Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 01-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS 2.0 Screenshots

Hi Everyone!

I thought it might be time to start showing a little bit of what RDSS 2.0 looks like. There is so much that is new, and so much that doesn't work right yet, that I thought I'd just do a bit of handicapping this afternoon and grab what I have and throw up a few things.

Here's AQU Race 1 today (Jan 29):

Here's the Winner Shoe Babe who paid $37.70

Name:  aqu0129-1 shoe.gif
Views: 1899
Size:  93.0 KB

Here is a look at the new 'Hide' feature (aka 'Secondary Contenders'). Let's hide the 2/5 favourite Sunday in Malibu, and instead, make Shoe Babe a Contender

Name:  aqu0129-1.1.gif
Views: 1941
Size:  31.9 KB

For some reason, BL/BL is not working today in RDSS 2.0, so here's the old one:

Name:  aqu0129-1 blbl.gif
Views: 1884
Size:  31.9 KB

A few things you're seeing above:

The highlighter bar on line 3 (the selected line for Shoe) helps you see what line you're focusing on in each of the 2 available PP panels.

The Finish position bolds finishes in the top half+1 of the Field.

You can mark a horse a (primary) Contender or a Secondary Contender using the check marks in the header, or by right-clicking the checkbox or the line, or by moving the line between Contender groups in the Analysis screen. In the past, we have know this as 'Hiding' i.e. remove a horse from Analysis whom you don't wish to bet on. I am choosing to 'hide' such horses 'in plain sight' by grouping them as Secondary Contenders, or Not-for-win Contenders. The ranks showing for this group are the overall ranks they have, while the ranks in the main (primary) group are the ranks with the Secondary (aka hidden) horses removed.

All the Analysis screes are now showing more Tote info (if connected), and so far I have Win Odds and Tote Xray.

On this Pace of Horse Velocity Analysis screen, I moved %Median into the position with the %Energy readouts to show how it relates to those and to show how the coloured ESP label relates to %Median energy distribution.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-29-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Ted:

Format looks great. Hiding in plain site is good esp for exacta and exotics players.

Any place for a personal comment line? I take notes when reviewing and note esp. weak early types or v.v.late types, but the ability to remind myself during the bet decision process (on screen) would be nice too, Santa!

I always liked the velocity screen that lines up by best @ 2nd call. When the machine ESP shows late running horses closer to 2nd call than the early horses its pretty strong indicator.e.g., if a P is in lead at 2nd call (assuming it is a true P and not a one race P), any EP horse ranked lower will have trouble passing, etc.

Nice going so far....

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Profiler8
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

that looks really good. :-)

Greetings
Tim
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
noddub62
Budman

I like it I like it. Place for notes would be nice.

Congrats. I know that it's been a lot of hard work. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks,
Bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddub62 View Post
Place for notes would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Any place for a personal comment line?
So you're saying you want notes...! OK, OK, notes it is! Actually, I'm thinking several levels of notes, depending on what you need to observe:

1. note for a given past running line for a horse (you saw some undocumented trouble in a video replay)

2. note for a horse in today's race ('weak Early', 'washed out prerace')

3. note for today's race (wager decision explanation, emotional audit)

4. note for today's card of races (for a given track)

Repeated note phrases could be drop-down list selections, and notes would show in future PPs comments section, wager/model records. Notes for a horse in today's race would show in Analysis screen(s) and printouts.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
noddub62
Budman

notes

For me, just lines to add my own notes, although drop down would be good as well. I'm bad about seing a possible contender that I want to consider, maybe one with an angle, etc, but then forget during analysis or wager time. Guess it's oldtimers.

Whatever you can do is much appreciated.

Bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
So you're saying you want notes...! OK, OK, notes it is! Actually, I'm thinking several levels of notes, depending on what you need to observe:

1. note for a given past running line for a horse (you saw some undocumented trouble in a video replay)

2. note for a horse in today's race ('weak Early', 'washed out prerace')

3. note for today's race (wager decision explanation, emotional audit)

4. note for today's card of races (for a given track)

Repeated note phrases could be drop-down list selections, and notes would show in future PPs comments section, wager/model records. Notes for a horse in today's race would show in Analysis screen(s) and printouts.

Ted
Ted,

With reference to the last paragraph..."and notes would show in future PPs comments section".
Does this mean you will be including the actual race
comments like, "bumped at start" or "steadied at top of stretch"
that Spec160 displays or do the notes refer to those written by the user ?

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ernie,

The RDSS Original 2 screen for each horse's PPs now shows the short comments, more for some Stakes races. Somewhere here is where I would display user comments about a given horse and race. Also, here is where I will display the long comments seen in Speculator (i.e. full chart comments), likely as a drop down or hover-over balloon-tip type thingy. (See some screen shots later today for some balloon-tip Help examples).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Santa Anita Jan 30 Race #6

Here's a look at today's 1st contest race. I've chosen to retain ALL the horses in the race, simply categorizing them into Primary, Secondary (not for win) and Non-contenders. Secondary and Non-contenders display dimmer, and I can 'hide' them completely if I want (e.g. too much information...) then bring them back.

Today I want to keep them all to experiment with displaying Tote info for all horses, but sorted according to my own handicapping factors. Let's see further when this race is the current one.

Name:  sa0130-6.gif
Views: 1708
Size:  55.3 KB

Ernie, notice the pop-up balloon-style Help for Total Energy. I can do this for every bit of data on the screen (e.g. for extended user or standard comments), and it results in some pretty neat, conditional combinations of info.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's the BL/BL for SA Race 6, with Tote Win Odds and Xray numbers:

Name:  sa0130-6blbl.gif
Views: 1657
Size:  50.8 KB