Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Tutorial Webinar #1

Today April 20 there will be a RDSS Tutorial Webinar via Zoom at 1pm Eastern Time. I'll start it at 12:45 to give 15 minutes for folks to join and get any technical kinks worked out. It might last an hour. Everyone is welcomed to join; there is no charge for this.

The meeting is over. Please watch the video, here.

Follow the instructions given to join the webinar. You don't need a video cam working (to show your own face) if you don't want to, but you do need to turn your computer speakers on for audio. You can try joining that meeting early if you wish to get your Zoom app working in your browser: the meeting won't have started, but it will give you time to get set up rather than at the last minute if you've not used Zoom before. You can disconnect and join again later.

Note: when you join the meeting, you will be placed into a 'waiting room' mode until I admit you to the meeting, so please be patient

This might be the first of a regular series of RDSS/Sartin Methodology tutorials. I will record it and post a link to re-watch it at your leisure. This initial webinar will review some of the basics of using RDSS, navigating the screens, what some of the readouts mean and how they inter-relate. Also my personal approach to using the tools. We'll use PARX races today as a context for what we're doing. Subsequent webinars might have different guests showing their own particular ways of using RDSS and betting practice.

When you join, your audio will be muted. If there are questions or comments, please enter them in the Chat box which I'll identify at the beginning. Then I can enable audio for others in the meeting to participate. This will be my first time holding a meeting/webinar with more than 3 people, so it might take me a little while to get the best flow of participation happening.

Here is the Zoom tutorial page with info on how to join a Zoom meeting and how to use the Zoom interface during the meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/art...oin-A-Meeting- For specific info on joining a meeting from a web browser (as we're doing, via the link above), scroll down that Zoom tutorial page to the Web Browser section for a detailed description on what to expect from different browsers.

See you in a few hours!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-20-2021 at 04:03 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Hi Ted,
As there is space for 100 people I'm going to log in twice. Once with my PC to see everything properly and also with my phone to talk and so I can be seen. Under my real name too!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

That's OK. Starting soon.

R
DSS -
Old 04-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #4
gfnut
Grade 1

Hi Ted
I tried to go to meeting but it said you removed me from meeting. Is it full.
gfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:05 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tom, were you named MS Store? If that was you, I apologize. I am sensitive to random 'Zoom-bombers' crashing in (and the link to this meeting was a public link), hence the 'waiting room' mode.

Perhaps next time you can change your Zoom meeting ID name to something giving me a clue as to who it is (gfnut, Tom, etc).

Sorry if that happened to you. I'll post the video later this afternoon.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks everyone for attending - 16 different people by my count. I hope to do this again next week with someone else as guest handicapper.

Meeting video is rendering and I'll post it as soon as I can.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-20-2021, 02:11 PM   #7
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

Thanks. A good tutorial especially for beginning users of RDSS, but also informational material for longtime users.
Pat
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here are RX screen shots for today's races. The first 3 have run, the rest not yet.

Name:  PRX1.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  PRX2.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  144.3 KB

Name:  PRX3.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  154.7 KB

Name:  PRX4.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  229.9 KB

EDIT: in race 4, the #2 horse is getting great tote support. I would upgrade it to Win Contender in this sorry lot of horses.

R
DSS -
Old 04-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #9
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks Ted, greatly appreciated. I believe and think Bill V. would have really enjoyed this. That Zoom is impressive. Nice work Ted.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

R4 updated at post time

Name:  PRX4.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  225.8 KB

R
DSS -