Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Turf Paradise to Hollywood / Case Study

let's rewind to 2 days ago.

here is the $ 14.40 winner's past performances using the f4 tab. Notice the Tup line has totally comparable "style" with the race before and the race after ( 2 different tracks btw)
Attached Images

RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Here is yesterday's $ 29.80 winner also set on the f4 tab.

Once again you see the Tup line fits very nicely with his preferred style matching almost identically his last race "look" at Santa Anita
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Now a " live" race

This race is from today and has NOT run. Notice this time the style on the Tup line is totally out of sync with this guys behavioral pattern.

No way I use this line for THIS horse. He projects nicely off the marked line.

Point is there are tools that can be used - sometimes VERY effectively to seperate the "true" from the "false promise". Tools that only we posess.

This is also why ANY data concerning Tup shippers as a WHOLE can not be accurate in my opinion. We MUST be willing to get down and dirty to do the extra little things involved to make correct PRE race contender decisions.

Just my opinion
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
This race is from today and has NOT run. Notice this time the style on the Tup line is totally out of sync with this guys behavioral pattern...
I wouldn't call E/P totally out of sync with his normal Early running style for three reasons:

1) The difference may be slight; it's not like comparing SUS to Early.

2) There may have been a reason for the E/P style which may or may not have been shown in the comments line.

3) Lightly raced horses may experiment with more than one running style (which may or may not be the trainer's idea) especially if it's the last race.

In general I think your concept is sound, Richie, but be careful making too fine a distinction. Just my opinon.

...but if you aren't careful in this game, you may find you are measuring with a micrometer what was marked with a grease pencil and cut with a chain saw. -Larry Hamilton
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote