Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sam,

Thanks, but my 'excellent' EPR (TPR figs) explanation was really more of a conceptual overview - pretty scant on details. I would actually suggest that getting the book 'Pace Makes the Race' Edition 1 (Hard cover) would be a worthy investment. Not only will you see the complete TPR formulas and explanation of the concepts (and be grateful you have software to do those calculations!), but other sections by Doc on on Psychology, Pizzollas Fulcrum, etc together with lots of examples - belong in any serious student's library.

You can usually find some copies floating around on Amazon - start with the entry for that book in the Sartin Amazon Bookstore: http://astore.amazon.com/sartinmetho...ail/096307430X

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
SamP
AlwNW1X

I just ordered Pace Makes The race from Amazon.

One more question, I saw the video from TrackMaster about their Speed ratings, and they say the ratings are adjusted. Why does RDSS adjust the TrackMaster ratings, and what value is being used? At first I thought that if today's race is 8fl and the pp line is for 6fl that the 6fl rating was being adjusted to 8fl. But 8fl pp lines are also being adjusted.
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #23
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sam,

RDSS does not further adjust TrackMaster ratings. RDSS uses TrackMaster provided Daily Track Variants (DTV - displayed) and Inter-Track Variants (ITV - not displayed), plus a distance equalization system to adjust ALL pacelines from all tracks and surfaces and distances to today's surface and distance at a hypothetical 'norm' track - and not to today's track. Thus all resulting adjusted running times are (hypothetically) comparable to each other - as are the subsequent velocity and compound factors and Line Scores.

RDSS displays TrackMaster SR (a different number from our internally created Adjusted Speed Rating) for comparison purposes and also for when no Adjusted SR can be created (e.g. foreign races). RDSS doesn't use that TrackMaster SR for any other adjustment, not does it adjust that SR at all (if you check the Equibase/TrackMaster PPs - the number is the same).

Did that answer it?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #24
SamP
AlwNW1X

Thanks Ted. As always, a very comprehensive, easy to understand answer.

Sam
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote