Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 03-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
noddub62
Budman

TE & %M as a form indicator

I still am intrigued with using the various Spec outputs to determine form, particularly TE & %M. For increasing TE & %M I note in my comment line
(F9) a + for increasing TE and a + for decreasing %M, - signs for the opposites, 0 for no change, and ? for unknown. I also note if the horse is a layoff coming back or if this will be the 2nd or 3rd after a layoff. Also note last time winners and by how much (the old Scott - How will your Horse Run carry over mind set).

At this point I won't mix dirt and turf but I do mix route to sprint and vice versa. Probably should not but for right now I'm gathering data to analyze later. I will run thu 3 or 4 cards for a Thursday nite at LS simucast and try to find races where I have two pluses (++) in my top 4 to 5 contenders. The tracks are Ev, Ct, Pen, TP or Hou right now. Currently my wager will be on two pluses or a 2nd or 3rd back with ??. (The ?? usually indicates that it is a betable horse - just cannot do a + or - for whatever reason.)

The 2 ++ should put you on a live horse but not always. The 2 -- or a -+, +- will usuall indicate a false favorite or false mid-tier, but not always. I have managed too eliminate the top 2 or 3 tiers more than once and get a juicy payout. Last week I got the W & P and exacta on tier 4 and 5 and both were double digit odds. I have had several "ahead of the game nites" but I looked like John the Baptist last nite, so you never know and that's why its called gambling, to quote my wife. (She did get a trinket from the exacta for putting up with me).

I will be looking at refining these form indicators, I hope, and will also share what comes out of the hopper.

QUESTION in all of this! Anybody got any insight that they want to share as I just as soon not reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Bud

PS Lone Star starts live in 13 days and I can't wait to see the pretty Texas girls in those short cut-off Levi's, smell the horses, cash some tickets and drink some cold, cold beer.

Remember the Alamo!
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddub62
I still am intrigued with using the various Spec outputs to determine form, particularly TE & %M. For increasing TE & %M I note in my comment line
(F9) a + for increasing TE and a + for decreasing %M, - signs for the opposites, 0 for no change, and ? for unknown. I also note if the horse is a layoff coming back or if this will be the 2nd or 3rd after a layoff. Also note last time winners and by how much (the old Scott - How will your Horse Run carry over mind set).

At this point I won't mix dirt and turf but I do mix route to sprint and vice versa. Probably should not but for right now I'm gathering data to analyze later. I will run thu 3 or 4 cards for a Thursday nite at LS simucast and try to find races where I have two pluses (++) in my top 4 to 5 contenders. The tracks are Ev, Ct, Pen, TP or Hou right now. Currently my wager will be on two pluses or a 2nd or 3rd back with ??. (The ?? usually indicates that it is a betable horse - just cannot do a + or - for whatever reason.)

The 2 ++ should put you on a live horse but not always. The 2 -- or a -+, +- will usuall indicate a false favorite or false mid-tier, but not always. I have managed too eliminate the top 2 or 3 tiers more than once and get a juicy payout. Last week I got the W & P and exacta on tier 4 and 5 and both were double digit odds. I have had several "ahead of the game nites" but I looked like John the Baptist last nite, so you never know and that's why its called gambling, to quote my wife. (She did get a trinket from the exacta for putting up with me).

I will be looking at refining these form indicators, I hope, and will also share what comes out of the hopper.

QUESTION in all of this! Anybody got any insight that they want to share as I just as soon not reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Bud

PS Lone Star starts live in 13 days and I can't wait to see the pretty Texas girls in those short cut-off Levi's, smell the horses, cash some tickets and drink some cold, cold beer.

Remember the Alamo!
Very creative Bud! I am gonna clock it at 2 tracks I follow pretty closely ok?

Sounds interesting. You will lose all the horses that are coming off bad last races ( lots of those are the price guys) BUT you will also GAIN some solid BOMBS too!

There is ALWAYS a give and take in whatever we do in racing. least thats my opinion

stay cool Bud and thanx again
Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
admin
Administrator

One of my all time fav books

I really Loved that Book
how will your horse run today

I tried your method here
I happen to have these Vector Shots from a race I did at
Philly over in the Club Pace and Cap area

I added the + - or 0's in the Comment area in blue
Here is horse 1
Attached Images

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
admin
Administrator

horse 2

Horse 2
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #5
admin
Administrator

Next horse 3

Horse 3
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
admin
Administrator

Horse 4

Horse 4
Attached Images

Last edited by admin; 04-01-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
admin
Administrator

Horse 5

Horse 5
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
admin
Administrator

horse 6

Horse 6
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #9
admin
Administrator

horse 7

horse 7
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

[QUOTE=noddub62](F9) a + for increasing TE and a + for decreasing %M, - signs for the opposites, 0 for no change, and ? for unknown. I also note if the horse is a layoff coming back or if this will be the 2nd or 3rd after a layoff. Also note last time winners and by how much (the old Scott - How will your Horse Run carry over mind set).

Thanks,

Bud

Bud,
Question please.

How many races are you using to determine ++ or -- ?? last 2? last 3?

Thanx
Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote