Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 06-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
JoeLong
Grade 3

TPR Program

Hello,

Is there any written documentation for this program (manual maybe) that someone might post or email to me?

Somehow I remember something being written, maybe it was written in one of the Follow-Up's.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

JoeLong
joe@square-oneinspection.com
JoeLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
froggy
Grade 1

Joe,

I belive what you are looling for is "Pace Makes The Race". There are two editions of it. Both are very good and explain in detail how TPR works and belive me it does work.
This is a letter and answer that may interest you.
Attached Images

froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
JoeLong
Grade 3

Hi Froggy,

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out. Question, do you think Doc was being overly hard on the client who was attempting to improve his game, or was he bashing TPR just to upsell him another program?

JoeLong
JoeLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
froggy
Grade 1

Joe,

From my personal experience he was basically telling the truth.
But I used them to win right at 60% and have hit a large % of in house Q's in in the race books with 3 horse boxes.
I didn't use them blindly but they do work when you do the last three comparable of every horse in the race.
When you get a horse about 4 points above everybody else with decent form,
it is a single horse bet and they win about 3 out of 4 even at 1/1.

Froggy
Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
socantra
Grade 1

Joe,

I am a big fan of the TPRs, though I have never used the DOS program that you are apparently talking about. I got the hardback book when it 1st came out in the early 90s, learned how to run the numbers in my head and eventually wrote a basic program for the little Sharp pocket computer, which simplified the process with less damage to my brain.

These numbers were the 1st thing that made me a winner, or as Doc says in the letter, a non-loser. They are very powerful, and have remained at the core of Sartin programs since then, including the Pace Launcher series, Synthesis, Validator and on into Speculator and RDSS.

The operative word in the above statement is "core". The other programs provide many more sophisticated tools for seperating contenders. They lack a pace of the race component and their energy distriburion analysis is very limited, among other things.

A good handicapper can probably win with these numbers alone. On the other hand, a really good handicapper can probably win with a copy of the DRF alone. Ask Jim Bradshaw. In my opinion, the TPRs are most valuable for isolating contenders from also rans and in looking at form cycles.

I doubt there is a manual for the TPR program you are talking about. It was produced to support the book "Pace Makes the Race". That would be your best documentation. There might have been a one pager on how to get it up and running, but that was probably the only documentation ever produced.

There are 2 editions of the book (actually 3, but the 1st was a very limited printing with a lot of typos). The hardback, which had contributions from Doc Sartin and Michael Pizzola is IMO the superior book, but the paperback, which is all Tom Hambleton and Dick Schmidt is slightly updated and is also very good.

You can find the hardback sometimes on eBay, through Abebooks, Alibris, or sometimes with Amazon used sellers. It is a classic and often overpriced, but you can occasionally find it for under $20. The paperback is still available from Dick Schmidt, one of the authors. You can locate him on Pace Advantage, send him an email and he'll get back to you with details. The last I heard, his son was selling it for $15 or $20.

hope that helps.

Dick
Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
xtb
Grade 1

I believe this is Dick's son selling them through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...2181281&sr=8-1

If he happens to be out of them, the Gambler's Book Club was selling them through a deal with Tom Hambleton but they cost a bit more.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
socantra
Grade 1

And here's the original hardback:

http://www.amazon.com/Pace-Makes-Rac...2182018&sr=1-2

Four copies, between $40 and $125. Some folks are getting absolutely ridiculous on used racing books. I'm very fond of both editions and might spring for $40, if I didn't have backups, but...............

Dick
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
froggy
Grade 1

Here is last night at mnr.

Race #1......#5 Bright.............5 Pts.........................$4.20......Ex...$11.20
Race #2......#1 Luna...............4 Pts.........................$3.60......Ex..$24.00
Race #3......#5 Cha Cha.....tied for 2nd..................$4.20
Race #4......#8 Big Ma............4 Pts........................$4.20
Race #5......#6 Success.....tied for 1st.................$18.80
Race #6......#6 Schwartz.........2nd...........................$5.00......Ex..$18.80
Race #7......#6 Sunny.............3rd..........................$10.40......Ex..$53.80
Race #8......#5 Good..............2 Pts.........................$3.80
Race #9....The winner had unreadable race...........$4.80
Race #10....#8 Chance......tied for 3rd....................$8.00......Ex..$31.00

When the horse is 4 or more points better all one needs to do is key them to the other two otherwise a box is best.

As you can see if you bet a horse that isn't in the top 3 TPR you better have a good reason.

I like to bet the 4+ point ones and have had good success with them as they are pocket fatteners.

The first two race's were single horse bets with exacta keys to the next two TPR numbers and a single bet on the DD that paid $11.80.

I don't know if the numbers come up the same with RDSS as when done by hand because I never see a DRF any more to use the daily variant.

Dick Schmidt's son is in the book business. He is selling all the books that his dad paid full price for at half price. A very shrewd way to do business. My kids did it that way with my guns and tools.

I have Dicks email address if you need it and he'll probably sign it for you. (He answers his email)

Froggy

Last edited by froggy; 06-18-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
xtb
Grade 1

Hi Froggy, do you use your own track to track variants? And no daily variant?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

For those who cannot get a copy of the original Edition of Pace Makes the Race (i.e. with Sartin, Pizzola chapters included), here is an extract chapter by Doc Sartin on The Psychology of Winning,

www.ArtofPace.com/pubs/PsychologyOfWinningPMTR.pdf

Enjoy.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote