Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2013 > Breeders' Cup 2013 - SATURDAY Nov. 2
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Breeders' Cup 2013 - SATURDAY Nov. 2 Bets, Analysis, Discussion, News

Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #51
Segwin
Grade 1

Cudos to NBC Sports for fantastic coverage. I really enjoyed watching both days.

Watching the top horses compete is a great visual experience.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #52
Appy
Grade 1

May be a case of selective memory, but it seems to me this years BC cards were overall the most challenging I can recall.
I noted with interest some of the creative pace line selection by those here who posted screenshots. Sometimes I think I'm getting settled in on a paceline process and other times I'm not so sure. Last two days fell into the "I'm not sure" category leaving me to pass races I had been looking forward to for a year. Just never seemed to get synced into a play it mode.
Lots of work to do.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #53
polambi
Grade 1

There is so much at stakes in the Breeder's Cup that I think nobody should feel bad for not being able to predict the outcome of any of those races.
I am quite confident in my paceline selection now, but I did not even bother downloading the cards. However I did enjoy watching some of the races, which I think were very entertaining.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
May be a case of selective memory, but it seems to me this years BC cards were overall the most challenging I can recall.
I noted with interest some of the creative pace line selection by those here who posted screenshots. Sometimes I think I'm getting settled in on a paceline process and other times I'm not so sure. Last two days fell into the "I'm not sure" category leaving me to pass races I had been looking forward to for a year. Just never seemed to get synced into a play it mode.
Lots of work to do.
I didn't bet one race.

It's all good.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #55
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Ted,

I wonder if the jockey impact plays more of a role in the outcome of the these turf races than is usually the case. Obviously with the vast majority of racing over here being on the turf perhaps it does lend a tactical advantage?
I recall Frankie Dettori being slammed for one of his rides in the BC a few years ago on the dirt so perhaps there might be something in it.
Probably not enough to warrant an indepth study for two days racing per year!

Alternatively, it could be the Guinness, well for the Irish that is!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #56
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Dave...very valid point...I think jockey impact in some cases plays an important role..but there are a lot of circumstances to look at...type of race and money involved, relationship between jock and the connections...but I like to see an older experienced jock like Garret Gomez, Johnny V., Gary Stevens, Mike Smith, be on a horse that they have ridden before and knows the horses behavioral habits...I told some of my racing friends last week that Mike and Gary would be the top jocks in this years BC races..and they were...also without Dettori being here Ryan Moore won 2 BC races...he also is experienced....don't believe that jocks should be a major hcp factor but when you look at your contenders it's nice to have these guys riding for you ...it makes me more confident when I bet...
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #57
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Breeders Cup 2014, Santa Anita - P & C Meeting

Hello Friends,

I hope you all made a little money this weekend. I was busy with family all weekend, and thank the lord for my PVR, as I will watch the races this week.

Downloaded the cards, but did not wager. The reason for the post is that I think we should plan a team meeting at the Breeders Cup next year at Santa Anita.

I will be heading out for sure......let's make some cash, and have some fun.

Happy Punting
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote