Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation RDSS 2.1 --> on HOLD

Hello Everyone. I set up a new Forum to begin the process of first announcing, then describing the new version 2.1 of RDSS which is in the process of being born!

Within the next week, I should have a bunch of stuff posted here, including screenshots, a list of what's included, what's coming later, maybe a video.

For now, I can say that although I had hoped for the end of March, it looks like RDSS 2.1 will start circulating in a wider Beta version sometime in June. A handful of folks have agreed to be 'subjected' to what I'd call an Alpha version over the past year or so and I do thank them for their bravery! Thanks also to everyone who has given me suggestions over the past 3 years - AND who have stuck with the software as it is all along. All in all, not too shabby (or unprofitable) a time for many, from what I've been seeing.

OK, I'm going to clean up a few screens so it's not too confusing, then post some screenshots as soon as I can. (FYI, tomorrow I will be gone all day, but back at it on Friday).

It's very exciting for me, and I think everyone will find it a great new addition to the toolset.

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS 2.1 - New Features

Here is the Master List of new Features in RDSS 2.1 -

1. Decision Modeler, including result, odds and mutuels, and numerous ways to portray, filter and sort that modeled data; Track Profiler

2. Result Charts Converted to database, displayed in screens (~20 minute after race, shows as Line 0 for each horse), feeds into Modeler

3. Revamped Tote Board: WPS pools, Exacta Pools, Daily Double Pools, Will-pays; Tote Xray 2 and further analysis, highlight interesting/overlaid combos

4. Re-organized Card Summary screen (including My Races version)

5. Re-organized Sidebar: merged with My Races, sorted by Date, Track, other filters. Assemble multiple cards/selected races at once. Use Sidebar to switch between cards and races instead of Card Summary Tab in each Race screen. Race Tabs at bottom eliminated. Minimal version of horse header for greater vertical screen display room

6. Result Charts fetched automatically, following race Official (~20 minutes delay), also mutuel results and prices (if connected to Supertote or TS ADW), also automatically added to Modeler; OR, race added to Modeler in bulk as Mutuels fetched in bulk, if race has been Assembled and pacelines selected

7. Paceline Selection Strategy screen re-organized: Contender separation filters exist separately from PSS, optionally enabled by user. A few new, canned New PSSs

8. Bugs fixed: numerous, TrackMaster website error bugs, Tote module mangling of Analysis screens and premature closure after last race; annoying navigation bugs

9. Built in Help system - annoying popup tips on data screens optionally disabled. Help buttons (mouse clicks) lead to contextual web links to online discussion/videos about particular factor, its formula (if public) and its usage

10. New modern Installer (Nulsoft) - for 32 and 64 bit Windows systems. Software updates retrievable from within RDSS (software checks for updates, prompts to download and install)

11. Projected Pace appears on Adjusted Screen; horse owning the Projected Pace at each Call is identified (i.e. the horse you clicked)

12. Dedicated button and RTF format document template for race by race screen captures and printouts - for Word and Wordpad

13. RDSS Desktop button to launch TeamViewer for Remote Support

14. RDSS Desktop button to launch Windows screen snipping tool

15. User Notes stored in Database or Cache and subsequently retrievable: by Race, by Horse, by Running line

16. Revamped Data Mgmt Tools section: simpler listing of existing databases for Switching, making New databases, Copying (i.e. Backup) of databases, downloading demo databases

17. Download from RDSS Server full race listing with details (though not PPs) each day. Card Summary screen (optionally filtered by desired race types) appears as if one had downloaded ALL race cards (to help determine which cards to purchase from TrackMaster)

18. Optionally Show fractional times on Original and Adjusted screens (as opposed to just the segmental leader's times)

19. Tweak Data Centre to allow unattended race Assembly as a Task (without quickly crashing!); Re-convert past race cards on hand to a new database (even if the card has expired from TrackMaster’s online listing)

20. Optionally relabel Analysis group headers to permit usage for other than Contender Groupings (e.g. Visual Running Style separation: F/E/EP - P - SP/S)

21. Sort most analysis screens by many more columns: e.g. RS Running Style

22. New, improved Factors:
- better Class Rating (CR+)
- TSF3+ based on Pace of Race and Horse Total Energy
- optional use of an outside (or inside) 'Power Number', e.g. TwinSpires ProfitLine, for starters; eventually, Bris Prime Power or other user-created number; OR other user-designated existing RDSS factor
- New, weighted 'Rx' Line Score and Odds line comprising VDC, CSR, Power Number (optional), new Class Rating, Early/Late composite ranking
- new Odds Line based on new Rx Rating

22. A few new Analysis Tabs: MPH (Phase III) factors, EXDC/Thoromation factors; the ability to hide Analysis Tabs you're not interested in (similar to hiding Tabs on Horse PP Panels)

23. New screen layout option: Analysis/Tote board combo (tote sorted/grouped by current Analysis screen)

24. Setup and launch multiple instances of RDSS2.1 - each having different Configuration settings and Cache

25. Identify Fulcrum, and Fastest Pace Last Race (FPLR)

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-09-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I'll be away for a few weeks!

Folks, your comments and thoughts about the above list of features is welcomed! It's a pretty aggressive list of 'To Dos' and unless there is a really compelling reason to add something I just plain forgot about - the list is probably not going to grow much (more likely shrink ...). The good news is - I am in a much better position to update RDSS 2.x more and more frequently.

My goal (may take a year or so) is that RDSS and it's integrated Help/Tutorial system linked to this website - becomes an updated documentation on using and winning with the Sartin Methodology in the 21st Century. Within 2 years (e.g. 2018) RDSS will also run entirely from the web in your browser or as a web-app (Windows/Android/iOS), with your data stored either online or locally on your device.

I'll be away traveling now until April 30 and likely incommunicado for good portions of that time, though I will look in here and to emails when I can.

I am excited about what is coming! Phew

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Folks, your comments and thoughts about the above list of features is welcomed! It's a pretty aggressive list of 'To Dos' and unless there is a really compelling reason to add something I just plain forgot about - the list is probably not going to grow much (more likely shrink ...). The good news is - I am in a much better position to update RDSS 2.x more and more frequently.

My goal (may take a year or so) is that RDSS and it's integrated Help/Tutorial system linked to this website - becomes an updated documentation on using and winning with the Sartin Methodology in the 21st Century. Within 2 years (e.g. 2018) RDSS will also run entirely from the web in your browser or as a web-app (Windows/Android/iOS), with your data stored either online or locally on your device.

I'll be away traveling now until April 30 and likely incommunicado for good portions of that time, though I will look in here and to emails when I can.

I am excited about what is coming! Phew

Ted
WOW - looking forward to the new release. Is there a feature in the new update version that will show all horses by running style when matching up? Eg all Early separated by Early Presser by Presser by Sustain.
cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sort of like what Bill V has been showing occasionally?

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=19

R
DSS -
Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Matchup Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Sort of like what Bill V has been showing occasionally?

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=19

Not sure what Bill is looking for? When I am doing the matchup, I would like the ability to group all the Early (1A-4-6-7), Presser (1-2-3-5) & possible a space between each group.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

cigar

Hi Cigar

Ted only allows me to make 3 separations.

So I entered E-EP in section 1
P or Sp in section 2
Sustained in section 3

The reason I choose to group the Early and Early Presser together
and the Pressers and Sus/Pressers together and then last the sustained
horses is from the way Hat and Richie taughtin the Hat check area.

Is the race going Early or Other Than Early.

I want to match the Early's Then match the Early Pressers to the Early's
I get my match up winner from this group.

Now I move to the Presser or S/P group and match these horses to the Early-EP winners

Last section is the Sustained and ugly or NF horses
I look at these guys separately, I will only consider a sustained horse
if its EPR is close to the winner of the Early- E/P and Pressering top horses

Anyway that is why I spit the screen the way I did.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #8
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Cigar

Ted only allows me to make 3 separations.

So I entered E-EP in section 1
P or Sp in section 2
Sustained in section 3

The reason I choose to group the Early and Early Presser together
and the Pressers and Sus/Pressers together and then last the sustained
horses is from the way Hat and Richie taughtin the Hat check area.

Is the race going Early or Other Than Early.

I want to match the Early's Then match the Early Pressers to the Early's
I get my match up winner from this group.

Now I move to the Presser or S/P group and match these horses to the Early-EP winners

Last section is the Sustained and ugly or NF horses
I look at these guys separately, I will only consider a sustained horse
if its EPR is close to the winner of the Early- E/P and Pressering top horses

Anyway that is why I spit the screen the way I did.
Sorry Ted I did not look far left on the screen you displayed. That exactly what I am looking for. Bill thanks for the clarification, one question will the three grouping display on the Original tab? Can you put up a screen shot?

Bill keep up the good work on the TPR forum.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #9
dogkatcher
Grade 1

For matching and possibly Fulcrum searching, being able to toggle between 5ths and 10ths would be desirable on the fractional calls.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:28 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
For matching and possibly Fulcrum searching, being able to toggle between 5ths and 10ths would be desirable on the fractional calls.
5ths and 10ths - hahaha! Oh, you were serious?

So when Equibase shows a fractional time as 45.59, in 5ths you would like that shown as 45 2/5ths just like the DRF? Did I get that right? Or if you prefer a different rounding scheme to fifths, why bother rounding to fifths at all if it does not match some public, traditional record? Or perhaps I am behind the times, and DRF has a new and improved fifth second rounding scheme?

(Just being difficult, and only with you John ...)

Ted

R
DSS -