Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Suggestions for a Sartinist in studying?

I am happy to now have a laptop again, and every-now and again I find free wi-fi spots to hop online, but to me my big day is approaching, Derby Day, less than 10 weeks away, my day to swing for a homerun, or at least a double or triple. Now I do not want this sound the wrong way, as things can easily be mie-understood, and hopefully this attempt of mine will not be.

Times for me have been tough lately, but persisitence and stubborness looks to be pervailing, at least for now, and if they stay this way for awhile then come that 1st Saturday in May I may have a bank of 150-300, small I know, to play ball with. Maybe 500, but no more, even if I had it, there is a limit.

RDSS and you guys here are awesome and in the time , thou it was very short time before my world crumbled underneath me, I enjoyed and learned alot here from you all, and the best part was it was fun, really fun and you people are the best period, so helpful and patient too, something I wasn't used to, and I never forgot it either. So I do hope that we can work together kinda and help me formulate a plan of attack on this Biggest Mutuel Day of the year, without a doubt those pools are the largest and thus leading to really big payout's for superfecta's and such, and well maybe this will be my year to hit one, if not oh well we tried, as they say somewhere, "nothing ventured , nothing gained", .

I would like to ask for study material that I could get and use that is very cheap as right now my financial situation is very bad, thou improving a little, and please know I am not going hungry and the 2 bills I have are paid on time , together they total 110.00 , not bad for monthly bills, but consider I am living in the truck I drive, that helps, but enough on my bills, let's just say that downloading for now is out, but suggestions on what I could do would be appreciated very very much.

I bought the 298.00 emachine laptop from Wal-mart and thou it has 3gb of ram 250 hd and 2.2 ghz, dual core and 64 bit, windows 7 home premium, but no built webcam, no big screen to see all 3 screens of rdss, but for the money I am very happy with it, and just thought I let you know what I am working with.

During my short time using RDSS I did pretty good, my line selection I thought was okay, had a few big priced winners, and they came so easy too, Richie and Barb, Bill and the gang was pretty good tutor's, or maynbe not tutor's but good critiquer's, anyway they helped me alot. I had fun, and want to have fun again, and this year , who knows maybe it could be my year...

I will post more if it seems that my dream of hitting big on dreby day doesn't get taken the wrong way and is recieved and even encourage a little, as we all must have dreams and goals, one of mine for the last 25 yrs was to hit a big day on Derby day, some years I played and others I was unable too, I even hit nice exacta's and tri's and just missed, by not playing the super, a great payoff a few times, so this year I'd like to plan ahead an attack this year wagers more methodically and hopefully prevail a winner this year.

I have new reading glassess and I am ready to read and practice and learn and learn and practice, as I am more humbled lately and more patient and willing to practice for fun , rather than real wagering, since I can afford the fun thing better anyway.

Any help with sudying and suggestions and possibilities that will help me any way, will greatly appreciated.

Just recently reading these posts are phenomenal to me and being able to understand you guys and the explanations and examples put out here on the board gives me goose bumps, as I know this is where I belong and one day again , in the future, who knows when I would like to rejoin and become a dowloader again, and then be a winner like you'all , and you have so much fun doing it too, just amazing, please don't ever change that.

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 03-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Morning Patrick
There are several articles in the Followup journals in the Sartin Library area that deal with the Kentucky Derby specifically from contender/pace line selection to hiding horses, to wagter construction etc

These might be of some help and in the next couple of weeks or so I will see what I can dig out for you
Old 03-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

Kentucky Derby Pay Offs

Patrick history is certainly on your side. From 1990 to 2009 following is a list of horses that have paid over $20.00. In the same time frame favorites have won 4 times. The numbers are actual odds not prices. Some of these winners I recall being in the Follow-Ups.

I am certain the Kentucky Derby where Charismatic won at odds of over 31-1 was featured in one of the Follow-Ups. Following is the list. Good Luck!

1990 – Unbridled – 10.80
1992- Lil E Tee – 16.80
1993 – Sea Hero – 12.90
1994 – Go For Gin – 9.10
1995 – Thunder Gulch – 24.50
1999 – Charismatic – 31.30

2001 – Monarchos – 10.50
2002 – War Emblem – 20.50
2003 – Funny Cide – 12.80
2005 – Giacomo – 50.30
2009 – Mine That Bird – 50.60
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1

Follow-Up #75 Charismatic

In Follow-Up #75 is a write up on the Kentucky Derby starting on page 54. This features the race that Charismatic won and paid $64.60 to win. Although the featured program is Synthesis it is close enough to Validator and even some aspects of Speculator and RDSS for comparison.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank You Guys, now if I remember how to get in there, oh yeah it should be in my old email folder RDSS, if not I'll ask how to get in again, many thanks guys, really.

God Bless Patrick
Old 03-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Patrick,

We changed the Library so that access is associated with a User Name (on request). I just made the Library accessible to your User Name, so you should now see that Forum appearing near the bottom of the Forum list. Just browse the Follow Ups Forum until you find the one you're looking for. Password to open PDF files is given in the 'sticky' post at the top of each forum.

Cheers!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Repden94
AlwNW1X

I have been a RDSS user now for several weeks and am learning alot. I especially like the video tutorials. I have watched the "part one" video several times that explains the readouts thru "Velocity". They are very helpful. I am looking for the Part Two seminar on video. Am I just missing it? Thanks in Advance
Repden94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi John,

Glad the various videos are helping some. We actually never got around to Part II of that particular video, and since I've been rebuilding RDSS, I haven't really felt like doing another one with the old version.

If you do some reading of Follow Ups #70 (in the Library) or so and forward, you will find plenty of detailed discussion of the factors which we still use today, their inter-relationship, application and often their derivation.

If there's anything particular you're not clear about, just post a specific question in the RDSS Forum and someone will definitely answer.

I sure do plan to have a lot of new videos once the layout of RDSS 2.0 becomes clearer - also self-documenting help, as shown in some of teh screenshots in the RDSS 2.0 Forum.

Good luck and skill to you!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
dlivery
Grade 1

Talking Good stuff

Hi Ted

I haven't even got around to thank-you for the positive reading.
I have had to get my greedy little mind around and enjoy the time and reading all of the library
stuff and would like to know how the future of this has effected all the other members who have enjoyed this reading.

Thank's again for all your support work

Dlivery
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Gentlemen and of course Ladies

My recent humbling of life has given me new meaning to practice and patience, just the quick read of #75 has me knowing that by changing my ways and studying and studying some more, that there will be no doubt that I will be a winner and not just once in awhile, but a consistent and confident winner. Winning is easily attainable with the Methodology but does not come without your due diligence, which may vary for people, as it may take me months, probably years of practice and studying and perfecting my choices to also changing my outlook on life in general, like my recent troubles, how they taught me how fragile life can be , how quickly good and bad can come to you, like a thief in the night, well my friends this time I will be ready and no thief will take what I earned this time.

Thank you Ted and all for allowing to participate here and learn Doc's work and not only become a constant winning player , but a much more important better/smarter /happier/ and more positive person while learning to become a winner.

It took me 15 minutes to save 75 on my desktop to read when not online, must have slow connection, but that's fine I got it saved and read twice and wonder if there is a certain method to the follow-ups, as they seem to be just the current focus on what is happening that day, the prelevant question of that week, something that sparked a ingnition of awesome thought, and he took that and made it understandable to people like me, and yes thou I may need to re-read it a few times and then when I wake the next day I go wow, now I get it, what a feeling, Doc's made things so simple for us, yet has the pretense and warning that this is complex and oft times difficult to grasp, but that , I think it is because we just do not believe how really simple it is, and keep looking for the why and the how, trying to uncover some massive scientific puzzle, when Doc made it possible to win everyday, not just a few times a year. He helps those who can change and re-think their old ways and become open to starting over, that may be why complete newcomers do so well and us stubborn, so called old pro's struggle a bit with this, if anyone has the old Spock mind-meld thing down , please wipe my mind clean of any of the old way of handicapping , that way all I will know of is Doc's way, the winner's way to handicapping, man I look so forward to the next few years of learning and practicing, but even more important, yes, of becoming a WINNER.

Starting with the Derby Suoerfecta this year would be nice, but being a consisitent winner is a more worthy journey, but yes it does go against Doc's philosphy, I think, To dream of that 1 big triumph, the one big conquest, rather than the constant and level consisitinacy of his Methodology, but taking out my old stubborn ways of handicapping is a very tough thing to do, and yes I am attempting to start out fresh, BUT to take away my lifes dream of one day conquering the entire wagering possiblities of the Ky Derby, that 1st Saturday of May, I think it would be like a major goal any of us set, and then finally see it come to fruition and then set bigger goals and move forward, this may be like that for me, it will definetely be life changing if ( when ) I do it, this year or next or...but do it I will and using Doc's ways as my tools to succeed.

If there is any order or a special follow up that you would like me to read feel free, as something tells me going from 1 to 88 may not be the way to go, but bouncing around here and there may be more helpful and easier to committ to memory, as best I can.

Thanks Ted , great and easy Library , even I can get around easily.

Patrick

Last years Superfecta with Longshot, Mine that Bird was over $557,000.00 , and the year before, with favortie Big Brown it over $55,757.00

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 03-10-2010 at 09:08 PM.