Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 07-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Queen's Plate 2013 - Woodbine

2-10-7 look solid. Bets, if any, near post time. Always a fine race to watch, at least! Good luck all.

Name:  WO0707-10.png
Views: 649
Size:  83.5 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Musical Ride - Woodbine

They always have the Mounties Musical Ride before the Singspiel Stakes, Race 8. On right now. Despite quite a rain, fascinating to watch.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Race 8 Singspiel Stakes

8-10-6

Name:  wo0707-8.png
Views: 581
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  wo0707-8r.png
Views: 478
Size:  26.1 KB

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-09-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added mutuel results
Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
JimG
Grade 1

My Queen's Plate BL/BL is similar to yours. Don't hurt your shoulder rooting them home.
Attached Images

JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
lone speed
Grade 1

The morning line favorite, Up with the Birds has several other pacelines that I wanted to evaluate. That turf line looks strong as with his other synthethic line at 9 furlongs. In my evalutions, these pacelines appear stronger than the last paceline. The trainer of Up with the Birds has two entries in this race, Mark Casse has four entries, and there is another trainer with two entries.

My final contenders are Up with the Birds, River Seven, His Race to Win, and Dynamic Sky.

My two win contenders are River Seven and Up with the Birds.

Good skills
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jim -I've learned how to use the mouse (poorly) with my left hand and put my right arm back in the sling after a few hours of handicapping this afternoon. I'll find some safe way of cheering when Up With the Birds or Dynamic Sky come home in front

Lonespeed - I agree, either of UWTB's last 2 lines make it a top contender, so that's a confidence booster. River Seven will have to improve yet again off his best ever last October to contend, but that's an interesting 2nd choice! Good luck,.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Didn't think that the Lone Early #1 Midnight Aria had what it took to survive the 3rd fraction challenge from both the #2 and #7, but it was an instructive lesson in what a Lone Early can do: slow things down then draw on the savings when challenged in the stretch, which is precisely what happened.

Great race!

Name:  WO0707-10r.png
Views: 575
Size:  32.9 KB

R
DSS -
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Sorry you didn't get a draw there Ted. I watched the race as you'd posted your thoughts. I wonder if the weather had an impact on the race too perhaps.

I have to admit though that when the jockey started to tell the story of relocating his family and starting again from scratch, it wasn't only him who had a tear in his eye! I'm getting far too sentimental for my own good these days!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

In retrospect (i.e. where everything is clearer ), I should have examined the last race Tandem between more than half the field - the Plate Trial - particularly in light of Midnight Aria being a LONE EARLY - truly: no one else wants the lead (check it out).

Name:  wo0707-10t.png
Views: 582
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  wo0707-10e.png
Views: 562
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  wo0707-10#1.png
Views: 523
Size:  71.4 KB

In the Plate Trial (last Tandem), Midnight Aria dueled through 8 of 9 furlongs with one another horse, who is not running today and as a result of which duel, lost by (only) 1 3/4 lengths. (BTW, same scenario with its 2nd and 3rd races back; basically, he's begging for a scenario where he will not get a pressured trip). Is it reasonable to presume (if the horse is still fit) that he will run that fast again today with no one to pressure him - or will he ease up a bit while still controlling the pace? And have just a smidgin more left in the tank than in his previous 3 races?

I cannot remember how many long prices I have cashed on by expecting a Tandem reversal today given the absence of a previously impactful horse (a lot).

As I said - a retrospective - BUT the value is in at least ASKING the above questions - and knowing that you can find that kind of info somewhere in RDSS! At 17-1, you get a lot of slack for trying to compose wagers which include that horse somehow, especially since the 2nd and 3rd place horses were already covered by 'less astute' analysis.

Merely a 'note to self' (I could have used a few copies of that $170 exacta today).

DaveEdwards - perhaps the wet had an influence - apparently not on the front runner though ... It was fantastic to see the post race replays and the camera shots from the truck driving inside the poly track - right at the edge of the action (driving on the inside harness track). This is the kind of exciting visual coverage racing needs more of! And Jesse Campbell and his family do seem like very likeable and competent people.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Ted:
Question. Did you hide the winner of the Singspiel because of low price, wagercapping the rest or did you eliminate it as a contender on some other basis.

I couldn't get away from her, but it took a long time to see that finishing 9th at Pimlico was a pretty good race, having lost by only 3.9 lengths.

And I would be remiss to state that the adjusted SRs from Preakness weekend scare me a little bit as most horses that day seemed to hit personal bests, with Hard to Like two races earlier failing rather grandly.

Heal up soon,

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote