Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 03-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #51
SCSAYS
AlwNW3X

MVR Mahoning Valley Race Course is missing from the Data Center track list download file.
SCSAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #52
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSAYS View Post
MVR Mahoning Valley Race Course is missing from the Data Center track list download file.
If you click Display Available Cards to refresh whats available, then uncheck then recheck the box in the All Tracks header, does MVR appear?

Name:  MVR.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  99.0 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #53
SCSAYS
AlwNW3X

YES, that worked Ted. Thank you Al
SCSAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #54
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Hi Ted,
(Hope this isn't addressed somewhere I missed) ...
The live link to the Tote system seems to open now, automatically.
If I'm preparing or doing something not during race time, I would like to have it off.
Is there a way to turn it off ?
Thanks.
Automatically when RDSS loads, it fetches MTP for all tracks (carried by TwinSpires world-wide, actually) once a minute.

Every 5 minutes, it fetches Changes & Scratches for any of Today's cards which are opened (i.e. Card Summary is displayed).

It fetches odds for any of these open cards when Race 1 MTP reaches 20 MTP and refreshes each 45 seconds until 1 MTP, then each 15 seconds until pools stop changing.

The tote system is not supposed to reach out over the internet for anything related to Future or Past races - only for Today's races.

Do you observe that it acts differently than above?

That said - I will be adding a switch that effectively disabled automatic tote system activity by RDSS. Only self-initiated Data Centre internet activity: TrackMaster card list refreshes, Chart and PP Downloads, and Registration Update info.

I think I'll set the default to ON (= yes, automatically seek tote system info per the above constraints). You could turn it OFF if you want.

Does that seem appropriate/useful?

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #55
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm using Ver 2.1.048a. These are minor "bugs" which I've noticed.

After assembling several cards, RDSS will stop working. The last race it was assembling will have all horses grouped as "Non Contender."

To avoid the lock up, I'll restart RDSS after a couple of cards. I'll get the message "rdss2.exe has stopped working" which is unnecessary as I was restarting the program.

Yesterday, March 10, Santa Anita 4th race (Triple Bend Stakes), RDSS kept scratching #4 although #4 wasn't scratched and ran 2nd. I tried to reassembling the race twice with the same result.
Mick,

1. Yes - RDSS crashes. I'm working on it! Since a while. Does it crash MORE since adding the new tote system? Previously advised best practices are to open an instance of RDSS and Assemble a card. While that's working, open another instance and Assemble another card. Continue with as many separate RDSS instances as your experience tells you won't crash. I and some others who test this specifically have topped out reliably at 5 simultaneous RDSS instances on Windows 10 (i.e. 64 bit OS) with 8 Mb of memory. Your mileage may vary.

2. Testers have told me (and I observe myself that using the Exit/Restart Menu to do any of Exit, Restart, Start Another - works better than it did before, but after a while still crashes. Even if you were just trying to Exit in order to start afresh. Obviously more work to do ...

If RDSS crashes during Assembly of a particular race, showing all horses as Non-Contenders (i.e. no Check-marks on Contender setting = neither Primary or Secondary), try clearing the Analysis screen (click the header checkbox atop the stack of checkboxes) and in the Paceline Selection Dialog, uncheck 'Automatic PSS do not change Contender Status' to force paceline selection (automated or manual) to CHANGE the Contender Status initially to Primary.

OR - you could try re-Assembling that race when you resume from the crash - which should clear all previous settings and start afresh (according to your PSS settings).

The Scratch error from SA Race 4 on Saturday came because the tote system as informed that horse #3 was scratched - which it was - but SA in its wisdom (and late publication of PPs) sometimes OMITS Early scratches entirely - namely the #3. Thus, RDSS incorrectly followed scratch advice that the 3rd horse was scratched and dutifully scratched the 3rd horse on the Entries list which was horse #4 (instead of a horse with Program # = 3, which did not exist). I have only ever seen this with SoCal tracks. I will have to add in a more nuanced check that the Program #s also match .

Thanks for the heads-up on that. And thanks for the other testing!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #56
Ted Craven
Grade 1

FWIW, re crashes - and previously discussed (somewhere, sometime):

I'm pretty confident my solution to most crashes is 3-fold:

1. migrate my software tools (PowerBuilder) to a new 64 bit capable version. This should give more internal memory to address. Right now, RDSS is a 32-bit program which can run on either older 32 bit Windows versions, or newer 64 bit versions (e.g. Windows 10). Next 3 months or so.

2. Implement parallel/background processing (need to do #1 above first). Then regardless of improved 64-bit memory management, RDSS would open possible multiple invisible background sessions with full memory to compile a single race (or card or batch of say 10 races) just as if you manually opened multiple instances of RDSS to do the same thing, only more efficient. You could still open multiple instances of RDSS if you wanted to, to organize your work. But this would be the more seamless approach. It would allow you to Assemble ALL races for all cards you Download and Convert on the Data Centre right at the same time (e.g. overnight or long coffee break).

I know this works because multiple RDSS instances work. The best schedule I can give for the forgoing is sometime this year. I want desperately to be able to do what I describe above. I want RDSS to Assemble all 300+ races for a weekend on an automated schedule (say after 7am ET when ProfitLine is available), then follow some criteria to search for things based on what it can find AFTER having Assembled races (e.g. vulnerable favourites, too much contention, top heavy Early pace, lone Earlies, no Earlies, Rx rank 1 beats Rx rank 2 by a certain percentage, many other criteria, etc).

3. More detailed debugging of existing code as to where internal memory leaks away (a progammer's favourite pastime, second to tearing one's hair out while cursing at the computer screen ).

Hope that gives more perspective on crashing. I admit it is an annoyance and hindrance which makes RDSS less useful - especially when on the verge of placing a wager at 0 MTP. I am sorry about that .

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #57
mick
Abiding Student

More Nit Picking

Discrepancy with Tote (which I love having again). Just wish I'd had this horse.
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #58
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post

Discrepancy with Tote (which I love having again). Just wish I'd had this horse.
It's a known issue in races with coupled entries.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #59
Bill V.
The egg man

Thanks

Hi Ted
On Sunday I worked just three tracks, Aquduct, Santa Anita and Golden Gate
I had no problem with crashing I did all my S.A. races at once before the live racing .
Maybe the problems I had on Saturday were also because I was on Del Mars wi fi
and they had a real big crowd for Big Cap day .
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #60
Ted Craven
Grade 1

From an email -
Quote:
Hi Ted, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Rdss 2.1, the toteboard is back and works. But I can't get the mutual prices to show up in Excel's spreadsheet? After the race is over sometimes they will show up on the RX screen but not all the time. When I copy the Rx screen to MasterTemplate4.xlsx the tote info gets copied but the Mutual Prices do not. I think I was able to copy the mutual prices the first time I used it, but after that nothing. Also sometimes the tote blacks out some of the odds on certain horses?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just wanted to tell you my experience using Rdss2.1
Are you saying that even when you CAN get Mutuels to show on the Rx screen (by clicking the Mutuels button after login to TwinSpires) - they never show up in your Excel output? That seems unusual.

Or, are you saying that sometimes you click to get Mutuels and they don't show up on the Rx screen and then they don't show up in your Excel output? That would be normal; no Mutuels on screen = no mutuels output to Excel model files.

In general, I observe and others report that sometimes Mutuels don't show up when you click on the Mutuels button on the Rx screen for a current day race with is reported Official.

I do not observe that when you can see Mutuels on the Rx screen they do not export properly. And since I don't see it and cannot duplicate that - there is nothing to test ...

Are you able to describe a sequence where this repeatedly fails? Something like: 'Worked race 1, race went Official, retrieved Mutuels on Rx screen and they showed up, exported to Excel and Mutuels did not show up. Worked race 2, same thing, same result. Worked race 3 ... etc'

Also - since I am replacing manual retrieval of Mutuels from TwinSpires with automatic Mutuels retrieval AND Excel file export (if you check a box on Config saying you want that) -- let's see in the next update (soon) whether that solves your problem of no Mutuels in Excel exports despite SEEING them in RDSS' Rx screen.

Re - 'tote blacks out some odds on certain horses' - yes, I agree, per my observation in Point #3 of my Post above. Working on it!

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-14-2018 at 12:19 PM.