Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > December Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

December Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

December Contest Winners

The results are in its time to announce the winners

First Place goes to Jim G

Second Place goes to Noddub62 BudMan, Bud is also
the winner of the Blue Star Prize

Third Place goes to Jimbob

Fourth Place goes to Midland333

The winner of the Sartin Messenger Prize goes to Ted Craven $50

As usual, first place picks first: i.e. JimG, then Budman, then Jimbob then Midland.

Special Thanks to Ray Kuah for his generous gift to the prize fund

To all good skill now go out and win !!
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
JimG
Grade 1

I chose the $170 cash. Thank you.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thank you Bill - you are very kind to give me the Sartin Messenger prize. I feel like it's sort of a consolation prize - though I did try to explain myself, I did rather poorly this month, though it was a normal race selection and analysis process for me and I treat it as one of the ebbs and flows of racing cycles. It does not worry me at all, though I do strive to be more consistent than that, if at all possible.

Congratulations to all the other winners this month, and thanks to everyone who took the time to play in and comment on all these contest races, and to you Bill and FTL, and also Lone Speed, for your comments in the Teaching Forum. I hope it continues regularly if the Contest itself is on hiatus for a few months.

Thank you Ray K (Buffaloxp) for your generosity in your monthly funding since June. I do hope the examples and discussions have helped your game.

Finally, thank you Bill V our intrepid Contest Manager for going above and beyond the call of duty keeping track of things and helping us with your comments on our races. You are fulfilling Doc's view of you as a true Sartin Methodology teacher, just like in the old days. Maybe your name didn't appear in the Follow Ups, but it's written all over the place here. Thank you.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
lone speed
Grade 1

Hear!! Hear!!

A round of applause is well deserved for Bill V. for his Herculean efforts of time commitment for managing the monthly contests and to both For the Lead and Bill V. for their well written thoughts and analyses of races using Rdss.

I used to look forward to the problem race section of each follow up as well the positive mental pep talk and the psychology topics of Howard Sartin. The only complaint were that each follow up issues were two months apart and there were no instant feedbacks and questions and answers like we have today, here at Pace and Cap board.

There is an old Latin saying, "Equi donati dentes non inspiciuntur." Today, this saying has been translated to “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.” I do not know Latin, I just looked it up. It has been very generous of For the Lead and Bill V. to give so much of their personal time to share their insights on their approach to picking pacelines and analyzing races using Rdss. We may not agree 100% completely with their style or their analyses, but we can all agree that we appreciated immensely their time and their sharing of their thoughts and their teachings…..

I know there are expert players who are experienced in their crafts and skill sets, but we are not fortunate to read about their “modus operandi.” I have read about DJ of San Diego who only plays the turf races at Del Mar as he focused on the best two sustained runners on Sartin programs. I know that Tom Brohamer focused on claiming races above $25K only and up. Maybe, Ted Craven or one of our readers will take this game to another level or be that “player” that Sartin envisioned in his later years using one of his programs.

Most of these successful players focused on their strengths or exploited their own niche in this endeavor. It is not the number of years they had under their belt playing this game but their visionary ideas to attack the pari-mutuel window through their own personal strengths or “modus operandi.”

We can only benefit by shortening our personal learning curve and to model the success of others….It is a thousand times better than to hear the constant barrage of naysayers with their negativism. Success breeds success.

I wish Ted Craven the best success to continue the legacy of Howard Sartin and to make his own legacy by taking the methodology to another frontier of success and advancement.

Good skills to all….
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
The results are in its time to announce the winners

Second Place goes to Noddub62 BudMan, Bud is also
the winner of the Blue Star Prize

As usual, first place picks first: i.e. JimG, then Budman, then Jimbob then Midland.
Bud (noddub62) - would you kindly select your prize so we can award the rest and conclude the December Contest.

Here is the list of Prizes, (with the $170 claimed by JimG): http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8868

Congratulations - again!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bud is a little under the weather, but he wrote me and claims the $100 Cash prize.

JimBob, you choose next between the remaining 1 month RDSS Unlimited Data package or the 6 month RDSS subscription extension.

Midland - you get the dregs

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
Midland333
Buffalo NY

Mike

Just to show good will with everyone i've decided to except whats ever left over after the top three pick.
No need to tell me how big my heart is.

Look forward to seeing it start up again---great fun especially watching how people play and improve.

We really do need about 8-10 more serious players that will take it serious instead of the same small group----how could we get that to happen?

Thanks again bill--it can be a bitch of a job at times but you have the comfort of knowing its greatly appreciated.

Mike
Midland333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
JIMBOB1002
Grade 1

Jim

I am taking the1 month RDSS Unlimited Data package. Jim
JIMBOB1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Jim, and congratulations (again)!

Midland (Mike) gets the 4th Prize of a 6 month RDSS subscription extension (to add to the last subscription extension ...)

This concludes the Prize awards for the December RDSS Learn to Win Contest, and for the 2012 Season. Thank you everyone for playing - hopefully a healthy dose of LEARNING was accomplished - the whole point for the Contest in the first place.

While we pause for a few months to retool or replace this particular Contest format, the TEACHING Forum proceeds unabated with new posts, analysis and videos almost daily. Please check in and pay close attention to all the posts and examples - it will help you win.

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions for improving the concept of an educational-oriented Contest (or other formal type of collective learning activity), please feel free to hold forth at length in a thread dedicated to that:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8918

If you're still hankering for a Contest, you could try your luck in the Ridersup Aqueduct Pick 4 Contest each weekend, sponsored by RDSS at the PaceAdvantage website (part of my out-reach activities). (start here)

Thank you all!

Ted

R
DSS -