Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Update Schedule

Friends,

By nature I am an optimist and enthusiast, and consequently guilty from time to time (well, more frequently, really) of expecting that I can accomplish more than I end up being able to.

I have been preparing an update to RDSS (for some time now) which I hoped to release by the end pof July, which now includes a lovely live toteboard interface including auto-scratches, MTP, Results (tied into all Analysis screens), wider screens, bigger fonts, extra readouts (e.g. Running Style, Total Energy on more screens, the classical Energy! readouts) - but approaching what I imagined to be the top of the Stretch, I find my poor software is still unstable on fields of more than 10 horses.

I have too long delayed what I knew I would eventually have to do (but which I was hoping I could defer to after Version 1.0) and work on a number of the internal memory structures to prevent the kind of crashes we still see after working a number of races or simultaneous tracks - what to speak of adding all the goodies described above, and more in the pipeline.

Maybe the foregoing is more than you all wanted (or care) to know, but it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Plus, between going to Saratoga and a few other family (vacation) matters, I need a week+ of downtime, lest smoke begins escaping from my ears.

Long story short: there will be no RDSS update in July. I will shoot for early September for something I hope you all will find worthwhile waiting for.

Thank you all again for you continued support and well wishes, which (aside from visions of staggering pari-mutuel riches) are a large part of what makes this project so satisfying!

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Profiler8
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

you have made such a good job with this current version. So this is not a problem. ;-)

Yesterday, I have found a good winner in a 10+ race. It paid 21/1.

I wish you a nice holiday!

Greetings
Tim
Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
azbacks
Grade 1

Ted,

When I am about 3/4 into a 'honey-do' my wife gives me grief when I tell her "this is a turning into a bigger job than I thought it was."

You have developed a fine product that will grow and get better, but only if the developer gets some R&R.

Having just returned from the beach, the benefits of relaxing with family are fresh in my mind.

Have a great time on holiday, and I wish I lived closer so I could join you and The P&C group at Saratoga.

Pete
Old 07-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
CC Brown
AlwNW2X

The current stuff works at Saratoga

I played Thursday, Friday and Sat at Saratoga and went 2/4, 3/4 and 4/9 on single horse win bets. Some were small but I had a $38, $20, $19, and $13 winners. I use Val 4 and when the segments screen shows the top horse as also the V/DC horse ( Ist in last panel) then you can go to the bank! If I could just figure out the second horse for my exactas!

So you program is the best I've seen and I'm pleased to hear it will get better but the current stuff works!
CC
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

CC,

Congrats on your fine showing at Saratoga, and for your kind words! It does encourage me to persist and deliver the full monty version I've had in my mind for a few years now. I too am awaiting that version (but also am pretty happy with what we've got so far...)

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™