Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Vinnie
Grade 1

The Pamplemousse

Hello folks! I normally don't get too excited (YET) about the up and coming KY Derby talk, but, did anyone watch the Sham Stakes with "The Pamplemousse"? Man oh Man! What a nice performance. I know that no one was up close enough (on his neck) to really put the heat on him. But, this horse was impressive. To possess the ability to run fast (high cruising speed) early, in the middle of the race and also to kick on beautifully and flawlessly late stretching out with that beautiful and seemingly effortless stride of his was truly something to behold. When I have seen the Pioneer of the Nile run, he has been impressive with his tenacity and late kick potential which has allowed him to get up late and win.

I don't know? There is just something about a horse that can visually run "fast" at seemingly all stages of a route race that just kind of blows me away. I am curious to hear some of your opinions/observations if you guys don't mind posting on any of the horses that you have seen thus far.

Of course, I realize it is only the 3rd day in March and we are still a full 2 months out from that Big Race on the first Saturday in May, so, a heck of a lot can transpire between now and then.

All the BEST to everyone.

Good Skill.

Vinnie
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Hi Vinnie
I got a big push 2 months ago on that "Nile" horse from someone in Vegas I know and respect greatly.

I haven't seen the grapefruit horse (Pamplemousse) run but evidently he is the real deal. What a story that would be as i believe A Solis's son is part owner and dad rides.

It is getting close to that time of year now isn't it!

La Dolce Vita Vincenzo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvAUMyGAPw
Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
JLG
Grade 1

I was at Santa Anita, and the Pamplemousse was impressive. I loved how he was going fast, but looked to be doing it so easily. Solis never touched him with the whip that I saw.

I hope that in his next race he gets some pressure, to see what kind of reserve tank he can call upon when needed.

Also, heard some people say his gallop out wasn't the greatest, and that might indicate the longer distances may affect him.
JLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Rverge
Grade 1

can i ask 1 question? not to put any rain on a parade... why would one name a horse "grapefruit"? yes the horse ran a great race....but grapefruit?
ME ONLY, have a issue w/ horses named after food...eg. ROCK LOBSTER
oh well, back to work to make a "horse" radish sauce

obtw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPshmjwhkPA

Last edited by Rverge; 03-03-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Vinnie
Grade 1

The Pamplemousse

Hey guys! Thanks very much for the comments about the Sham and The Pamplemousse. I envy you JLG because I wish that I could have been there to watch the race live myself. You are right Rverge (A GRAPEFRUIT!) Come on!!

Richie, just taking a guess, but that person that put you on to The Pioneer of the Nile's initials just didn't so happen to be MP did they?!

Thanks Guys!

Have a Terrific Evening and Rest of the Week.

Vinnie