Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 07-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Trip Hanicapping Via The Racing Form

I saw this in the Energy manual and wondered if you ever tried it.Basically what you are doing is matching pacelines for the same horse against each other..Doc took about 4 lines and what you are looking for are aberrant lines,I guess it was another way for paceline selection.From reading the article it sounds like a good idea.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Houndog
Grade 1

Try K-Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless
I saw this in the Energy manual and wondered if you ever tried it.Basically what you are doing is matching pacelines for the same horse against each other..Doc took about 4 lines and what you are looking for are aberrant lines,I guess it was another way for paceline selection.From reading the article it sounds like a good idea.Jeff
Jeff, have you also tried doing this using K-Gen? It seems like a natural for this type of procedure.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,No Im not too familiar with the K GEN program,I think you mentioned it's in FU26.Doc in the examples used the Energy program to do it.Have you ever tried it?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Houndog,No Im not too familiar with the K GEN program,I think you mentioned it's in FU26.Doc in the examples used the Energy program to do it.Have you ever tried it?
Haven't tried using it for this purpose, but I am willing to try. If you worked yesterday's Friday night race at Mountaineer do you any ideas on which horse to try this on?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Those horses were so bad I wouldnt have any idea.How about something you are doing today?I have the form for all of the tracks so I can follow along.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Morethanrisque

Quote:
Those horses were so bad I wouldnt have any idea.How about something you are doing today?I have the form for all of the tracks so I can follow along.
Jeff, I did the winner of the race since he had 7 lines I could use from the same track. I can't take screenshots to show you because KGEN wants to go in full screen mode, so I can't use Screenhunter. Starting with the last line and going back to the line of May 06 of 2005 the lines that looked most different was the 10th line back, and the last line, also the 6th line back also seemed different. Did not use any of the Tampa lines.

Also with Kgen I did not use more than 9 beaten lengths at any call. Doc Sartin mentioned this in one of the Follow-Ups. It could have been 8 or 9 lengths. It was one of these. I don't think I would want to do this often especially with manual entry. Perhaps if you are comparing say the last 2 or 3 lines in a horse's PP's this might work out OK.

You probably will not feel the need to do this that often, unless you are really puzzled about what paceline to use for a certain horse. Actually Energy is a little more forgiving with the pacelines you select as long as they are close. The one thing Energy does not like is putting false contenders in the program.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,Thanks very much for doing that I really appreciate it and your honest opinion.Jeff
Old 07-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #8
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Houndog,Thanks very much for doing that I really appreciate it and your honest opinion.Jeff
Jeff, you are most welcome. We have got to save all the time we can when entering horses manually. I figure why devote too much time on a procedure that we may not have to use that often. The one thing you don't want to happen is getting burned out by manually entering too much data.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,Your right about the manual input it can take it's toll.I was lucky to get ahold of A Odds Gold and it has made it much easier being able to save the raw data to Energy.Hat and Kovich had quite a few good ideas for that program.Jeff
Old 07-10-2006, 06:19 AM   #10
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Jeff:

Here is another way to find abberant lines using Aodds Gold 98. Open the past performances. Find the horse you want to analyze. Highlight every line that you want to analyze. Hit the "v" key. The highlighted line will change color. Repeat for every line you want to analyze. When every line to be analyzed is highlighted then hit the third button from the right in the toolbar (upper right). This will give you the plot graph for each highlighted line for the same horse.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote