Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 04-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

New PP+Charts Data Plan

Hi everyone,

In the latest update, I introduced the new PP+Charts Data Plan (the Bundle) from TrackMaster, and at least an initial way to make use of it (accessing Charts for Past Performance lines). The best uses are still to come: real-time mutuel results and next day full results to feed into factor models, track profiles and wager tracking.
Unfortunately, I misspoke when I advised folks to just go to the TrackMaster link for that new data plan and add it themselves to their TrackMaster account. You really don't want to ADD it, you want to REPLACE your previous PP Only data plan with this new one, and you can only do that by calling TrackMaster Customer Support at 1-800-321-3343.
As of right now, everyone who signed up for that new plan this week is OK, nothing is duplicated: either TrackMaster fixed it themselves or I've already written to you and you know what to do and TrackMaster is expecting your call.

For anyone who already has a RDSS Data plan (i.e. the PP Only) and want to try the Results Plan, please call TrackMaster to do this, don't use the web link in the software or my Release Notes. (I'll fix the software to warn against this!)

If you don't have a RDSS Data plan (because you're in the Testing Group but haven't set up a data plan yet, or because you're thinking of getting involved with RDSS), if you want to try the Charts+PP plan, it's OK to use the software weblink to set it up your self. Just don't add it to an existing plan, OK!

Sorry for the confusion, but I think everyone is straightened out now. This only arises because TrackMaster has offered us a variety of plans to suit individual usage needs, rather than requiring a one-size fits all (e.g. monthly unlimited). They don't have the means to stay on top of whether customers are getting the right deal - that's my job, but I only get the detail accounting info once a month.

Thanks folks!

Ted

P.S. On a related note: if you're using the Pay-as-you-go plan (the most expensive - $2.00 per card), check your monthly usage for the past few months. For example, if you download 25 cards per month and pay $50 for that, you should use the Regular plan instead and pay $30/month for 20 cards, then $1.25 for extra, or $36.25 for those same 25 cards. OR, you could be paying $40/month for 20 cards for the Bundle (i.e. +Charts) then $1.50 for extra, or $47.50. BOTH options are cheaper than paying that $50 for 25 cards. Just trying to make your money go further

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™