Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
some from Sunshine Millions day

Entrants and first four entrants..
Attached Images

Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
posts 5-6-7-8-9-

pps...
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

last horses...

pps...
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

The early contenders

4 E contenders...
I am going to use #11 Feel That Fire as the pace. This will eliminate the 10 whose only sprint is an E energy wise; eliminated Jessica the 4 who has no winning sprints shown, but who recently could not match the pace of the #11. The one Wildcat Heiress need open lengths and can't match the 11 and besides, the 11 can fight to maintain its advantage.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Lets see if anyone can catch the 11

Pressers and others...

the 6 has faded against a much slower pace, so out...
the 2 is a turfer that presses; may get a part, but not to win...
The 3 has recently run off the pace at 5th position, so keep (remember 23 had 4 E's here.
The 8 has a few against this pace that are promising, keep.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

more others

horse 7 and 9;

The seven is prob ably the favorite and the 9 cant keep up with these. I think the big layoff and lack of sprinting recently makes this horse my place horse.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

The line I chose for the 8 Aegean is a liftetime best with no other races at a track of significance I will discount this one. With the strong pace from the 11 my second horse is the three who should come from well off the pace. Amen Hallelujah may run these two down, but this is my value bet for this race.

Good luck to all,

Bill
Old 01-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
PeteC
Grade 1

Hi Bill-

Thanks for putting this race up. You put it out real nice for people to follow your analysis.

Hope you get a good result on this one!

Pete
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Scratch the 6

The 6 has scratched. no biggee
Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

My case against Amen Hallelujah

The 7 in this race is coming off a layoff after her last several were at route distances; On BC Day Switch was making the same distance move after 4 distance races, but had been racing regularly. If you look at Switch's adjusted SRs for the routes, none were competitive with the fresh sprinters that were capable of winning. The only sprints show an improving pattern from 83-87-91. Switch finished 2nd as the top APV horse (red dot on post #)

Amen has much the same pattern in its routes and a similar improving pattern in its sprints. This might just be a coincidence or it might be a pattern. Another factor here is that the race competition for Amen is most likely somewhat less quality than that which faced Switch.

In both cases if you discounted the recent routes and chose the best sprint line each horse was going to be competitive in its field.

We shall see...
Attached Images