 4200, The Spec160 Program Is Set To Standard Printer It Turns The Lsd Column Into L/r .another Question: I Have Been Looking Back At Some Of The Other People's Apv/class Numbers Some In The Don't Look Like The One From The Phase3 Program I'm Using. Could You Or Somebody The And I Hate To Say This Word "rules" To Doing Apv/class Numbers. It Was My Understanding That A Horse Need At Least 7 Starts? Thanks To All.
Amf!!!