Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 08-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Documentation - RDSS 2.1

In this Thread, you will find evolving documentation for RDSS 2.1 -- that is, a work in progress!

For most complete Documentation and usage notes, please read the posts below describing features added to recent updates. Notes about the most recent Version 2.1.049 are at the bottom.

Please go to Post #3 below for links to download the Documentation PDF.

NOTE: Updated documentation covering the newest release V2.2.2020 scheduled for end of October 2020 should be forthcoming before the end of the year.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-23-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

New Stuff in V2.1.033 - from email Aug 25

I am sending everyone the actual software out now, though it will take me a little longer for a broader and complete collection of documentation (so please be patient with me :-). And of course, LOTS remains. That said, here is a VERY quick list of new stuff – though, brand new testers of RDSS 2.1 may have to wait a short while to fill in the blanks on stuff that’s been in 2.1 for a while:

1. Rx Analysis Screen. Previous interim Rx screens are removed, including the older Rx Research and Summary screen versions. Rx is a new composite Line Score factor which comprises weighted input from VDC, CSR, CR+ (the new Class rating), EL+ (see Point #6 below), a wild-card ‘power-number’ which can be Morning Line rank, more weighting of CR+, or an external public number like TwinSpires ProfitLine, or BRIS Prime Power. Like BLBL, the Top 3 ranks of each input factor are somewhat compressed.

In this version, we have 3 variants of Rx (labeled 1,2,3), which vary depending on which factor is used in the Power Number wild-card slot. Per the popup Tooltip when you hover your mouse over the Rx headers:

Rx1 – uses Morning Odds rank
Rx2 – uses another dose of CR+
Rx3 – uses ProfitLine (PL) from TwinSpires

FWIW, often they agree. Some people can’t get TS ProfitLine. In some races, at some tracks, ML rank(not necessarily ML odds) is more predictive. In data accumulation, PL remains strong, not necessarily useful on its own (except for FTS) but as a non-correlated to pace factor.

FYI – Rx3 itself is NOT the accumulation of points from component factors, but instead a normalization of those points to 100 (i.e. for use in the Rx Odds Line, see next point).

In future versions, in the Power Number ‘wild-card’ slot, I will add ability to incorporate BRIS Prime Power OR a user-chosen internal RDSS factor (e.g. a factor impactful for today’s race type, such as TPP, TSF3, HID, or whatever …)

2. Rx Odds Line. On the Rx screen, the column to the right of Rx3 is a 100% odds line based on the Top 4 Rx3. I may change this Odds Line depending on which Rx factor is used as the screen sort (see ‘Screen Sorting’ below). FWIW, I personally usually demote all but the Top 4 Rx ranks to Secondary, then check out everyone. The Top 4 Rx and ties wins a VERY high percentage of the time. I find ranks 3 and 4 particularly interesting, due to generally longer odds. (Please repeat after me, though – ‘it is NOT a black box …’).

3. Race results and Mutuels. At the right of the Rx screen, if you have connected the current RDSS session to TwinSpires via either the RDSS Desktop button or by retrieving ProfitLine or Mutuels once – you can fetch Race Results and Mutuels by clicking the Mutuels button – current day only. (Long term, we’ll use Equibase Result Charts in the Bundle data plan for comprehensive work with Result Charts.)

4. Screen Sorting. Most columns on most Analysis screens are now sortable by clicking on the column header in the green header section. If the column is sortable, the mouse pointer will change to a ‘hand’ icon. Example sort columns are: Raw call times (not Call 3), Running Style, Morning Line Odds, Adjusted Running Times, Adjusted Speed Ratings, Velocity columns, Segments screen columns, Rx flavours, Program # (i.e. to return the sort to default). I know which columns do NOT sort, so no need to tell me right now.

5. ProfitLine. If you have a TwinSpires account, you can enter your UID/PWD in the new inputs on the Configure screen. Then on the Card Summary, My Races, Entries and Rx (mutuels button), you can retrieve the current day ProfitLine # and Race Results. Retrieve ProfitLine for all your downloaded cards via MyRaces/Today/All Races, or on any single Card Summary screen BEFORE you assemble any races, and PL will be displayed on your Entries and Rx screens, and used as a component in Rx3. If you don’t like ProfitLine, simply ignore it! However, one side benefit of retrieving ProfitLine for a race (or the entire card or multiple cards via MyRaces) is it applies whatever Scratch info it has at the moment (i.e. Scratches for future races, which the Tote system does not fetch).

6. EL+. On the Rx screen, the Early/Late+ EL+ column will morph into a whole-performance-based E/L ranking, using typical energy disbursement patterns and typical running Positions for races like today and ‘population sample’ measurements as used in NewPace. For the time being, these ranks are indistinguishable from NewPace ranks. If you do not use (or like) NewPace in RDSS, don’t worry about it. This will be better than NewPace, and available to all.

7. Tote. Not new in this update, but for new testers: Tx2 or PW% (Place to Win) pool ratio has been added. Ad hoc observation is that it is as strong – or stronger – than the original Tote Xray pool ratio. Also, on the Tote screen, Place pool ranks are colour coded. (Stay tuned for MUCH more in the tote department ;-)

8. Modeler. While you CAN send stuff to the Modeler (Records Tab, next to Registration) by clicking on the Export icon in Analysis screens, it just sits there looking dumb (or promising) right now, and I have not worked on it for several months. It’s coming, just later!

9. Miscellaneous:

- For those using an earlier version with multiple new ‘CR-n’ factors on the Entry screen, we have settled on the (formerly named) CR3 as the strongest, now renamed to CR+

- On Original screens, the Race Conditions column for Named/Graded Stakes races now shows the Stakes Name if you hover the mouse

- On the Horse Original screen, underlines of the Final Position/beaten length (other than beaten by < 1 length) indicate a trouble trip (same as if you look on the Trip screen)

- if you use CSR, and you judge that it is compromised by clearly troubled or excusable low Speed ratings in the last 4 lines (more affected by the last 2 lines), you can recompute the CSR by clicking on its value in the Horse Header screen. The LOWEST rating in the last 4 is removed and the remaining Top 4 are used in a recalculation. (There are better ways to accomplish this, and will be in future, AND if you do more than 1 horse in a race, previous recalculations are lost – but that said, if you use CSR for a measure of consistency, and Top 5 rankings matter, and it is a component in Rx – then feel free to touch up CSR by hand if you like).

- Download Result Charts in Data Centre. If you have a Bundle data plan, check Download Charts to start collecting full Result Charts which you are already paying for. Sooner or later, we’ll start making use of those files. For now, just collect them. Don’t check Convert Result Charts – not yet ready for prime time.

- I have fixed a TON of internal bugs, hopefully also most of the circumstances where TrackMaster has reported errors retrieving data, formerly mis-interpreted by RDSS (though it will not surprise me if others remain)

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-27-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS2.1 Glossary of Terms / General RDSS Documentation

Here is an evolving document created by member Mick (initially for his own education - THANK YOU Mick). This can probably evolve into some kind of future User Guide to RDSS. I welcome any feedback about it, or additions and corrections. It does not include many new stuff mentioned in the most recent RDSS 2.1 update.

Here is the Word version (a DOCX file you can edit and send your ideas back to me) --> http://rdss2.com/V2.1-docs-word

Here is the PDF version of the same document (read only, or if you don't have Word) --> http://rdss2.com/V2.1-docs-pdf

Note: Documentation is updated as of April 20, 2017 - again, by Mick. Many thanks again for this great resource for us all. (Don't worry - it will change again ). And again ...

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-20-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Folks, Mick has updated the RDSS Documentation and the above links now take you to the new versions (dated May 29, 2017).

He has added:

1. Sorting column values on the Analysis screens (inadvertently left out last time);
2. Mike Owens' correction on Second Call velocity (was page 16, now page 17);
3. Tandem screen toggle for adjusted data; and
4. Additional screenshots for Get Mutuels and Export to Excel features with a link to RichieP's video.
Happy reading! Thanks again Mick!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Updated Version 2.1.045

Folks,

I have updated the RDSS 2.1 Testing Version to Version 2.1.045 (November 30, 2017). You can download it in the V2.1 Download Thread. Here are the additions (a short list):

1. Aqueduct Inner Turf course shows up properly now in the Card Summary Listing, and on all other references to races run on this new surface, which replaced the old Inner Dirt course. Like other tracks with 2 distinct Turf courses (SAR, BEL, CBY, GP), the Inner Turf course is now designated as 't' in the Surface column, while the Outer Turf Course is designated as 'T'.

2. Updated the Model Export to Excel and CSV files. There is a new MasterTemplate Excel file (MasterTemplate4.xlsx) with columns added at the end to accommodate and properly label the new factors on the Rx screen. MasterTemplate4.xlsx is added to the \Rdss2.1\Models\Templates\ folder The new columns added in the Template are as follows:

Column Factor
EB.........TSF3+ rank - a supplementary, composite factor comprising True Speed (final time) of the Race, Fraction 3 of the Race and Total Energy of the Horse (Note: in previous versions, this Column was labeled Rx1; it is NOT the same info as the rank in the new Rx1 factor)

EC.........Race Id -
ignore, for internal use(you can Hide this Column)

ED.........Field Size -
number of runners after Scatches

EE.........Contender Group - 10
Primary, 20 Secondary, 99 Non-Contender group (according to any user-designations)

EF..........Rx1 Rank -
see Rx1 Documentation (includes the Morning Line rank as the 'power number')

EG..........Rx2 Rank -
see Rx2 Documentation (includes an extra dose of CR+ rank as the 'power number')

EH..........Rx3 Rank -
see Rx3 Documentation (includes the ProfitLine rank from TwinSpires as the 'power number')

EI...........Rx3 Probability % -
the probability % (out of 100%) of the Rx3 rating (all numbers for a race add up to 100%)

EJ...........Morning Line Odds Rank

EK..........Tote Xray 1 Rank -
this is a duplicate of Column BW from the Odds/Mutuels section (Cols BT - CB). Just putting all the Tote analysis numbers in one place.(Note: these are post-race ranks).

EL..........Tote Xray 2 Rank - aka PW% (Place to Win percent ratio). Just putting all the Tote analysis numbers in one place. (Note: these are post-race ranks).

In RDSS, if you are running the Toteboard, when you create an Export file you'll get tote info. If you have added ProfitLine info from TwinSpires, you'll get that. If the race is over and you have retrieved Results and Mutuels from TwinSpires (or in later versions, from the other sources like Supertote or the Equibase Full Result Charts), they will appear as well in the Export file. If you don't have any of the above info, you can still create an Export file, but those data won't show up.

Spreadsheet Layout.

There are 4 Tabs: All, Win, Place and Other.If you want to make a Tab for Show, make a copy of the Other Tab; if you want any other Tabs for specific interesting subsets of races (e.g. Maidens, Routes, Turf Sprints, etc, etc), make a copy from the Other Tab.

RDSS 2.1.045 (also V2.1.044 for those who downloaded Version .044 last week) creates an Excel Export file in the Models folder when you click on the Export Icon in any Analysis panel. If you make a Folder named CSV in the Models folder, the Export module will also create a CSV format file if you need that. By default, there are no column headers in the Export file (because you don't normally interact with the Export file). If you find you want column headers in the Export file, go to the Configure Tab, click the Edit Config File button, find the [General] section, then somewhere after that line add the line: Export_headers=1 then Save and Close the Config file. Then restart RDSS.

The Excel Export files are in the new layout described above, and match the new MasterTemplate4 file. You should use this new Template file going forward. If you have added any custom columns to spreadsheets based on the old MasterTemplate3, I suggest you relocate these columns to at least the range of Column FA or further out.

The new MasterTemplate4 sheet is vertically divided (by default) to show Columns A-v at the left, and the right-most new columns at the right (depending on how wide your screen is). You can change this dividing bar however you would like it (or remove it), and you can Hide in the MasterTemplate any columns you don't want to see - to make the working spreadsheet more concise.

Creating Models from Export Files

To create Models from the Excel Export files, first make a copy of the new MasterTemplate4.xlsx file and place it in the Models folder (e.g. name it: AQU.Model.Dec.2017.xlsx). Open this Model file. Open the Excel Export file for each individual race after you create it in RDSS, and copy all rows (except any Header row you might have added). Insert these Copied rows into the ALL Tab in the Model file (right-click at the next blank line and choose Insert Copied Rows). Put ALL the pacelines from a given race into the ALL Tab. For example, if you have 10 races for the day, 10 horses per race (1 line for each horse in the exported Analysis set) you will end up with 100 lines for that day added to the ALL Tab. (Hint: having ALL pacelines from an Analysis set for a race lets you later go back to conduct any kind of analysis on that data).

When you have all pacelines added to the ALL Tab, I suggest then using Ctrl+Click on the multiple rows you want to copy. For example, to copy all rows for Winners, look in Column I ('Result') for rank=1 (the Winner) and Ctrl+Click on the row (at the left edge), then continue to the next race and so on for all races you have added to the ALL Tab. When you have highlighted all Winners' rows, either use Ctrl+C to Copy, or right-click on the row (at the left edge) and choose Copy. Then switch to the Win Tab, position the cursor in the next blank row, right-click and select Insert Copied Cells. This adds all Winners' lines to the destination Win Tab. Inserting Copied Cells (rather than just using Paste) maintains the colour coding for ranks 1-4.

To copy Place horses to the Place Tab Model, do the same as the above, looking in the Results Column for rank=2 (the Place horse).

Statistics

The updated Stats Block at the bottom appears in the Win, Place ad Other Tabs. If you always Insert the added rows (rather than simply Paste them), the formulas in the Stats Block will continue to summarize all rows above them. (Plus, you'll need to use Insert to add more rows after the first 20 entries - the amount of blank rows provided in the Template). Stats appear in ranked columns (those with a # in the Column Header) Current Stats are a Count, % ranks 1,2,3,4,5+ and rank groups Top2%, Top3% and Top4%.

Stats with Hit % at or above 67% are shown with red text on pink background to catch your eye. As you enter more and more lines, browse through the Stats block for factors (according to how you have filtered your Model) which show some pink Stats. Factors showing 67% in the Top 3 start to be interesting, 78% or 80%+ in the Top 3 even more so. Several Factors show consistent hit rates of 80%+ in the top 4 (Rx3 rank, ML Odds rank, Live Win Odds rank, Tx1 and/or 2 ranks, and others depending on race type and track).

Missing Stuff and Other Notes

Another edition of a MasterTemplate coming soon will add in critical ROI% data to the Stats Block (e.g. ROI% of a $2 Win bet on each Factor Rank, or multiple bets on a group of ranks). Stats based on Exacta Mutuels will show the ROI% of boxes and part-wheels of combination ranks.

Please note that some Factors have tied ranks and the Stats for these Factors are inflated. VDC is one such Factor, the Rx factors less so but sometimes you do have multiple Rx tied rank 1s, or Rank 2s, etc which serve to reduce the overall hit rates. I am working on evolving the Rx factors further to eliminate ties by various means (adding in tie-breaking significant factors like Total Energy or Live Tote Odds).

Please note that if you use Default Configuration Settings (or even consistent customized settings), your Stats will all be comparable to each other and you will have Factor models at your disposal to model significant impacts of various factors and ranges of values at different tracks, surfaces, distancs and race types (which is the purpose of a Model in the first place).

If anyone is doing interesting work with their Spreadsheets using ROI calculations or anything else and would like to contribute that work to the collective (or just wants to spruce up my rather primitive sheets) - please do let me know! I can use all the help I can get

Having described the new Modeling abilities of RDSS 2.1 (and with a tutorial video to come shortly, below), and having worked with Models for the past month more than in the past several years - I must say this is all terribly tedious (though highly informative!). Exporting to Excel files and copying them to Template files has always been intended as a stop-gap until automatic and much more painless Modeling, Profiling and other Record Keeping can be brought into the in-house RDSS Records Module. Getting that set up has been even more work than the boring work of managing exported Excel Model files - but is where we are heading. For the record!

Enjoy the new Modeling features!

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-30-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Modeling Video Tutorial

Because a picture (or a video) is worth thousands of words, here is a video Tutorial showing the process of exporting Model info from RDSS, collecting it in an Excel Template file and examining the resulting Stats.

-->> HERE <<--

Remember: you need to be using RDSS2.1.045 to make use of this model output. Download it from the Download Page.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 12-02-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here is a corrected MasterTemplate4.xlsx file for those who downloaded RDSS2.1.044 in the last week or so.

Here -->> MasterTemplate4.xlsx <<--

RDSS 2.1 Version .045 is simply a fix to the MasterTemplate4.xlsx file (I had omitted the EI Rx3 Probability % Column from the ALL, Place and Other Tabs).

If you are running RDSS 2.1.044, you can simply download the corrected Template file and place it in the \Rdss2.1\Models\Templates\ folder. No need to download and reinstall the entire V2.1.045 software.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Documentation for V2.1.048 (March 8, 2018)

Following is the initial release notes for the latest RDSS 2.1 Update: V2.1.048

A general update to the Full Documentation set will follow as soon as Mick can get around to it!

Also, please check the RDSS 2.1 Videos section in the next week for a growing collection of short videos demonstrating use of various aspects of RDSS 2.1

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-08-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

This release of RDSS2.1 (.048) is Part 1 of a 2 part update. I'll inform everyone when Part 2 is available later in March. Everyone will need to update again.

That said - this update (2.1.048 March 9, 2018) deals mostly with reinstating the tote system which was lost in January 2018 when Brisnet updated the old Supertote and renamed it TwinSpires Mobile. If you don't make any use of live tote info, and if you're disinterested in the rest of the items described below - you don't have to update to this version.

However, everyone will have to update to the next version (the 'Part 2' above), so you could consider starting now rather than at the last minute - especially if you've been using RDSS 2.06 for the past several years or an earlier version of RDSS 2.1

Also - long time testers of RDSS 2.1 will recognize many threads from the RDSS2.1 Testing Group Forum, which have now been moved to this public RDSS 2.1 Forum (and the Testing Forum closed). The general public can now read these threads (warts and all). Links to download the current RDSS 2.1 software require that you be logged in as a currently subscribed RDSS user.

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS 2.1.048 New Features

Here is a description of the new features in RDSS 2.1.048

1. The Tote system is back with several bonus features (and some restrictions deferred to the Part 2 update):

a) no login to the old Supertote is required. The revamped 'TwinSpires Mobile' is what you get when you open the old Supertote link: www.brisnet.com/supertote or the new actual link: https://m.twinspires.com/#liveRaces. It does not require a Brisnet or TwinSpires account and no login is required. Effectively, all the tote data RDSS uses is visible in the new TwinSpires Mobile. RDSS is just a pretty wrapper around your usage of that new TwinSpires tote and race day info site. However, you don't need to open that site in a regular web browser for RDSS to make use of the data -- RDSS IS a (specialized) 'browser' for tote and race day info from that site.

b) RDSS refreshes odds every 45 seconds between 20 MTP and 1 MTP, then every 15 seconds until all the money is in and the odds stop changing (and the horses are running down the stretch!)

c) Closing tote info for each race is available all day long and does not disappear when each race is over. It is not available for previous days though, only the current day. So, if you want to study a race with closing prices tote info but all the races have been run, simply do an Assemble All (today, not tomorrow) and as part of the race assembly, RDSS fetches closing tote prices. These tote prices are also stored in the Cache, so when you re-open such a card of races in the future, the tote info will be there.

This helps if you are making lots of Models including tote info but sometimes cannot work the races live. Or, if you come in part way through a day of races - just Assemble the previous races and voilà - tote info. Or - if RDSS crashes, tote info is not lost: it's in the Cache.

d) Restrictions: tote pricing info is most useful to model IF it reflects bet-time rather than final post-race prices. Bet-time is whatever you define as Minutes to Post when you choose to bet (MTP) - it could be 5 MTP, 1, 0, -1, -2 etc, and usually differs by track. In this update, you export to Excel models whatever tote info is there when you hit the Export Icon,and if you do that before the race goes off, you'll have pre-race tote info but no results or Mutuel payoffs. if you wait until after the race for the results, you miss the pre-race tote info. In the Part 2 update - you will specify the MTP setting for all tracks (or override for specific tracks) to capture pre-race tote info. BOTH pre- and post-race tote info will be stored in the Model system.

(FWIW, My ad hoc sense of things is the tote-related ranks we track: ML, Live Odds, Tx1, Tx2/PW - don't usually change ranks by much more than 1 in the last few minutes of betting. Currently, RDSS does not attempt to predict closing Win Odds - only indicate strongly who should be the Top 4~ish Contenders).

2. Scratches. Every 5 minutes, RDSS fetches scratches from all races on a card. If the race is open (current or future race), it updates the scratches for that race. You don't need to download ProfitLine numbers to get Scratches (though that still works). In the Part 2 update, there will be a card-level screen showing all the scratches for the day, the reason given and any other Changes such as Jockey switch, weight change and Off-turf/distance change. Just like Equibase's or the track's Changes web page.

3. Mutuel Results. In this Part 1 update, there is NO CHANGE to the previous requirement that you login to a TwinSpires account to get quick Results and Mutuel payoffs (and ProfitLine if you use it - please see Point #4 next). In the Part 2 update - Results and Payoffs will come automatically through the new tote system when a race is Official. An export to Excel model files will be automatically created. Just as previously, when you export to Excel for model keeping, Results and Mutuels are automatically saved. PLEASE NOTE: beginning with the Part 2 update, you will need to be subscribed to and using the RDSS Bundle data plan (Charts + PPs) in order to automatically get these Results and Mutuels from the new tote system. You can always enter this information by hand in your Excel models if you don't think paying extra for the Bundle plan is worth it ...

4. ProfitLine. In this Part 1 update, there is also NO CHANGE to the previous requirement that you login to a TwinSpires account to get ProfitLine numbers (if you use those). In the Part 2 update, regardless of RDSS data plan, ProfitLine will show up automatically when you Assemble races, no TS account or login required. Thus - with the coming Part 2 update, a TwinSpires/Brisnet account will not be required for anything in RDSS (except betting, video, handicapping reports, etc - if that's your ADW).

5. First Time Starters. Now show up in Analysis screens (default Secondary Group) when RDSS selects pacelines automatically or when you manually mark them as Primary or Secondary Contender. This is useful for not forgetting they exist while handicapping, and for seeing the tote odds and factors and any non-PP info such as ProfitLine and Morning Line Odds and ranks.

6. New method for moving horses between Contender Groups on Analysis screens. A right-click on a left-edge checkbox moves the chosen line DOWN a Group (e.g. from Primary to Secondary, or from Secondary to Non-Contender). Imagine the 3 Groups in a 'ring' or circle, such that when you move a horse DOWN a group from Non-Contender, it circles around to the top again to Primary. Similarly but opposite, when you left-click on the left-edge checkbox, NOW instead of removing the line, it moves a line UP a group. Remembering the circular concept of Groups, if you left-click to move a horse UP from the Primary group, you are moving it round to the bottom to the Non-contender Group. If you have moved a line to the Secondary Group, left-clicking to move it UP moves it UP to the Primary Group. Etc…

If you just don’t want to see a horse at all in Analysis (not recommended), just remove the check for the paceline in the horse PPs.

After a few tries this becomes intuitive. Use this to rapidly clear out clutter from the Primary group, not forgetting that if horses have longer odds but good readouts anywhere, they could belong in Secondary. Mostly I like to dump complete BUMS in Non-Contender and get as clear a picture of what’s going on as possible. Along with other handicapping from whatever screens or factors you use, I strongly recommend retaining the Top 4 and ties ML, Live Odds, Tx1, PW% - AFTER determining from your Contender Guidelines whether the horse is a Primary or ITM (Secondary) Contender in the race.

7. More columns on Analysis screens are sortable. The cursor changes to a 'hand' when you hover it over a sortable column. New in this release on the Analysis Adjusted Screen are all the Running Time columns and all the Positional columns.

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.