Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
bobbyb
NewBegining

Pinnacle closed to US Customers Effective Today

Effective Immediately...

After careful consideration, Pinnacle Sports have chosen to voluntarily exit the U.S. market. Accordingly, wagers will no longer be accepted from clients within the U.S. as of Thursday, January 11, 2007.

Those clients who are affected will be required to withdraw their balances using the Cashier of their account. We assure all our clients your balances are available and Pinnacle will continue providing our international clients our same great value.
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
Effective Immediately...

After careful consideration, Pinnacle Sports have chosen to voluntarily exit the U.S. market. Accordingly, wagers will no longer be accepted from clients within the U.S. as of Thursday, January 11, 2007.

Those clients who are affected will be required to withdraw their balances using the Cashier of their account. We assure all our clients your balances are available and Pinnacle will continue providing our international clients our same great value.

Well the writing that was on the wall has now happened Bobby. Goodbye 7% rebate. Great for bettors like myself who are NOT big enough bettors to join the parimutual rebate houses that exist.

Richie
Old 01-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
jms62
Grade 1

What a great country we now live in.. Can't play poker or spend a couple bucks on the races. I guess its OK to sell a huge chunk of stock of a company that your family controls a week before a horrible announcement but a crime for me to bet 2.00 to win... How much do you want to bet, those in power will be accepting sweet consulting gigs for the oil companies when they are out of office... EFFING politics is nothing more than legalized organized crime... Sorry for my rant. I for one will really miss Pinnacle, 7% rebate was sweet..
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
bobbyb
NewBegining

We may not be any better off:
We have our problems here in Canada and it isn't just the politicians. I bet thru Pinnacle and I'm waiting for the word from them that they will lower the rebate downward - They just suffered a huge loss of $$ with the US bettor and my bet is they will be lowering the rebate. And of course I'm waiting for our Elders to enact the same crap. No there will be no imposition of tax on wagering here in Canada, but I'm sure they take a harder stance on earnings made outside of Canada and brought back in - i.e. Pinnacle.
We need a lobbying group - everyone else has one, why not us?
As an aside: Do you think for 1 minute, once VLT's are instituted in NY, they will care about us? IMO, we will be taking a seat at the back of the Bus - like the bumper, hanging on for dear life.
Have you ever wondered how many millions of dollars lay in Breakage alone + Interest; or uncashed tickets - a prime source for Rebates - which I believe would spark a major increase in wagering - but No -why? I asked that question 8 million times thru out Canada/Us and have never received an answer. They (the tracks) don't even throw us a bone or 2. No politician has ever questioned what is good for the player - just what is good for the track owners.
bobbyb
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote