Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Can I can I??

Is it possible to sell a book that I have online? Or file? The books that I purchased did not meet my expectations but National Race Masters does not take refunds on e books. I am only wanting $45.95 for these titles (since that’s what they took of the prepaid card):

Spot Play Dynamite by John Da Silva
Method Madness by Noel Michaels

If anyone wants them great but if not, please recommend what I should do. Thanks.

Conley
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Is it possible to sell a book that I have online? Or file? The books that I purchased did not meet my expectations but National Race Masters does not take refunds on e books. I am only wanting $45.95 for these titles (since that’s what they took of the prepaid card):

Spot Play Dynamite by John Da Silva
Method Madness by Noel Michaels

If anyone wants them great but if not, please recommend what I should do. Thanks.

Conley

No. Not on PaceandCap, please. Also, please do not offer to give them away for free. What you do in private is your own business.

Regarding these particular digital materials, there is no way to prove you have not retained a copy for yourself.

Beside the foregoing - which is clear - and since you asked: my opinion is that you should accept this as an exercise in taking personal responsibility for your actions. We all make mistakes, made choices that seemed like a good idea at the time but turned out otherwise. We ALL have ordered the handicapping system promising insight (even riches) only to find out it was (surprise, surprise) not quite so. No one else is responsible for those materials not living up to your expectations: just you. Indeed others may have actually found them valuable - thus, the issue is: your personal assessment of their worth to you.

In my time, I have bought almost every reputable book (and some unreputable ones), many handicapping systems (with and without refund guarantees). Including Sartin software, publications and seminars - and other not so useful materials - I have spent thousands and thousands and thousands of hard-earned Canadian dollars on my education. With this $49.95 - you're on your way too

Nothing wrong with paying for research done by others while trying to educate oneself. But if certain research proves worthless to you - IMO, take it like an adult, don't blame the vendor, move on!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

Well said Ted. Conley you need to realize that most here are not interested in hearing about your problems. Asking for help learning the Sartin Methodology is one thing but constantly asking for help cleaning up your personnel problems is another. I suggest you look before you leap at everything that catches your fancy. Like Ted stated most of us have bought many a racing books or system at one time in our life. Thankfully we found the Doc. Stop chasing rainbows and start taking advantage of what the Methodology offers.
Tim
Old 01-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
rmath
Grade 1

Well Put.

AMEN.
Well said by both Ted and Lt1.
Conley you have to learn from your mistakes just like everyone here at PaceandCap have done in the past.
You have the been given an opportunity that most of us older Sartin players never had.
Everyone of us had to learn by doing with programs that were not as modern or as easy to use as RDSS is.
Stop looking for the holy grail: you have it in your hands.
LEARN TO USE IT. (RDSS)
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Sorry once again. Apologies. Just to let you guys know, my parents are not allowing me to use the RDSS software (even though I asked for a 20 card per month annual subscription for Christmas) so that is why I am asking for questions and answers. Yes I should be in the Sartin programs and yes I should stop my wininning but I don’t have the free time since I am at school. So sorry everyone. Focusing on spot plays for this year and the odd cards.

Conley
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote