Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 03-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #31
korse
AlwNW1X

Please tell me if there is a new track code for Mahoning Valley ?
korse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #32
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by korse View Post
Please tell me if there is a new track code for Mahoning Valley ?
Yes - MVR. Please see the previous 2 posts. The file to download to update this new track in RDSS, and the instructions, are in Post #29.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #33
Lt1
Grade 1

I've been playing MVR every Mon and Tues and some Sat. It was a gold mine at the beginning as the locals were over betting numerous false favs and win prices and exactas were great. However the past weeks field sizes have gone down to about 6 per race and the public has gotten better. As a result prices have fallen greatly. The track is now warning trainers if they don't run their horses they will lose stall spaces. RDSS did very well in getting the winners and exs.
Tim
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:46 PM   #34
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Hello, It's been a while since I've been on here. After today's "recreation", I should probably take another sabbatical. I've been playing races in Japan and Australia. I decided to play the Breeder's Cup today and all of my RDSS training went out the window. What's the rule, if you have more the 4 contenders, pass the race? I should've passed all the races at Del Mar. It was as if the races had more than 1 FTS. I don't play those races, but I had to play Del Mar. I'm posting here to ask where do I find the names for some of the other track codes in RDSS i.e. BCC, BCD, BCT, EQA, ATO, BCF and quite a few more? Hope everyone is well!
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:34 PM   #35
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Kisha, Breeders' Cup races are becoming more and more international, thus European and now Japanese horses are competing - and winning. Since RDSS depends mostly on running lines with timed segments, beaten lengths and running position, along with inter-track and daily-track variants.

Thus, many races which have strong foreign runners (evidenced by Morning Line Odds or Live Odds, and general chatter) become unplayable except by using certain angles such as the TrackMaster SR compared to the TrackMaster RC (Race Class) which puts international horses on a comparable footing with North American horses.

Myself, I passed most races on Saturday (and lost my bet on the Classic) though I know some worked them. Most of them with international runners were too risky for me. I would not obsess too much about losing on those kind of races (and would not recommend playing those races with only RDSS tools). There are many, many more suitable races for using RDSS/Sartin Methodology at many other North American tracks.

You have to use the appropriate tools for the racing venues you focus on. RDSS also is of no use for harness racing, or for most international throughbred racing. I work Hong Kong regularly but use other analysis tools. I wish I could adapt RDSS for that racing: maybe one day, though not soon.

You can find oddball, small track codes at Equibase, here: https://www.equibase.com/products/racedates.cfm (ATO = Atokad, BKF = Black Foot ).

There are also special codes for collections of races which either cross different tracks or different days, like BCC, BCD and BCT which provide PPs for BC Special Doubles of a certain race on Friday 11/5 combined with a race on Saturday 11/6. There's no reason to buy those (in future) - just buy the full card on Day 1 and the full card of Day 2 of the BC Races. There are other specialty codes like EQA, EQB ... EQx which provide PPs for specialty bets on races at different tracks - e.g. Friday 11/5's Stronach Pick 5 covering 5 races at different Stronach/Monarch owned tracks across the country.

Good luck with your International racing! I wish I knew how to analyse Japanese races, and had access to pools other than the very shallow non-comingled ones provided by North American ADWs. I do like Hong Kong racing.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote