Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Wagering when the stars align in 2009

My goal in 2009 is to profit from races enough to pay some bills while giving up the full time hours.

I promised myself that I would only play when I had NO negative thoughts whatsoever in my mind and I actually felt charged up about playing some races.

Some bets were 1 horse win bets while others were 2 horse win bets.Virtually all races were bet only when I had at least one chance at a value bet winning. I never knowingly played into a race where say my 2 horses were 5/2 and 4/1.Never.That is spinning my wheels and for ME not profitable.Even had some exacta plays sprinkled in too.

The following 3 screen shots are from my TS account broken down monthly for Jan and Feb(I did no wagering yesterday and had time of my life elsewhere) while the third shows the 2 month totals.They show all bets for each month along with win % and R.O.I. This is Richie's reality. 40% Roi over 90 races across about 10 tracks for 2 months with a win % BELOW 25%.

ALL races worked using Ted Craven's RDSS software package. The new update with the tote board and side bar showing upcoming post times for races has proven invaluable as I have NEVER missed a race cause I lost track of a post time. NO more excuses and when the update becomes stable and stops blowing up it gets that much better.

I do NOT need to win 40-50-60% of wagers to profit. If I did I would be broke and out of the game long ago.

I do NOT need to settle for these miniscule R.O.I. numbers you read about that signify "professional level" play.

I DO need to wager only when mentally I WANT IT and at the same time am fully COMFORTABLE with my mental state (no "hating" of any kind going on internally)

Good skill to all in 2009.

Attached is a photo I shot this morning here. Hey check out the picture on the wall. Look close
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Good Skill Richie

Quote:
Wagering when the stars align
Like it and i must remember it
Old 03-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
JimG
Grade 1

Where did your hair go?

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
clore1030
Grade 1

I thought for a second that it was Eric Roberts in that picture.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Where did your hair go?

Jim
How do you think I went from 220 pounds in July to 168 2 days ago??

Old 03-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Good Skill Richie

Like it and i must remember it
Charlie
Watch this now ok?

When I play with everything "right" as per my post above one of the LEAST talked about things has a chance to happen and that is this:

I have a chance to "feel" when it is time to pull the trigger and BET. Readouts are readouts are readouts. Everyone's got em man. One of the most underrated(I.M.H.O.) and least spoke about edges in the game is that "knowing or sensing" that THIS race in front of me is the ONE to risk money on. Call it whatever name you please ok?

Michael Pizzolla calls it "The bet making me". Another of his statements which fwiw I completely agree with is this:"From my work in a race the bet arises.

The above is from a man who is without question a HIGH level winner at the races and has been for years.

Now what if I told you that for YEARS when the Pirco group was at it's peak that MANY members including charter members and The Hat himself admitted to me that MP would follow Hat around all the time looking to gain knowledge from him.

A standing comment to me from the most honorable member there (Pirco) I know now was this and I QUOTE:
"Richie when someone wanted to find Mikey just look for Jimmy and he was attached to his side".

Could it be that some of MP success at the races comes from an INTUITIVE knowing as to when to actually pull the trigger and BET money?? An intuition gained from YEARS of "knowing" when things were "right". An intuition gained from YEARS of being side by side with the man from Tulsa? Could it be some of all this rubbed off?????? I am hoping someone shows Michael this post as I have a great respect/admiration of him. PLus he is ITALIAN

Charlie the final video I am making now that will greet folks in the revamped "Hat Check" area come 4/25/09 needs to be seen by ANYONE who really wants to know "The Hat's" evolution from a chronic loser to a legend of the game and quite possibly the GREATEST picker of horses in the 20th century.

Only then can my whole experience of being mentored DAILY for 2 years with Jim be complete.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
noddub62
Budman

Richie,

Can't wait for 4/25/09.

Budman
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Richie

Can't remember the exact words used, but Phil Bull, UK betting legend and founder of Timeform stated something like, good bets come along, they are not made

Wagering when the stars align, Looming up from the page etc would be another way of saying the same thing i guess

Last edited by Charlie D; 03-02-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

BTW Richie

Have you listened to Las Vegas tape 9.2??

The Hat says he played in races where he could not get race down to less than 3 - Dart throws he calls them and he's right too
Old 03-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

And for RDSS users there's some good stuff in those LV tapes too

Hat and Brohamer are using Thoromation, but well worth listening to imho