Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 06-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
download issue

Ted:

For the last week or so, every time I download the PRX data along with the other tracks that I use, RDSS closes when I click on the PRX track indicator.

I can work around this by only calling for PRX download info, but then it only downloads and later lets me access only the first day of races.

Obviously not a killer problem, but one I had never experienced before. And, it only happens on PRX races. I usually download Bel, SA, WO, GP and PRx???
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
rmath
Grade 1

Prx

Bill, while I had no problem downloading PRX a few weeks back, every time I tried to open the prx pps RDSS crashed.
I finally resolved the problem by re-installing the RDSS program.
This resolved my problem.

Prx was the only track that this happened on.

Good Luck.
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Many thanks Dick, I will try that.

Bill
Old 06-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill, if I understood correctly - you download and convert a number of tracks including PRX. Then when you click on PRX (though not any other track) in the Race Cards by Date Sidebar, RDSS crashes. Correct?

I too was unable to duplicate this using RDSS 2.1.033. I think you are still using the candidate update V2.1.039 which proved to be unstable so I retracted it before I left for these few recent weeks travel.

Please try uninstalling RDSS2 (DON'T permit the uninstaller to delete the database files), then reinstall the current testing version package V2.1.033. (Or, you can simply go to the RDSS2.1 folder and delete the file RDSS2.EXE and ALL the PBD type files).

PRX must be possibly the one track which balks at the new exotic wager map in the Card Summary screen, which I added to the V2.1.039 testing update. Which itself is GREAT testing feedback (i.e. ONLY PRX crashes, and not other tracks), which I should be able to fix pretty quickly next week.

Give it a try, and sorry you stubbed you toe on that

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:44 PM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Bill, if I understood correctly - you download and convert a number of tracks including PRX. Then when you click on PRX (though not any other track) in the Race Cards by Date Sidebar, RDSS crashes. Correct? YES, only PRX caused the crash

I too was unable to duplicate this using RDSS 2.1.033. I think you are still using the candidate update V2.1.039 which proved to be unstable so I retracted it before I left for these few recent weeks travel.

Please try uninstalling RDSS2 (DON'T permit the uninstaller to delete the database files), then reinstall the current testing version package V2.1.033. (Or, you can simply go to the RDSS2.1 folder and delete the file RDSS2.EXE and ALL the PBD type files).

PRX must be possibly the one track which balks at the new exotic wager map in the Card Summary screen, which I added to the V2.1.039 testing update. Which itself is GREAT testing feedback (i.e. ONLY PRX crashes, and not other tracks), which I should be able to fix pretty quickly next week.

Give it a try, and sorry you stubbed you toe on that

Ted

I used the latter method and everything is fine now. Many thanks.