Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
raceman5
Grade 1

printer

High guys. what's a good inkjet printer? How about a laser?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
barb craven
Grade 1

What do you want it for Bob? Straight printing like printing off the DRF every day or something that will give you give colour prints like graphs and/or photos. Do you do a lot or printing, or just occasional.
Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
raceman5
Grade 1

Printing

Barb we don't do a lot of printing. We can take or leave whether it is color or not. We don't print pictures or anything like that and I no longer print out PP's.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
MikeB
Grade 1

I have an HP laser and a Brother color inkjet. Both are highly recommended. The laser is a rebuilt HP2035 I bought about 5 years ago and have had no trouble with. I would recommend a rebuilt office model printer rather than a new unit aimed at the residential market. And if you don't need the color, I would strongly recommend going with the laser.

As important as the printer is the toner or ink. For the laser, I use V4INK toner from Amazon, about $28 for two cartridges. I have been using this brand for about 4 years without a problem. Factory HP toner for my printer is about $100 for one from Amazon.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #5
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
I have an HP laser and a Brother color inkjet. Both are highly recommended. The laser is a rebuilt HP2035 I bought about 5 years ago and have had no trouble with. I would recommend a rebuilt office model printer rather than a new unit aimed at the residential market. And if you don't need the color, I would strongly recommend going with the laser.

As important as the printer is the toner or ink. For the laser, I use V4INK toner from Amazon, about $28 for two cartridges. I have been using this brand for about 4 years without a problem. Factory HP toner for my printer is about $100 for one from Amazon.
This is why I was asking Bob. I entirely agree with Mike.If you don't do much, then a used laser is the way to go. Much cheaper and will last you longer. Do take a look at his site for toner. Ink and toner is where the printer people make their money.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #6
MikeB
Grade 1

I needed a laser printer and an ink jet when I ran a small business out of my house, and continue to prefer the convenience of using both. Depending on your needs, you might prefer one or the other.

Being old school, I like printed PPs. I use Brisnet, and print out about 200 pages of PPs a week on my laser, about 20 pages per card. I would not like to do that on an inkjet. If printing very low volumes, the ink jet would probably be more useful, adding the conveniences of being able to print color and to make copies.

If shopping for a laser, I would look for a factory reconditioned printer designed for the small business market, not one aimed at home use. Those machines are designed for heavier usage than a home unit. I am not as familiar with ink jets, but have had no problems with my Brother printer. When in doubt, I always start with the customer reviews on Amazon.

In either case, do not buy manufacturer toner or ink. As I said, V4INK is tops for toner. I have not bought ink in some time. When I need some, I will go on Amazon and look for sellers with a high percentage of very good reviews.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote