Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Rverge
Grade 1

PaceAdvantage Team Contest

any one intrested in playing the team tourny over at www.paceadvantage.com? 3 to a team. i just noticed at least only one member from P&C. i guess 8 races from Jan to derby day every sat. although jan is a slow mo. and i'm on vacation in feb. i don't think i could be a "lead" but could 'cap on fridays and discuss things fri night. even if just one of us posts any picks i'd be ok w/ that. also i'll use RDSS and or AIO or MPH as a
opinion. hence anyone interested lets just pm to start,but go over to PA and see if you are intrested. i do not think any entrance fee or money changes hands, but the fellow in charge states there will be prizes.
Rverge aka MLCookie
ps idea for team name PENS PENS PENS (ok just kidding)
psps that was a horses name by the way
Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi,

This is the PaceAdvantage Inter-Board Handicapping League (or P.A.I.H.L) and here is a link to the Forum there: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=68

I received an invitation from Mr PaceAdvantage (Mike) to field a team or teams representing PaceandCap, (but my computer crashed this weekend and I just now got it back up and running...). Exhibition round January 1, then 8 races each Saturday (focusing on Stakes where possible) until the weekend of the 1st Saturday in May. They are trying to get some prizes together.

Folks should feel free to form teams of 3 if they like, representing Pace and Cap, or representing their favourite software programs (e.g. RDSS, Validator, Speculator, Energy, etc) or handicapping approach (e.g. The Match Up), and sign up in the sign-up thread at PaceAdvantage (you have to be a member there).

For myself, I'm not sure I can make such a long commitment, but presumable the idea of 3 member teams is to rotate responsibility as required for posting the team's picks each Saturday.

Best of luck and skill to everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

How do I become a member for the contest ?

I tried and it would not let me join.

Happy Punting

Jon Lee
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jon,

You couldn't join PaceAdvantage?? Normally, they accept new members every day. Perhaps try tomorrow. Then, join the Contest thread by signing on with other P&C team members you've hooked up with, or perhaps as a free agent.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
atlasaxis
Grade 3

Hi Guys, if you're using one of the free servers for your email address (hotmail, yahoo, etc), PA won't let you join. Not sure why but a friend of mine just experienced the same thing. Tom
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tom, thanks for the heads-up! I know that here at P&C we sometimes get up to 10 SPAM sign-ups per day from free mail servers

If anyone needs help with a temporary email address for the purposes of signing up at PaceAdvantage for this contest, just email or Private Message me.

Jon - please check your Private Messages.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Ok There will be $$$ prizes ...I would like to represent...when is our team tryouts....

I think we can fetch at least 3 teams with all the Pcappers on this board...
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Stake Schedule

Here is the stake schedule from Jan1 to Feb5...

http://www1.drf.com/misc/stakes_schedule.jsp
Attached Files
File Type: xls Stakes Sched1.xls (36.5 KB, 735 views)
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlesnake View Post
Ok There will be $$$ prizes ...I would like to represent...when is our team tryouts....

I think we can fetch at least 3 teams with all the Pcappers on this board...
Jess, feel free to organize a team by posting here or by Private Message. Looks like there's 3 folks so far in this thread, and I see Tom (atlasaxis) is already signed up on another team. Good luck, Tom's team!

Feel free to name the team as you like, e.g. Team PaceandCap, Team Sartin, Team RDSS, or Team whatever

Good luck, and skill!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
Rverge
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Jess, feel free to organize a team by posting here or by Private Message. Looks like there's 3 folks so far in this thread, and I see Tom (atlasaxis) is already signed up on another team. Good luck, Tom's team!

Feel free to name the team as you like, e.g. Team PaceandCap, Team Sartin, Team RDSS, or Team whatever

Good luck, and skill!

Ted
soooooo, could call the team "pens pens RDSS' but not "leafs leafs P&C" or
"sens sens SAR"