Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 01-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
HelenVBeden

Post Hello, I am Helen!. And even though this my first post here

Hello, I am Helen!.
And even though this my first post here, I for a long time on this forum scott.asmallorange.com I'm not sure if this should go here or in the GENERAL DISCUSS section,
so if it's in the wrong place, my apologies (and can someone move it please! EXCUSE uneducated girl). I just loved this topic.
Honestly we should start some movement or society. Anyway I'm also one of those people who enjoy to discuss "Speculator Area".
In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF. I'll glad read all new information about this topic
Thanks a lot..!!
Helen V. Beden.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
tompkins
Grade 1

take it easy

I was one of the original testers for the first version of Speculator...IT is a great program, but it takes TIME to understand which screens are the most predictive.

Play several tracks several days on PAPER to find out which screens are predicitive for you. Remember that the longer the race, or when it is on the lawn, the more likely the incremental deceleration, OR True speed/deceleration screens are predicitive. ALWAYS look at the longshot detector screens to see what kind of pace the horse ran against. DON'T be timid about putting a SECOND line in the program to see if your first choice is SAMPLE ERROR. This maneuver alone saves many a "one race wonder" bet.

Let the program tell you form cycles by using the last three lines to see if this horse is improving, staying the same or going off form. REMEMBER never depend upon a SINGLE race out of context to the form cycle or it will be fraught with sample error. If you get your choices down to let's say A B C D, then go back and look at A1 A2 A4 (for example) against the B C D lines. Then put in B1 B3 B4 against A C D etc. to find out if there is a dominant animal here. Don't kow how often a third line back puts a horse on top BY ITSELF, but then when you put in the 1st and 2nd back you find this horse is tailing off bigtime. Infer to what the horse is going to do TODAY, not two races back.

PRACTICE with theory before you practice with real money.

Last edited by tompkins; 01-31-2007 at 11:10 AM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
tompkins
Grade 1

Also

Keep a record of the early/late numbers and ESP styles of the WINNERs of each race, each distance, each track from the line in the past performance you used in the program that is TYPICAL for that horse (i.e. don't use an SP with a -14.2, if all the other lines are +6 E/P).

These standards will help you eliminate a lot of horses that otherwise look good but won't match to the energy requirements of each track and help to tell you when the track is biased one way or the other on the day you are playing it. THAT ALONE will save you a lot of money and hair puling if, for example, TODAY the standards of 6 furlong sprints run were +3 E/P and the standards are Early +14. It keeps you IN THE GAME as the track is TODAY.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
tompkins
Grade 1

form example

6th Aqu MSW the 3 horse is improving last three usable lines.
Attached Images

Last edited by tompkins; 01-31-2007 at 03:00 PM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Spam Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenVBeden View Post
Hello, I am Helen!.
And even though this my first post here, I for a long time on this forum scott.asmallorange.com I'm not sure if this should go here or in the GENERAL DISCUSS section,
so if it's in the wrong place, my apologies (and can someone move it please! EXCUSE uneducated girl). I just loved this topic.
Honestly we should start some movement or society. Anyway I'm also one of those people who enjoy to discuss "Speculator Area".
In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF. I'll glad read all new information about this topic
Thanks a lot..!!
Helen V. Beden.

are you serious??

You "enjoy to discuss Speculator area". What is "this topic that you love" exactly??

What is "Speculator Area" and what meaning in life does it have "Helen" ??

The nice thing is a SINCERE man has actually gone out of his way to explain some things you really have NO interest in. Amazing the generosity of others isn't it "Helen" ??

Last edited by RichieP; 01-31-2007 at 03:49 PM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
tompkins
Grade 1

here is what spec can find

9th race - Aqueduct - January 31, 2007
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
14 Indecisive Miss 49.80 20.00 11.80
2 Lady of Kelanen 6.00 4.90
6 Flash Lightning 10.00

$2 Daily Double 4-14 281.00
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
tompkins
Grade 1

also showed "e/l relativity" which is very strong in maidens.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
dugoutgold
Grade 1

For what it is worth I enjoyed these screen shots very much. thanks
dugoutgold is offline   Reply With Quote