Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

R.I.P. "Hat"

Jimmy passed on early this morning. There will be a whole lotta shaking going on up in Heaven as "The Man with the Hat" enters!!!

Speaking of that THIS is Hat's favorite song and he would want us celebrating and having good times now ok?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

I will have something more in a few days. Heartfelt condolences to his family.

All my love and respect
Richie
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Slewbacca
AlwNW1X

RIP Jimmy

Thank you for all you have taught me.

Rick
WitchDoctor
Old 04-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
lsosa54
Grade 1

Damn it, Rich, even though I knew the situation and have experience from my own Dad's passing, I banged my fist on my computer desk when I saw your email. Please pass on my condolences to LeRoi and his family members and maybe someone should let the Doc know.

Jerry Lee will be played many times today! At least Jim's pain is over and he has found peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Jimmy passed on early this morning. There will be a whole lotta shaking going on up in Heaven as "The Man with the Hat" enters!!!

Speaking of that THIS is Hat's favorite song and he would want us celebrating and having good times now ok?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

I will have something more in a few days. Heartfelt condolences to his family.

All my love and respect
Richie

Last edited by lsosa54; 04-25-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
shrink1
Grade 1

Rich,
Please pass my sympathy to the Hat's family. We are all going to miss him.
Ira
Old 04-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jim had a BIG impact during his lifetime in ways most of us will never know. He was a good teacher and mentor, was a perfect right brain to Doc's left brain and was generous in quiet ways which touched many, many people in and out of horse racing.

At several seminars back in the day, my wife and I sat with him and LeRoi on the bus to one track or another and learned about the stange differences between life in Oklahoma and in Ontario Canada. And the similarities: love, family, good music, doing the right thing as much as you can.

Lately, though I had not had my own contact with Jim, I have been moved to see his virtual 'adoption' of Richie as a son he never had, and passing on to him everything he knew about horseracing (and more). And that has moved me as much as all the rest.

Jim's strong spiritual foundation has him well prepared, and his elders who have gone on before will have a new peer on their hands; one with stange musical tastes!

Rock on Jimmy, and thanks for everything!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
jms62
Grade 1

Hat will be remembered as one of the legends of the game right up there with Pittsburgh Phil.. Didn't know him and never met him but Richies postings gave me the sense that he was as good a human being as a horse player..

RIP...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
sdahl
Grade 3

What a sad day. I would also like to pass on my condolences to the Bradshaw family. I am thankful that i was able to hear and learn from this great man the last two years on this site.

Stan
Old 04-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
mufasa
Grade 1

I am sorry to hear that Jim “The Hat” Bradshaw has passed. May he now rest in peace with God and I offer my deepest sympathies to his wife, children, and family who must now deal with losing a very special human being.

God Bless and Protect the Bradshaw Family,

Robert
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
Vinnie
Grade 1

R.I.P. "Hat"

Richie:

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about the passing of your dear friend "THE HAT". God Bless he and his family. Please extend my warmest wishes and tell his family that they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Through your postings, although I never met "THE HAT" I feel like I had, and not only was/is he a Legend in the sport of horse racing, he sounds like he was an even more incredible human being.

God Bless "THE HAT" and his family.

All the BEST Always;

Mike (Vinnie)
Old 04-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
gl45
Grade 1

R.I.P Mr. Bradshaw.
My deepest condolences to the Bradshaw family.
Pino