Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 03-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #71
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
okay, I will try to be more coherent. About 15 minutes to the first post yesterday, I downloaded the AQU card. I used Profit Line first and got the little red dots on all the races. I then assembled all the races. I then opened up the first race and It would not connect to the toteboard. Eventually, I cleared the cache and started over, this time doing PL and Assemble one race at a time and everything worked fine. I hope this clarifies this enough so you can understand what I did and what the problem was.
Thanks Charlie. Is this your experience all the time now using this version? I.e. - now you cannot connect to the current race (or maybe just Race 1) and get live tote the first time you try? You always have to reassemble (or assemble for the first time) 1 race at a time? Or was it just that one time, yesterday?

If you do not Assemble ALL, do you always get a tote connection for a given current race? For example, if you happen to come in to a day of races at Race 3 which is the current race, if you ONLY assemble that race (or, when opening the card it gets assembled automatically for you) - is tote there waiting for you, or do you have to re-assemble it to get tote data? I'm trying to understand if the Assemble All process is a culprit.

I only ask because I experience none of what you report ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #72
RichieP
Grade 1

Hi Ted

this race is going now, llok at the odds screens.

the blbl screen odds are way off with the rx screen correct
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #73
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Hi Ted

this race is going now, llok at the odds screens.

the blbl screen odds are way off with the rx screen correct
Thanks Rich. Confirmation of a previously reported Bug in races with Coupled Entries. The Rx screen and Tote screen are correct - will fix for very next update!

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
To save some time, here is a list of known Bugs which are not yet addressed in this current update. I also pruned this Bugs List from what it contained in the former Testing Forum. Stuff that's left indicates it still needs to be addressed.

3. The tote section at the right-side of some Analysis screens is a bit garbled: colours faded, fonts improperly bolded. The Rx screen appears to be correct. This appears to happen when Coupled Entries are present, possibly also when FTS are listed.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=57

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-18-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #74
Dorianmode
always learning

Error 61 message

My search comes up positive for this error having been addressed already .. but I don't see it. An error 61 message pops up when I do a "My Races" search. If it is here somewhere, could someone point me to it ? Thanks.
Attached Images

Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #75
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Conditions info ???

This could be an issue tangentially if one does not read the conditions carefully.

The race is for Cl 5, N1-8M, but the race conditions appears to use current year months and is interpreted as Cl 5, N1-4M.

I saw this earlier in the week at Oaklawn a couple of times.

Name:  ScreenHunter_962 Apr. 07 08.54.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  57.8 KB
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:00 PM   #76
Bill V.
The egg man

Nice Observation

Hi Bill
You are correct the conditions are wrongly shown
The conditions on the heading only show part of eligibility and they got that part wrong.

There are 2 conditions
Part 1 is "4 year olds and up that have not won since Aug 5 "= 8 months
The second "or" condition is for non winners of 4 life.

Horse 1. 4 years old Last win was Jan 27th. He gets in because he only has 3 wins
Horse 2. 4 years old. last win was 13 days ago. He gets in because he only has 3 wins
Horse 3 5 years old Last win is not shown He has 5 wins so the last win had to be before 8/5/17
Horse 4 9 year old. Last win is not shown, He has 12 wins but his line 10 is 3 days before the 8/5/17 cutoff
Horse 5 4 year old. last win was Sept 18th. he gets in because he only has 3 wins
Horse 6 4 year old. His last win was Jan 27th. he gets in because he only has 3 wins

The conditions should have been posted as CL 5 N1-8M or N3L
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #77
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

Locked out of TS via RDSS

I got locked out of TS yesterday. I did not see that H in my user name on the RDSS config was capitalized. Should have been lower case. By the time I noticed it was too late. This morning I called TS and got reinstated except I still can not log into TS to get Profit Line via RDSS. I was able to get to TS via my browser, but now locked out via RDSS. Fortunately I have my TS on via my browser. Thanks. Pat
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #78
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

For clarification. When I was reinstated with TS, that was only through my browser and not through RDSS. I never got reinstated via RDSS tho I typed and retyped my user name and password.
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #79
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Arkie Gal View Post
For clarification. When I was reinstated with TS, that was only through my browser and not through RDSS. I never got reinstated via RDSS tho I typed and retyped my user name and password.
Pat, I checked the current RDSS 2.1 and I encounter no problems logging into TwinSpires through the RDSS browser window (or an external browser), so I have only the standard advice: make sure RDSS 2.1 has your correct TS login credentials. It ocurrs to me that it may be possible something archaic in your MS Internet Explorer cache may be interfering with the RDSS browser's access of TS (even if you've never used IE in years, though this is a long shot). To check that, open MS Internet Explorer, go to Options and access the Clear cookies or clear Cache buttons).

I suspect if you gave ME your TS logins, I could access your TS account on my computers (and I'd be happy to try), but I think it has something to do with your computer's internet setup.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the coming update will relieve the need to login to TS for ANYTHING, as well as replace the mechanisms by which RDSS accesses the internet. So, within the month, likely.

Until then, do let me know if you continue to have trouble accessing TS.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #80
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Bill
You are correct the conditions are wrongly shown
The conditions on the heading only show part of eligibility and they got that part wrong.

There are 2 conditions
Part 1 is "4 year olds and up that have not won since Aug 5 "= 8 months
The second "or" condition is for non winners of 4 life.

Horse 1. 4 years old Last win was Jan 27th. He gets in because he only has 3 wins
Horse 2. 4 years old. last win was 13 days ago. He gets in because he only has 3 wins
Horse 3 5 years old Last win is not shown He has 5 wins so the last win had to be before 8/5/17
Horse 4 9 year old. Last win is not shown, He has 12 wins but his line 10 is 3 days before the 8/5/17 cutoff
Horse 5 4 year old. last win was Sept 18th. he gets in because he only has 3 wins
Horse 6 4 year old. His last win was Jan 27th. he gets in because he only has 3 wins

The conditions should have been posted as CL 5 N1-8M or N3L
Thanks Bill, I'll look at that that. It is RDSS which parses the freeform Conditions and comes up with the condensed race classification, and that module is a true dog's breakfast (and work of art) to decode myriad types of conditions and date references which a human will understand (if they try) but which can be daunting to a computer program. TrackMaster (nor BRIS, not DRF, as far as I know) don't provide these race codes BEFORE the race.

I'll work on it further, with this particular example!

Ted

R
DSS -