Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Mitch, that didn't help. I think Tom has it right - you have to be a certain level of player (VIP?) then you get more options, like the old site.

Anyway, Dick's comment above indicates that old site will disappear soon anyway. So, if one doesn't like the new TS interface, time to go shopping. I highly recommend Amwager if you're in a good state, or XpressBet.

This new site layout is analogous to how they 'evolved' the old Brisnet Supertote earlier this year, likely as a trial run. I rewrote RDSS' routines for getting tote data and BRIS factors (ProfitLine and Prime Power) by working with that new Brisnet site (though still a few bugs ) and while the underlying access to data is pretty clean, the UI has always baffled me. I'm now working on adding Amwager as an addition source of tote and quick results data to RDSS, then next year likely Xpressbet too. I'm practising actually constructing and submitting wagers to Amwager from within RDSS (e.g. complex dutches, etc)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #12
gentz
AlwNW2X

How to win the war on drugs... Step 1: Make all drugs legal.... Step 2: make sure all drugs have to be obtained through TwinSpires customer service.
gentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #13
jdcaldwell
AlwNW1X

Looks like TS is a place to avoid as I progress. I'll look into Amwager and XpressBet. Thanks for the insight.

PS: Does anyone know where I can buy a 12-pack of "New" Coke?
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #14
jdcaldwell
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I highly recommend Amwager if you're in a good state, or XpressBet.

Ted
What do you mean by "good state"?
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #15
Mitch44
Grade 1

gentz ,

What an excellent observation on this new platform of TwinSpires, you don't have to say no to drugs because your getting nothing from them.

My credit card expiration date expired so I logged in to update it. I tried chat to no avail and then called. It end up I have to make a deposit or buy something to update it. I have plenty of money in my account and don't need to purchase anything. Hello!!! Houston we have a problem! Why can't I just can't go to account setting and update or change my password etc.? Even finding account setting/ preferences was a problem.

Told them that after over 20 years that if I have to give up classic I'll be disappearing.

Will have to see what the future holds with them. One could observe more organization at a Chinese fire drill, what a cluster f***.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcaldwell View Post
What do you mean by "good state"?
Check out the list of rebate-friendly states for Amwager (and thus, states whose residents can sign up for an Amwager account): http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7546 (half-way down the article). Oregon residents might not qualify for any rebates, but you still could get Amwager itself, a pretty decent ADW (https://www.amwager.com/restrictions-by-state/page). Maybe XpressBet too (possibly rebates, not sure) - drop me a Private Message if you like.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #17
mick
Abiding Student

The new interface looks a lot like TVG's, doesn't it? They're targeting the tablet/smartphone crowd and probably gearing up for sports betting and the inevitable battle with TimeForm/BetFair over market share.

I sent them an email requesting that they keep the Classic interface. Thought I would add my opinion. Will it do any good? Probably not. The loss of a few accounts to them is just a little collateral damage. (But it's like voting. My candidates seldom win but I vote anyway because it's the principle.)

I like AmWager but it doesn't carry tracks owned by Churchill Downs, Inc. (e.g. Churchill Downs, Fairgrounds, Arlington Park), so that's the only time I use Twinspires and I don't use it often. I have another account or two that have been more or less dormant. Perhaps I should fund and use them to bet the tracks AmWager doesn't have. Regardless, I would suggest that all of us send Twinspires an email. A few hundred complaints might give them pause before they axe the old Classic interface.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #18
Lt1
Grade 1

I sent them an email and basically got a stroke job and referred to their bribe offer to bet thru it I don't see the Profit line rankings or its' odds line in this interface. If they dump classic where will get that info. I'll be darned if I pay Bris $5 a card to get it. I'm going to keep busting their chops even if does no good.
TIM
Old 12-15-2018, 04:02 PM   #19
Lt1
Grade 1

Looks like those at RX Forum that use Twin Spires are against this new platform also. We need to keep calling and emailing to break their chops. Maybe someone will wake up.
Tim
Old 12-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #20
Mitch44
Grade 1

10-4 Tim.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote