Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #191
Ted Craven
Grade 1

As of today April 15, 2019 - the public version 2.1.048-a is experiencing a significant '(not responding') problem pretty much throughout.

Here is a post about that: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12221

I am working as fast as I can to get an immediate release to fix that and many of the recent tote board problems since March. Please stay tuned.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #192
clore1030
Grade 1

I am having one problem with the new install. I normally do my paceline selections, and then compare the results to my track model in a spreadsheet.

If I switch to look at the model, RDSS will not let me come back - the window does not click to full screen. I have to close it - which gives me the "not responding properly" error message and I have to tell it to have Windows shut it down.

I'm having a problem when reopening. When I do, and I go to the race i handicapped, the tab for horse one appears but it's blank. I have to click on the tab for horse two and then go back to horse one which is now visible. This has happened four times in a row.

*** Moved this post from the RDSS2.1 Update thread, for Bugs/Problems discussion

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-19-2019 at 12:47 PM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #193
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Charles, in the RDSS registration page, please click the Update Registration Info button. This helps me know which version you are actually using, though I accept you are using the update V2.1.049.11

Which Windows version are you using? I have no information that this new version of RDSS itself acts any differently to previous versions related to re-maximizing a minimized window when RDSS is switched away from, i.e. to Excel. However, I have experienced that sometimes Windows itself misbehaves (Win 10, for example) when trying maximize when switching between apps.

May I suggest rebooting your computer to start Windows clean, then see if this behaviour continues.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #194
clore1030
Grade 1

That's the version of RDSS that I'm using on a Win 10 machine. I've rebooted and am still having the same problems. Also, each time I launch RDSS, I'm getting the Windows error message asking if I want to run a program from an unknown publisher.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #195
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
That's the version of RDSS that I'm using on a Win 10 machine. I've rebooted and am still having the same problems. Also, each time I launch RDSS, I'm getting the Windows error message asking if I want to run a program from an unknown publisher.
Charles, unfortunately, my RDSS server does not show that you clicked on the Update Registration Info button in the Registration tab, or downloaded any race card using the new version V2.1.049.11. It shows you downloaded AQU earlier today using the previous V2.1.048-a. It would be really helpful for this discussion if you could click that Update Registration Info button.

Re the Windows message asking about the unknown publisher - unfortunately I am not a major software developer which Microsoft knows about and your security settings cause Windows to challenge software signed by publishers not named something like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc ... You can disable this strict level of security scrutiny by changing your User Account Control in your Windows security settings. Otherwise, you have to live with that (un)helpful prompt by Windows trying to shield you from harm.

I would be happy to connect to your computer and watch the switching between RDSS and Excel issues you describe, though this has been observed before for some time, does not happen on any computer I have access to, and I'm not sure I would know what to do about it as it is largely a Windows issue.

But send me an email if you would like to connect computers to check this further - AFTER you click on that Update Registration Button, thanks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #196
clore1030
Grade 1

OK, will send an email. I've updated the registration.

*** Thank you!

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-19-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:50 PM   #197
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
I have Win 10 too. If you click on details within that message, you'll find a"run anyway" white list Charles.
Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #198
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
I have Win 10 too. If you click on details within that message, you'll find a"run anyway" white list Charles.
Barb
Thanks Barb, much appreciated.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #199
Latekick
Grade 1

On my entries screen, I am not getting any entries.
The post of each runner is out of order as well, which for some reason is causing the pps of each horse to get moved around as well.

Meaning
horse 1 has Horse 1 name, but has Horse 3's races.
Horse 2 has Horse 2 name, but Horse 5 races etc...
Attached Images

Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #200
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Please read the Announcement about the update: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...74&postcount=1 the part in red letters.
>> If you have assembled a race using a previous version of RDSS, please re-assemble it to display properly in this new version. <<
You downloaded and first assembled that Belmont card using a previous version. If you re-assemble that card in the updated version (V2.1.049.11) everything will look normal. Same goes for the other card you downloaded today.

Good luck at the Belmont opener!

Ted

R
DSS -