Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 05-24-2022, 02:47 PM   #421
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The lower screen shows the Non Contenders' ranks as INCLUDED in the overall set of ranks, while in the upper screen, Non Contender ranks (i.e. former ranks when they were included in Primary) are EXCLUDED.

Is it possible that you reloaded that race (i.e. restarted RDSS then displayed that race, re-loading it from the Cache)?

I will look at that and get back to you. Whether by working on a race directly or retrieving it later from the stored Cache and re-working it, the values of the BLBL components (the 7 Primary Factors) should be the same - i.e. the remaining Primary Group horses should be re-ranked, and any Secondary or Non Contender Groups should show their former ranks when they were in Primary (i.e. their overall rank regardless of Group).

BTW - Rx Oddslines are not affected by tote (live odds). The 3 Rx flavours only include VDC, CSR, ProfitLine, ML, CR+ EL+, in various combinations (and not Prime Power or live odds).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #422
bet2windo
AlwNW1X

BLBL changing

this happens to me from time to time when i go back at the end of the day to review. sometimes what were 1s and 2s will be some other numbers in the primary side of blbl. when i redo the race by regrouping everything back to the beginning before hides, it reverts back to what it should be.
bet2windo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:36 PM   #423
Ted Craven
Grade 1

This problem happens when reloading a race after having closed RDSS. For some reason, the routine which re-ranks factors after adding/removing a paceline or changing Contender Groups is not being applied.

I will fix that.

Meanwhile - when you re-load a race after restarting RDSS, take one horse and change it's Contender Group then change it back again. Or - change a paceline then change it back again - to get RDSS to re-rank the Primary Contender group the way it looked when you were working it live.

Pook and bet2windo - kindly confirm if this solves this problem in all circumstances (sounds like that's along the lines of what's reported).

This is Bug and I am moving it to the Bugs List.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-27-2022, 05:33 PM   #424
The Pook
Grade 1

Yes this fixes the issue Ted.

The reason I am encountering this so often is because I restart RDSS everytime I assemble a new track. Otherwise it will crash on the 2nd or 3rd track assembled.

So the initial pass is RDSS's true opinion. It looked to me like some outside influence like odds was causing it to second guess itself. Good to know that is not the case.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #425
buzzm24
Grade 3

Previous Day's TS Ratings unavailable on re-assemble

I was looking back at a race from yesterday at Saratoga and noticed that the race distance & surface had changed. I made the changes in the Entries screen and it update. However, I see that some data like BPP & PL are now blank. Are those data stored in a file elsewhere and can they be restored for re-analysis of the race from yesterday?

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-29-2022 at 01:46 PM.
buzzm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:44 PM   #426
Ted Craven
Grade 1

That's a bug , sorry.

Whether you re-assemble a PREVIOUS day race by changing the Distance or Surface, or by just re-assemble by right-click, even if the downloaded TS Ratings (BPP/PL) exist in the Data cache for that race, they are (unfortunately) not loaded during the re-assemble - that's the bug. If it is TODAY, the race re-assembles normally including TS Ratings if you had them and if not it fetches them from TS. You CAN load a previous day races and TS Ratings will appear (if you previously fetched them) but ONLY if you do not re-assemble the race.

For your reference, here is where the TS Ratings including Scratches are stored (e.g. Saratoga Race 6, July 28): C:\Rdss22\Data\TS_data\2022\20220728\SAR_20220728_R06_TS.json If no file there for a given race, then no TS Ratings were downloaded and can't appear in RDSS.

(I even tried to scam RDSS into thinking it was yesterday, but it's too clever - by half ... ).

That should not happen and I'll look at it very soon! I am preparing an update to RDSS to send out for some initial testing, maybe by end of August (I am going to be away for a couple of weeks mid-August).

Ted

R
DSS -