Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 08-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #21
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
VDC Question:

Has anyone found tracks where VDC is not as predictive as it seems to be at Delmar?

Does VDC work universally, or is it better suited to the major vs minor circuits?

I am curious to know if this factor is localized or not.

thanks,

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
lsosa54
Grade 1

Bill: My opinion is that the relationship between velocity & deceleration is valid everywhere. I think the issue with the smaller tracks and cheaper races is finding the predictive pace line, as form does not tend to hold for several reasons.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #23
Bill V.
The egg man

Mth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Has anyone found tracks where VDC is not as predictive as it seems to be at Delmar?

Does VDC work universally, or is it better suited to the major vs minor circuits?

I am curious to know if this factor is localized or not.

thanks,

Bill
Hello Bill L

I am having good success at both Del Mar and Monmouth using VDC only
I want to stay dialed in to what is working for me both financially and mentally. I'm doing well at Mth in the survival contest they are running
Plus my daily Del Mar selections are for all to peruse.

As soon as Del Mar and Mth end I will test other tracks
I truly believe things will always be good with VDC

Bill V.
Orangeburg NY
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #24
rmath
Grade 1

Vdc

Bill, I have used vdc at Beu,RD, Tdn, delaware, Mth, Saratoga , Mnr,Suffolk, Lad,CD, AP, and several other high and low class tracks over the past 20+ years and it has always held up quite well. I do believe that the win % may be a little lower at the lowest class tracks, but not enough not to play them.
Hope this helps.
rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #25
JeffH
AlwNW3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
JeffH; Jeff I use odds to separate any ties beyond the top as my second and third horses win% is about the same. You could use bl/bl or if you keep track of the rankings that make up the primary and secondary line scores,you coulduse which ever rankings are coming up the most. Eric Penicka wrote about separating ties in several articles in the Follow Up. I have found that when I have a tie for top that usually one or both will be right there.
I only get ties in about 30% to 35% of my playable races and if two or more of the top 2 or 3 ,depending on ties, are bet down below 8/5 or less I pass that race. Lately I have been passing a lot of races that have less than 7 starters.
Thanks for the info. I did use BL/BL to break ties on Friday. I did 50 races and the winner was in top 2 60% (30 winners). 70.84% were in top 3(34-48).
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #26
rmath
Grade 1

Vdc

Nice going JeffH, keep up the good work
rmath
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jeff,

There was a method to Doc's madness in having tied ranks in VDC and I think you can read his words somewhere in the Follow Up issues around the mid-70s or later. The whole point was that some horses may not have enough Total Energy to rank highly in BLBL (which is highly co-related with TE), but they are making a stong move and decelerating modestly compared to their incremental velocity. That's what VDC measures (deceleration relative to incremental velocity - segment by segment). So those horses are elevated higher than their BLBL rank would otherwise show. In other words, horses that on the surface might otherwise appear somewhat slow, but have hidden potential are brought to your attention by elevating their rank (when this has merit, do check other corollaries).

His advice was to separate the tied VDC ranks based on Odds, as Rmath suggests at the outset. Consider the top 2 and ties, or the Top 3 without ties as equal, then select 2 horses from those 3 when you can get your minimum odds. Your own hit rate of 60 - 71% for Top 2 and 3 VDC horses respectively indicates that if you pick theTtop VDC above your own odds minimum, say 5/2 or 3-1 plus one more horse from the remaining 3 (separate by Odds, pick the highest odds horse of the remaining 2) - you must eventually make a profit. I suggest you go back and check your 50 races to see what net return you would end up with if you followed this recipe. In effect, if you can consistently achieve a hit rate like this, you can dial your own ROI by restricting yourself to the minimum odds required to achieve it.

VDC is one thing Speculator users are missing, and a good reason to make the move to RDSS, IMO.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
JeffH
AlwNW3X

Thanks for the input, Ted. I will go back and work more races with using same paceline method and using the odds criteria. I will post the results if they prove profitable.
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #29
rmath
Grade 1

100 race study

I now have completed 100 races with rdss2. Here are the results :
#1 vdc 51 wins
#2 vdc 22 wins
#3 vdc 11 wins
#4 vdc 9 wins
#5 vdc 2 wins
eliminated 5 wins from top 5 final contenders.

there were 82 perfectas in final 5 horses.
71 perfectas were in top 4 vdc horses.

There were only 4 winners in the New pace horses that did not rank in the final 5 vdc contenders.
New pace only had 52 perfectas in its contenders.

My conclusions thus far are if any of the 4 new pace contenders are not in my final top 4 vdc horses they should be considered as non contenders.

One further note this test consisted of only playable races as per Docs guidelines, unlike the first 50 races I posted. There were quite a few races in the 50 that I would not normally run.
I hope that this info is a help to any and all who are interested.
rmath
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #30
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Woodbine - Sunday, August 14th

Ted,

Tested it yesterday with great results......

5 races to bet (I don't bet Maidens) - we had 5 winners.

3,5,9 - good prices
7,8 - way below what I would bet on

So far so good my friend.....

Happy Punting
JDL
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote