Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Handicapping New Years Wish

That I will be able to have a set way of looking at a race,Im really envious of guys like Bill V,Pino and Richie to name a few who are able to do this.On some races I will look at to get my contenders
1)Syn 3 TPR readouts

2)CJ numbers

3)Pace Apprauiser numbers

Then rerun those contenders through Syn 2,KGEN,Entropy

No wonder Im beating my head against the wall.

HAPPY AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY SEASON TO ALL.
confused Shoeless
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

Handicapper's BUCKET LIST

In honor of the great movie where two dying men make up a final list of the things they want to do before they "kick the bucket,"

1) Go to the Kentucky Derby and sit in a seat where I could actually SEE the race.
2) View the Grand Prix de la Arc d'Triomphe once.
3) not a horsey thing but it makes all my lists of this sort: milk a cow. (I have had many opportunities to do this but it was always when a bunch of 4H kids were around and I would have really stood out as a complete rookie)
4) Win an Eclipse/Sovereign award for either for my writing/photography.
5) Never lose an once of the true enthusiasm I have for this game.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

my wish

My wish is that each and every one
in our group and your own friends and family
have a healthy happy fun year
May you all have the best in life
May you always work an earn the great feeling of
winning and believing in what works for you

May you all always drive home as a winner

Bill
Attached Images

Last edited by Bill V.; 12-21-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
In honor of the great movie where two dying men make up a final list of the things they want to do before they "kick the bucket,"

1) Go to the Kentucky Derby and sit in a seat where I could actually SEE the race.
2) View the Grand Prix de la Arc d'Triomphe once.
3) not a horsey thing but it makes all my lists of this sort: milk a cow. (I have had many opportunities to do this but it was always when a bunch of 4H kids were around and I would have really stood out as a complete rookie)
4) Win an Eclipse/Sovereign award for either for my writing/photography.
5) Never lose an once of the true enthusiasm I have for this game.
Funny that you should mention that film. I just saw it last night for the first time. Were there racing at the Big A, I probably would have been handicapping, so the break is enabling me to enjoy my other love, that of film.

On my bucket list is for me to write a screenplay or novel about life at the track, one a bit more down-to-reality than what's been done before. Something like "Grand Hotel" but set at the track, using it as a metaphor for everyday challenges and accomplishments of people from various walks of life.

Or get one of my songs or poems published. Not for money or fame, just for the sake of leaving behind something of a legacy.

I share your Derby desire, I've never even been to Churchill Downs, so doing so on the first Saturday in May would be nice.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

BUCKET LIST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In honor of the great movie

Were we watching the same film I was expecting much more with two actors in it of high caliber such as Freeman and Nicholson.It was widely panned here in the states.Over the last couple weeks I saw Doubt and The boy in the striped pajamas both were excellent.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
I share your Derby desire, I've never even been to Churchill Downs, so doing so on the first Saturday in May would be nice.
Was there in the Fall and got to meet Pat Day...Had the place to myself after going to the K. Derby museum....NICE.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

I wish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9_CBRPNGSc

Everything else takes care of itself.

RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:56 AM   #8
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

Not let's see...New Year's wish...oh yeah, I've got it. I wish for the P & C library to be updated!

Best regards,

Jon