Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Matt D.
AlwNW1X

Question about creating a track profile

Hello:

I am trying to create a track profile for Belmont. I am trying to figure out the proper or mean energy distribution. Does anybody know how this is done? How is energy figured, let's say in sprints. I have charted the races so far in the new Belmont meet.

Matt D.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Percent Med

Hi Matt

Are you looking to profile Percent Medium

Thanks
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Matt D.
AlwNW1X

Track profile

I recently read Modern Pace Handicapping. In the book TB suggests making a track profile. I have done this as specified by TB. What I can't figure out is how the numbers for energy exertion at the second call (which range between 52 to 54 for winners at Belmont) relate to the numbers on RDSS. Is there a number some where on the RDSS read out that I can check?

Matt D.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

As Bill Says

Matt,

The problem you have here is what I was wondering a little while back.
In MPH Tom Brohamer uses %E. This figure is not in RDSS as it was superseded in the Methodology by %M which as I am sure you know is included within the range of information in RDSS.

Your choice is to either manually calculate %E for all of the PPs you are considering or to calculate %M whilst compiling your profile. In my opinion going with the %M was the far easier option, but if others have a different interpretation I am happy to listen.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Matt D.
AlwNW1X

Dave Edwards: Thanks for your reply. I am new to RDSS. What is %M? Is it anything like %E. I grasped the concept of %E. You create a %E and then you can narrow your choices from there. That's where I get confused with the MPH book and RDSS. The %E on second call for 6 furlongs is usually between 50 and 53 percent in the one track I am profiling. So then the question is how do I compile %M to get an accurate track profile.

Matt D.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #6
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Matt,

Check out Follow Up 12. There is a discussion of %M by Dick Schmidt. He presents the basic formula for %M, you 'll have to adapt it for lengths lost/gained between calls & as you know this is covered in MPH.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

Same

Hi Matt

Percent Early and Percent Med are basically measuring the same thing
one is adding the feet per second numbers of F1 and F2
and then fining the percentage of that total to the total energy feet per second

Percent Med. is adding the percentage of a horses total energy from F1 and F2
You can set your profile to Percent Med or Percent Early
you also have the feet per second numbers on the POH screen in RDSS2

Name:  percent_2.PNG
Views: 470
Size:  242.2 KB

Name:  Doc.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  61.2 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 09-28-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
mowens33
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
Dave Edwards: Thanks for your reply. I am new to RDSS. What is %M? Is it anything like %E. I grasped the concept of %E. You create a %E and then you can narrow your choices from there. That's where I get confused with the MPH book and RDSS. The %E on second call for 6 furlongs is usually between 50 and 53 percent in the one track I am profiling. So then the question is how do I compile %M to get an accurate track profile.

Matt D.
Matt, just down load the RDSS2 model and plug it in to the attached spread sheet to get Brohamer Model.

The first one I sent out had mistakes, should be okay now.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx RDSS2 Model Spread Sheet-Brohamer Model.xlsx (89.7 KB, 542 views)
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote