Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 10-20-2021, 07:18 PM   #11
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Thanks guys. I really don't understand why more folks don't play the medium and smaller tracks more. I gave up thinking that you can only play the BIG tracks because that's where all the class horses are and the smaller tracks are too unreliable. I think I've shown over the last year and a half that RDSS can handle any track if guidelines are followed and some record keeping done.
Tim
have YET to meet anyone who can make a profit at HAWTHORNE, no one I ever talked to or met
Old 10-20-2021, 07:19 PM   #12
Tim Y
turf historian

NO ONE I ever met won everyday, NO ONE and that encompasses hundreds and hundreds of players, some major contest winners among them
Old 10-20-2021, 07:34 PM   #13
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
NO ONE I ever met won everyday, NO ONE and that encompasses hundreds and hundreds of players, some major contest winners among them
You like to rain on people's parade, but this rain is in the bank. Nobody wins every day, but not many win as often as Tim. He's a rock and he rocks.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:01 PM   #14
Lt1
Grade 1

Of course nobody wins everyday. As long as one wins more days then they lose then all is well. RW as for Hawthorne goes I would think that some of our midwestern members do win there. After all there were several teaching members from that area in the past who no doubt taught folks how to win consistently. Unfortunately not many post here.
Tim
Old 10-20-2021, 08:02 PM   #15
Tim Y
turf historian

NO, I just didn't fall off the turnip truck.

You cannot CLAIM you had the winners without some LOGICAL PROVABLE means of differentiating just 4 horse thrown out per race.

I used to see this at SARTIN ALUMS the week before the BIG ones Travers, BC, KD) where one fellow would talk up a horse or two on Monday. another on Thursday and then two more on Friday before a BIG Saturday contest.. DAY of the race BEFORE the contest, quiet as a church mouse. AFTER the race we get a quote from whichever day of the week contained the winner with the comment: "SEE, I had that one.

throwing out a bunch of number is NOT creating a wagering decision
Old 10-20-2021, 08:34 PM   #16
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
NO, I just didn't fall off the turnip truck.

You cannot CLAIM you had the winners without some LOGICAL PROVABLE means of differentiating just 4 horse thrown out per race.

I used to see this at SARTIN ALUMS the week before the BIG ones Travers, BC, KD) where one fellow would talk up a horse or two on Monday. another on Thursday and then two more on Friday before a BIG Saturday contest.. DAY of the race BEFORE the contest, quiet as a church mouse. AFTER the race we get a quote from whichever day of the week contained the winner with the comment: "SEE, I had that one.

throwing out a bunch of number is NOT creating a wagering decision
Jealousy doesn’t become you. Every day you whiffle ball some numbers and never with complete specificity. You seldom disclose the results. You don’t construct a bet. But when someone else has a good day, you pop up and call him a liar. Sad. Really sad.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:36 PM   #17
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Of course nobody wins everyday. As long as one wins more days then they lose then all is well. RW as for Hawthorne goes I would think that some of our midwestern members do win there. After all there were several teaching members from that area in the past who no doubt taught folks how to win consistently. Unfortunately not many post here.
Tim
It wasn’t me who made the HAW comment.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #18
darmar
Grade 1

Fundamentally sound handicapping and keeping CONSISTENT records on the track and yourself makes all the difference. Thanks Lt1 for all you do to help us improve our craft
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:37 PM   #19
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Tim. My picks are posted before the races are run so there is no red boarding. As for the recap this is done at Teds' request. He asked we post results so folks could see if they found our selections useful or not. The wagering recap is cut and pasted directly from my Twin Spires account so folks know I bet my selections. The tickets I post are pasted directly from my TS account. I don't have time to post every bet I'm making for every race. If you want to question my integrity that is your right. All I try to do is show folks that they can win with RDSS or whatever Sartin program they choose to use. If that's not good enough I'll stop posting.
Tim
Old 10-20-2021, 11:04 PM   #20
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Hi Tim. My picks are posted before the races are run so there is no red boarding. As for the recap this is done at Teds' request. He asked we post results so folks could see if they found our selections useful or not. The wagering recap is cut and pasted directly from my Twin Spires account so folks know I bet my selections. The tickets I post are pasted directly from my TS account. I don't have time to post every bet I'm making for every race. If you want to question my integrity that is your right. All I try to do is show folks that they can win with RDSS or whatever Sartin program they choose to use. If that's not good enough I'll stop posting.
Tim
Comparing your selections to mine has inspired me to dig deeper into my own processes, which has benefitted me greatly. Thanks for that. I get it that the objective here is to get down to a valid contender list. Thanks.