Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

PCR (Performance Class Rating) How good is it?

PCR (Performance Class Rating) How good is it?

The concept and formula for the Performance Class Rating was introduced by William L. Scott in his book "Total Victory At The Track".
This concept is still being used today in a variety of software applications.
Some of us are fortunate and talented enough to adapt this concept in their own proprietary software applications.
From what I've seen and am led to believe it is most effective in races that dictate and favor the early type of runner.
It is not a factor in most sustained races that favor the late type of runners.
I used it yesterday at Santa Anita and Aqueduct and had some great results.
Here are the first three races at yesterdays Santa Anita. I believe these illustrations will give you a very interesting picture of this concept.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
MIKE
Grade 1

Talking partsnut

Hey Doc (Partsnut)
--with all these birthdays you're having this year, do I have to buy you another present ??
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Mike:
Quote:
Hey Doc (Partsnut)
--with all these birthdays you're having this year, do I have to buy you another present ??
Hi Mikey, I'd be very happy and satisfied just keeping what I have.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
polambi
Grade 1

Angry

In my opinion, the main purpose of this website is to discuss and learn about RDSS2 or Newpace.
RDSS2 is doing a good job of identifying early horses for us. When it tells me that a horse is an E7, the horse usually is an early horse.
It is very distracting when posters keep on bringing up other softwares, as though they are better than RDSS2 or Newpace.
I can't help but wonder if their purpose is to bring RDSS2 down, using its very own website. I was hoping that in 2013, Pace and Cap would be friendlier or more dedicated to RDSS2...
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
partsnut
BetMix User

polambi:

Quote:
In my opinion, the main purpose of this website is to discuss and learn about RDSS2 or Newpace.
RDSS2 is doing a good job of identifying early horses for us. When it tells me that a horse is an E7, the horse usually is an early horse.
It is very distracting when posters keep on bringing up other softwares, as though they are better than RDSS2 or Newpace.
I can't help but wonder if their purpose is to bring RDSS2 down, using its very own website. I was hoping that in 2013, Pace and Cap would be friendlier or more dedicated to RDSS2...
I have been on this site for 9 years and I can tell you that as far as I know this site is supposedly Sartin oriented and sanctions many methods and software products used in the handicapping process. This is a teaching and learning site.

I would not fault you or try to dissuade you from using RDSS. This is your choice. Not everyone on this site chooses to use it.
I can tell you that I have used it for longer then you've been a member here.

It is totally ridiculous for you to even imply or insinuate that I would ever try and hurt the people that I like and have known for many years. I happen to like and respect Ted Craven and would help him in any way that I could. I have promoted and used his product on many occasions.
Your comments are uncalled for and displays a degree of your immeasurable ignorance and stupidity.

This happens to be a very friendly site and the members do not attack one another. Most of us are friends here.

Last edited by partsnut; 01-03-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Bill V.
The egg man

You Me we all make the site

Pace and Cap is about the Sartin Methodology RDSS2 is the tool for the modern Sartin Methodology

The content of pace and cap is driven by the members Ted does not need or want Pace and Cap to be

just advertisement plug filed money source, This subject comes up every few weeks

I always have the same relply If you want to post about RDSS2 go ahead, I f you want to post about New pace

go ahead If you want to post about Phase 1 Energy Synergism Thoromation quad rator, go ahead

Many people do not use RDSS for a variety of reasons Some people have won for years with programs like Validator and Spec.

Many have won with older programs and they just don't want to switch, Some just can not afford the $100 subscription and the data packages

Some people jump all over the place and post about any program that grabs there attention

Here is the rub There are many post and races and lessons on Pace and Cap about RDSS

Ted and I wish people would post races were they did not get the winner. We would love to rework races here on pace and cap

FTL post beautiful lessons almost daily about how to be a winning Sartin Methodology handicapper

You can use his lessons

If you see a post about some other program and your not interested, you can do two thing you can just ignore the post

( probably your best move) or If the poster happens to have included his pace lines

with his "THIS PROGRAM IS THE BEST presentation

Just down load the same card and enter either your own lines or the posters lines and see how RDSS

does with the same race

Anyway if your using RDSS2 and you want to learn to win

There is no place better than Pace and Cap to be
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
It is totally ridiculous for you to even imply or insinuate that I would ever try and hurt the people that I like and have known for many years. I happen to like and respect Ted Craven and would help him in any way that I could. I have promoted and used his product on many occasions.

Your comments are uncalled for and displays a degree of your immeasurable ignorance and stupidity.

This happens to be a very friendly site and the members do not attack one another. Most of us are friends here.
Partsnut, your post is a contradiction in terms (see red highlighted sections above). If you like and respect me, you will not write such things. Otherwise, I conclude you do not actually respect me.

As you mention, this site is focused on the Sartin Methodology, and RDSS. You can post about Sartin software, e.g. Synergism, Thoromation, EXDC, Validator, etc - stuff Sartin actually published. Discussion about writings and concepts of William Scott are interesting, but proprietary spreadsheets codifying his works add nothing to that discussion. Nor do screenshots of exotic longshot toteboard dutching tools (which I asked you before not to post). Not do Amerpub screenshots, especially ones with factors like Sartin Speed Rating ripped off from Doc Sartin (kind of thing which drove him crazy). If you insist on discussing things like this, please do it on your own website, or perhaps PaceAdvantage - not here.

Bill, let's keep it simple. Don't post stuff using other than known and acknowledged Sartin programs. Discussion of concept is great - we can all join in that. But I could tease everyone here with exotic and indecypherable spreadheets or screens which no one can access, yet which people will try to read and knock themselves out trying to figure out if it means something. They could instead have been working a few races with known tools such as Synergism or RDSS.

New rules: don't do that. And don't call people 'immeasurably ignorant and stupid'. It makes YOU look bad, and it's disrespectful.

(Plus it gets your existing Theads closed, and your future posts moderated.)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-04-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread