Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #91
Lt1
Grade 1

The Profit Line sheet I'm talking about is the one you buy from Brisnet.com for $5.
Tim
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #92
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tim, email me a time when we can connect computers and I can SEE that $5 ProfitLine document you are referring to. Then I can get a copy and investigate further.

OR - if it is a PDF document, download it and forward it to me.

I will check what RDSS can fetch for Prime Power for AQU tomorrow and see if the coupled entries have different BPP values.

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:54 PM   #93
gandalf380
Grade 1

I've decided to do the first couple of weeks of Belmont without using pl numbers from twinspires.Unfortunately I ran into a problem. I opened a race, did my handicapping, downloaded the results on the fx3 screen and then exported it. The finish positions did not carry to column i and the prices for the first three horses and the exacta and the trifecta in columns bx, etc did not carry over in the export file. They will appear in the export file only if the pl numbers from twinspires are downloaded and used in the handicapping. Are there are any other users who use the export feature and don't use the pl numbers?
Old 04-28-2018, 10:22 PM   #94
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks for the report Charlie. I will make it so that proper export of other existing data is not dependent on ProfitLine data being there.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #95
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

Ah. I like the explanation re PL. Sometimes I miss an explanation and then ask again and you offer a logical answer. But then I'm not sure if you offered that explanation before. Regardless I liked the answer.
Pat
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #96
Ted Craven
Grade 1

All the above discussion about ProfitLine intermittent problems now appears moot. As of today May 3, 2018 - it appears TwinSpires has changed the code at their site by which RDSS previously accessed ProfitLine data - so, it is just not available currently (or more likely, anymore, in that old way).

Please read this: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...497#post115497

I strongly urge people to STOP accessing ProfitLine in RDSS for the time being: the ranks which will show are just wrong, and Rx3 is consequently wrong too. If you DO inadvertently download ProfitLine, just ignore it and ignore Rx3. Instead use Rx2 or Rx1 for a composite Odds Line (if you use Rx at all). Note: if you do NOT have ProfitLine numbers in RDSS, the Rx3 numbers are the same as the Rx2 numbers.

Not to worry (eventually) for those who want to use ProfitLine (and Rx3) as a non-correlated odds line -- the next RDSS 2.1 update will still access ProfitLine via the new tote system and it will re-appear in RDSS (and require no TwinSpires login to get it).

I expect a RDSS 2.1 update which reinstates ProfitLine (and adds much other stuff) sometime later in May.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #97
mick
Abiding Student

Scratched FTS not scratched

I would consider this a minor item. In PIM4 today, there are two First Time Starters that are scratched but still appear on the Analysis screens.
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #98
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Good one Mick, thanks. FTS still have a few adjustments to be made on different readouts and Paceline Selection Strategies. But better than not having them at all, so far!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #99
tleusin
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to tleusin
Problem downloading cards

When I attempt to download a race card I get the message in the attachment. Please advise what steps I need to take.

Thanks Thomas Leusing
Attached Images

tleusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #100
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here you go: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=17

Ted

R
DSS -