Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 AM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

here is the 2nd race from Evd last night

first the screen shot of everyone who has "matching lines"

how bout EVERYONE other than the 1 horse loses ground to the race pace.

I bought this only because the paceline I used for the 1 was from THIS track AND same distance ok? Also the RAW time for the 1c and 2c for this line was 48.3 and 113.4 and the 4/5 fav # 8 was a line with 49.0 and 114.0 for 1c and 2c.

oh wanna know who won? yup the 1 at 8 or 9/1 odds

There is definitely SOMETHING to this. as far as what and how solid or consistent remains to be seen

safe day
Richie
Attached Images

RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #12
dugoutgold
Grade 1

Thanx Rich! If I come up here with anything myself Ill post it. Ill download the Preakness card for starters tonight and try the same thing that you are doing, fun stuff huh??)
dugoutgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 AM   #13
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
Hi Doug,

1) I am doing what the Hat suggests and finding a final time from the pp's that matches the first 2 calls. To be honest I am REALLY focusing on the 1c and 2c. Stuff just seems to come together when I have made good line choices based on that. I also have just started with this so I have tons and tons to learn from others like yourself!

2) Strictly ORIGINAL lines Doug. NO adjusted lines man. If I am confused or cant find a pace or boss horse I am out of that race so fast u would think I was running a race. Plenty of other races to choose from.

Rich
The few times I've tried this I tended to use adjusted lines. I used both actually, but the adjusted lines seem to work. If you use the adjusted lines, does it throw off your results?
Turbulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
tompkins
Grade 1

goes back to what I have been harping about: LOOK for the performer not the performance.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #15
cprescigno
Spec Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompkins
goes back to what I have been harping about: LOOK for the performer not the performance.
I can't agree here. What Jim does is analyze how a race is going to shape up. Come up with a projected performance and then analyze the mix of horses to see which are favored by that projected performance. I worked with the Match Up months back and did well with it but had no where to go with my questions. But it worked great and definitely helped in evaluating pacelines. You tend to spend a lot more time on Pacelines using the Match Up and it can only help your results. The performer isn't as important as correctly identifying the performance shape up and then finding the performer that fits that scenario.
If there were ever two people that I wanted to meet one is Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw, and the other is Tom Brohamer. They are a wealth of information.

So Bill, When is Tom due to come on board????

Charlie
cprescigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #16
tompkins
Grade 1

perfromers

a contending performer TODAY, shows the ability to go up against a certain pace multiple times in their past performances. The intrinsic capability of the horse under the stress of pace pressure is there to be found via the performances, but it is the horse and how it reacts to pace that you isolate. Focusing too keenly on a performance (single line) is fraught with sample error.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
RichieP
Grade 1

I just worked the 5th at Evd with Charlie before the race ran. Matched up lines following Jim's guidelines.

easy as pie race to be honest. Did the race on Spec and also on Energy.

Energy calls the race sustained. The winner # 6 is right on top of the B Paragon and is top sustained horse.

Spec has the # 6 ranked 1st and gaining beautiful ground from 1c to 2c.

the 6 circled the field coming from mars to win at a nice $ 9.40 mutual.

this **** is working man. just need the patience to only work races where the lines and pace horses are clear. thats MY key so far.

Charlie is working the 6th now. We are practicing together.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #18
dugoutgold
Grade 1

Ive have just started with specpa here too look a both lines (F1 and F2) No real results yet, but if the lines are from different tracks and distances (not sprint to route projections or visa versa) Im leaning at the moment to use the adjusted lines. Doing he Preakness card for starters here and Ill post the results.
dugoutgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:37 AM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugoutgold
Ive have just started with specpa here too look a both lines (F1 and F2) No real results yet, but if the lines are from different tracks and distances (not sprint to route projections or visa versa) Im leaning at the moment to use the adjusted lines. Doing he Preakness card for starters here and Ill post the results.
Good morning Doug,
I just looked at 2 races on the Preakness card. Horses shipping in from everywhere. Definitely NOT my comfort zone in my limited time matching pacelines. Since I am ONLY using the original lines to do all my "matching" I will watch for your feedback on the card.

I am sticking to racing at
Philly
Belmont
Evd
Mnr

good luck and safe day Doug!

Richie
" Man has got to know his limitations" - Clint Eastwood

Last edited by RichieP; 05-19-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #20
Houndog
Grade 1

Richie, very innovative work on how to use the Match-Up and Speculator together. Will buy the Racing Form today and practice what you and Jim Bradshaw have taught us so far. Thanks for the pointers.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote