Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 07-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #31
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Raman,

It's coming... I'm working on a few things related to tote and ADW connections, which also relate to record keeping. I hope to be able to show some more stuff later this month, but it's still going to be a little while.

cheers,

Ted
Ted,

We are all lookng forward to RDSS 2.0.....but what about the possibility of
implementing 2.0 in phases ? I think that the user community can initially
live without all the bells and whistles (such as Quirin Speed points and the comments in the above post plus, plus)

Looking at the example screens from SA R6 from 1/30 and AQU R1 from
1/29 demonstrates to me that a version having this main functionality could be
turned on relatively soon. Phase II can then include the next (nice to have)
functionality and Phase III (If there is a phase three) can include the remainder.

By implementing 2.0 in phases will also give the users a chance to adjust to a smaller universe rather than being
overwhelmed at once with all the goodies.
It will also have the advantage of mitigating the testing time.

Just to put this recommendation on the table.

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #32
Pat C.
Grade 2

Smile Velocity screens in 2.0

Ted,
If you are still taking suggestions.....would it be possible to have both the POH and POR visible simultaneously. One in the primary window and one in the secondary. Currently, when one is switched, the other is also.

When matching, I like to view how the horse ran against the POR and I get lost switching back and forth.

The program looks great. Can't wait.

Thanks, Pat C.
Pat C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #33
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen View Post
when is 2.0 going to be available?!?also wondering if 2.0 will work for quarter horse races?
Hi BigGreen, and welcome to Pace and Cap!

If all goes well, RDSS 2.0 should be ready for testing sometime in the later Autumn (Breeders Cup?). It won't work with Quarterhorses so far. I don't know much about quarters. Not saying something couldn't be done down the line though.

I'm gathering together my various modules about what works and what doesn't and will be showing some stuff in the next week or so. Getting ready for the Saratoga and Del Mar gatherings nest month.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #34
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
Ted,
If you are still taking suggestions.....would it be possible to have both the POH and POR visible simultaneously. One in the primary window and one in the secondary. Currently, when one is switched, the other is also.

When matching, I like to view how the horse ran against the POR and I get lost switching back and forth.

The program looks great. Can't wait.

Thanks, Pat C.
Pat, from the screen images above, you can maybe see that PoR and PoH are now sitting on separate tabbed screens (if you feel like displaying them). You can put PoH in the upper panel and PoR in the middle or lower panel. I also have a design for mixing some PoR and PoH on the same screen.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #35
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRun View Post
Very nice feature.....Re: extended user or standard comments does this mean that the user can control the number of pop-ups to display based on the data that is selected ?

Is the pop-up data fixed or can the user modify the data within the pop-ups ?

Thanks,

Ernie
Ernie,

Pop-ups or Tooltips are typically non-editable information (either static or dynamic, but not editable). Of course, if they are related to a user editable data point (user comments) then the pop-up contents would be 'editable'.

As with anything, they're for an ergonomic purpose - to educate or clarify a readout, or to display data in otherwise constricted space. For example, I have about 20 characters or so to display condensed trip comments (on the Original 2 screen). But the 'long comments' (full comments from the charts could pop-up if you hovered over or clicked on those short comments. Same with displaying your own notes for a race you worked or watched: on a screen you could display say 10 characters (and create/edit the text in that space), but display the full text upon mouse-over. Etc.

I'm sure there are other good uses, but they'll be there in an non-annoying way, and are almost universally configurable.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #36
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRun View Post
Ted,

We are all lookng forward to RDSS 2.0.....but what about the possibility of
implementing 2.0 in phases ? I think that the user community can initially
live without all the bells and whistles (such as Quirin Speed points and the comments in the above post plus, plus)

Looking at the example screens from SA R6 from 1/30 and AQU R1 from
1/29 demonstrates to me that a version having this main functionality could be
turned on relatively soon. Phase II can then include the next (nice to have)
functionality and Phase III (If there is a phase three) can include the remainder.

By implementing 2.0 in phases will also give the users a chance to adjust to a smaller universe rather than being
overwhelmed at once with all the goodies.
It will also have the advantage of mitigating the testing time.

Just to put this recommendation on the table.

Ernie
Ernie,

I appreciate your sense of urgency and (gentle) encouragement for a phased approach . You are not the first to suggest ways to help me get 'er done...

Various issues have confronted me in my progress on this, and not all are technical. I have found it remarkably time-consuming though. RDSS 2.0 in fact will be phased, as I'm sure no one wants to wait another year and there are good ideas to work on to last a lifetime of development, believe me! But that said, there are some minimum feature sets which I will hold out for, for the first release, which will happen when those at least are done:

1. rock solid stability
2. rock solid stability
3. Win 7 (32 and 64 bit) compatibility; works on smaller computers
4. integrated record keeping: track profiles from result charts, decision models, wager records
5. print outs
6. tote info throughout
7. My Races (aka today's race listing filtered: e.g. all route non-turf, non-maiden races for 3YO+ with 8+ entrants, where 10 cent superfectas are offered, running during the daytime; etc, etc - user definable)
8. Notion of Primary/Secondary contenders (per screenshots)
9. Documentation/tutorial videos and help system.
10. Automated paceline selection strategies

These are the large ideas. Lots of smaller stuff which has been discussed and can be discussed further once I get things more stable (various alternate screens, readouts, etc). But when the large ideas are ready for others to test, that's when the first release of RDSS 2.0 will be approaching readiness.

I do appreciate everyone's patience and interest! Let's see what I can start to put up in this space soon, as I get ready for the Saratoga and Del Mar demos.

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarracefan
suggestions

Ted,

Will 2.0 have Sire & Dam fields included, At least for me, I like to know this in Maiden Races, especially for 1st timers

It be nice to have more Trainer info as well

Thanks
Joe
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #38
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Joe (good to hear from you again!),

I will show Sire, Dam, Grandsire, Granddam, as well as make a web link to PedigreeQuery.com for the horse's more complete ancestry.

E.g. Rachel Alexandra

Won't have much more on Trainers for the near future.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #39
So Cal Al
So Cal Al

Send a message via AIM to So Cal Al
Ted: Looks great, and Happy Birthday. Looking forward to meeting you at Del Mar.
I had one trivial thought about 2.0. Every now and then I would like to go back to a race I already handicapped, e.g. a late scratch, and I would prefer to do so without waiting for a reloading all the runners again. Any way to get around that?
So Cal Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #40
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Al,

Horses' PPs load instantly in RDSS 2.0 (if you assembled them during a separate Data Centre Task) otherwise after a small delay ad hoc. Either way, after they've been assembled, they stay assembled and load instantly when you go back to them - same with selected pacelines (Analysis sets).

Lack of that has been my biggest annoyance with the current version (among a growing list of annoyances...).

See you next week at Del Mar!

Ted

R
DSS -