Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 09:36 AM   #1
Lt1
Grade 1

Final Update/

Our good friend Rich Mathie was laid to rest on Thurs. Members of the local VFW were on hand to render final military honors including presenting his wife Theta with the traditional folded American Flag. Theta is at home and recovering well from the Covid virus. She and her family asked me to express their heartfelt thanks to all here for all your prayers and kind wishes. RIP my dear friend.
Tim
Old 09-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
cjmat
AlwNW3X

Thank you for the update an your time lt1

May the family find peace...
cjmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

You are welcome CJMAT
Tim
Old 09-25-2021, 10:41 AM   #4
darmar
Grade 1

Thanks Tim it's great to hear that Theta is recovering and moving on with her family's support. Richie will be in my prayers always and on my mind whenever I'm capping races.
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
1retired
Grade 3

Rich Mathe's passing

Richie was a really great guy. He is already missed and will be remembered fondly. He posted me several weeks beforfe he passed offering me his help in understanding and using his 4 factor method. He was thata kind of guy. I was a new member and he was offering his help. He has left us with a valuable legacy with his 4 factor method.

1 retired

Last edited by Ted Craven; 09-26-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling
1retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #6
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Our good friend Rich Mathie was laid to rest on Thurs. Members of the local VFW were on hand to render final military honors including presenting his wife Theta with the traditional folded American Flag. Theta is at home and recovering well from the Covid virus. She and her family asked me to express their heartfelt thanks to all here for all your prayers and kind wishes. RIP my dear friend.
Oh my gosh.... that is terrible
Old 09-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Tim for staying in touch with the family and letting us know. Rest in peace, Rich. You were a generous and kind-hearted man. Who could ask for a better epitaph.

May you heal, Theta, first in body and in due course in heart/spirit.

Everyone else: protect yourselves and your loved ones from Covid-19. Just do it!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #8
Tim Y
turf historian

My sister is a medical coder at a major general hospital in S. California so many charts come directly into her office for billing....Their ICU is almost full (but dropping) this past week and the majority of those admitted to that ward share a single health deficit.

As a medical professional with over 35 years in practice, I continually find that hard to understand.

Glad to hear this lady is improving

Last edited by Tim Y; 09-26-2021 at 07:38 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:38 PM   #9
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
My sister is a medical coder at a major general hospital in S. California so many charts come directly into her office for billing....Their ICU is almost full (but dropping) this past week and the majority of those admitted to that ward share a single health deficit.

As a medical professional with over 35 years in practice, I continually find that hard to understand.

Glad to hear this lady is improving
Covid causes an oxygen deficit.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:47 PM   #10
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
Covid causes an oxygen deficit.
THAT was NOT the one that they all shared