Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #21
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Way to go Bill.
Tim

Tim, Thanks.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:00 PM   #22
Mitch44
Grade 1

Congrats Bill, nice work.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:11 PM   #23
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Congrats Bill, nice work.

Mitch44

Mitch, Thanks.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #24
rmath
Grade 1

Way to go Parts.
Keep up the good work.
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #25
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
Way to go Parts.
Keep up the good work.
Rmath

Thanks, Rich
Old 02-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #26
rmath
Grade 1

Rdiam and Parts.
I do not believe that racing is dying, but is only changing , which is progress ( I guess )
I have gone to playing the P-4 , P-5, and the P-6.
Many of my hits are on small tickets like yesterday where all 6 of the winners were in my top two contenders. So even with several favorites on a ticket it is possible to make a decent profit if you pick and choose your playable days.
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #27
Lt1
Grade 1

Well put Richie.One must be very selective of races and tracks to play.
Tim
Old 02-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #28
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Rdiam and Parts.
I do not believe that racing is dying, but is only changing , which is progress ( I guess )
Many of my hits are on small tickets like yesterday where all 6 of the winners were in my top two contenders. So even with several favorites on a ticket it is possible to make a decent profit if you pick and choose your playable days.
Rmath
Very well put Richie
I have gone almost 100% to Pick 3' doubles and pick 4'sand Pick 5's
I play with 2 or 3 partners, our tickets are in the $25- $35 range
with 3 guys that means about 8.5 bucks a head.on the low end and 10.5 for a spread.
Let the chips fall. We are winning as you are too.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:22 PM   #29
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Rdiam and Parts.
Rmath

Rich, Actually the game is changing as well as declining because over the past few years the total national handle has steadily declined, The reasons being many players choose to play from the comfort of their home. As well the short fields are not very appealing to many players. Another reason would be the cut back of racing days at many tracks which is caused by many small farms failing financially. This in itself cuts back on the number of horses that are available nationally. It is also well known that the 20% average "vig" on all bets adds insult to injury. It is obvious to me as well and many others as to what is happening to the game we love.

I am not disputing your method of betting. If it works for you that's all that matters. It is possible you are the exception to the rule. However, in the "long term" your results may tell a different story. For me, contest playing is the wave of the future. The risks are a lot less with a smaller "Vig", the rewards are much greater and It's is affordable to most, depending on an individuals degree of participation. A talented and strategic player can make a lot more money playing contests then trying to eek out a minimal profit overall playing on daily basis. Take a look at what the top 70 finishers earned in the NHC final. I listed the link today on a reply to Ted Craven . See "Darmars" post about the NHC.

Also while your at it, take look at the Breeders Cup Betting Challenge. There's gold in them there hills. It's all there for the taking.
Who among us is up for the challenge?
Old 02-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #30
For The Lead
Grade 1

Re: the original post

I seldom visit the site anymore due to my current state of health. It seems I stopped by at the right time, however.

I started keeping a database in 1997 and kept it for many, many years, as some of you may already know.

Starting with my first year, one of the things I wanted to know was exactly what the original poster talked about.

Although the original poster gave the stat base on $1 wagered, I did my research based on a $2 wager. It all amounts to the same thing.

I can tell you that the information provided for year 2019 is NOT new. It did not happen all of a sudden out of the blue.

In each and every year starting back in 1997, the return by betting $2 on each horse has been $1.53 (rounding either up or down).

So although I am in agreement with the original posters assessment for the year 2019, based on an outside source's work, this has been the case for more than 20 years. It is NOTHING new.

Be it smaller fields today or larger fields 20 years ago, the end result for this particular stat remains the same.

Thanks for your attention and good luck to all of you.