Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Kentucky Derby Screens (20 horses)

With 20 horses entered in Saturday's Kentucky Derby, some of the RDSS navigational stuff gets a little tight. Per the screenshot below, when there are more tabs than can fit on the current screen width (17 tabs), small blue left/right angle pointers (tucked up underneath and partly obscured by the green RDSS Desktop button) enable you to scroll the tab collection to the left or to the right to reveal hidden tabs.

Notice however, when you scroll to the right to reveal horses 18, 19, and 20, the left-most Entries and Analysis Tabs disappear from view, and this will be annoying to those of you using 1024 x 768 resolution screens who do not see the lower, 3rd panel showing the Analysis screens.

The solution is: when the Entries and Analysis Tabs disappear from view, simply hit the left pointing tab angle thingy until the missing tabs at the left reappear. This is also a good time to remind you that you can also move between Horse tabs using the left/right and up/down cursor keys, and not just by clicking a tab with your mouse.

I expect that when we can hide the Sidebar, and give more width to the display screens, 20 Tabs will fit entirely within view, and also I can resize the RDSS Desktop button when it would otherwise interfere with right-hand tabs.

For the time being, though, if you try to click on those left/right tab pointer things, but inadvertantly hit the RDSS Desktop button and your KY Derby screen immediately disappears, don't worry, you're just looking at the RDSS Desktop: just hit F12 (or click the RDSS Desktop button again) and you'll jump back to where you were (then wait for the caffeine jitters to subside and try again ).

Sorry for the inconvenience in the current testing version: I promise to get this fixed in time for the next KY Derby (or sooner).

Good luck to all!

Ted
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™