Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 10-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #31
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Track to track ,etc.

Richie:

Great answer, was way clear and I get it. Lets go forward! I understand what you are saying.

thanks,

bill
Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #32
RichieP
Grade 1

Result Chart

Result chart of the race.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #33
gl45
Grade 1

To be honest I was leaning toward the #4. I had to agree with Richie about the #7 who beat the #4 in the tandem. As we talked before I have tendency to pick the place horse more than the winner. In this case I would bet both to win as Richie knows.
Pino
Old 10-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #34
emilio840
Grade 1

Best time to hcp

Hi Jim: How are you??

Since most of us are Rookies with the matchUP what do you advice. 1) Do the hcp before we go to the track. 2) Hcp each race as it goes by.

The reason that I am asking this is because I noticed that if I hcp a night before and the next day I go to the track. In some races, there will be scratchs and I have to re hcp the race again. In the last 3 times that I did this. The horse that I picked the night before WON the race but because of the scratches I went on another horse.

emilio
Old 10-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #35
THE HAT
Grade 2

Arrive at the place of action early, because you must be ready
to attack. This is a new day and must be faced with confidence
and a positive attitude. Any negative attitudes or thoughts
should be cast aside. Make sure you have everything needed for
today's battle.

Here are reasons for early arrival:

1. Locate a comfortable, quite well lighted area.
2. Locate the betting machines and obtain a voucher,
because if there are long lines you don't want to get
shut out.
3. Get early scratches, track conditions, and if races
are off the turf.
4. If attending a simulcast outlet, locate the monitor
for each track.
5. Review races to play and ones to disregard.

Handicap in advance as much as possible, because once the
action has started it is possible to become uncertain and make
mistakes.

Tips for Advance Handicapping:

1. Divide your Racing Program into segments for each track.
2. Identify the running style of all horses.
3. Place a mark by early pace runners with pace figures
that shows the inability to gain or maintain the lead.
4. Mark all Match Up Tandems.
5. Place a mark by all horses that are not contenders.
6. Place a mark by the contenders.
9. Never underline the pace line.

The Hat
Old 10-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #36
CC Brown
AlwNW2X

RichieP
Going back and seeing that the 1a had run a 1 turn mile that could not match the 7 shows a really important point to me. 1st- by using ALL the pace lines you don't have to make adjustments. This also shows why computer programs don't work. Most use 1 or 2 lines to make the calculations and that just doesn't work.

Hat

Great to see you helping people on this forum. I still use my Aodds 98 program when I do have a chance to wager and I want to ask:
1. Can I use the pace of race that the program calculates? This doesn't depend on 1 line does it?
2. It comes up with usable tandems and I assume that is still correct?
3. It also shows running style for the horses-this is based on all lines isn't it?

If these things apply it then this makes it easier to do the remainder of the Match Up.

I will start my education with the next practice race.

Thanks to RichieP for your time and effort! Glad I found this site!

Hat
How will we be able to order your new book? Will it be from you?

CC
Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #37
THE HAT
Grade 2

To win the race it is essential that you recognize how the race is going to run. You must look at the first call in the race and find the horse that is most likely to get out of the gate first and take the lead. Then
ask yourself, can the horse go wire-to-wire.

The race is an example illustrating the process used to project the pace in a pace-less race. Once we project the pace, the horses will be matched against this pace to decide if they are contenders.

None of the horses in this race are Early horses. In their past performances, some of the horses have gone for the lead, but their first calls are extremely slow. This race is classified as a pace-less race, but someone must take the lead, in a pace-less race look for an Early Presser as the horse most likely to take the lead.

There are two Early Pressers in the race: (3) Artist Blush and (7) Pay Attention , but the 7 horse runs closer to the pace. The 7 will get the lead by default and go wire-to-wire.

The Hat.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #38
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Brown View Post
RichieP
Going back and seeing that the 1a had run a 1 turn mile that could not match the 7 shows a really important point to me. 1st- by using ALL the pace lines you don't have to make adjustments. This also shows why computer programs don't work. Most use 1 or 2 lines to make the calculations and that just doesn't work.

Hat

Great to see you helping people on this forum. I still use my Aodds 98 program when I do have a chance to wager and I want to ask:
1. Can I use the pace of race that the program calculates? This doesn't depend on 1 line does it?
2. It comes up with usable tandems and I assume that is still correct?
3. It also shows running style for the horses-this is based on all lines isn't it?

If these things apply it then this makes it easier to do the remainder of the Match Up.

I will start my education with the next practice race.

Thanks to RichieP for your time and effort! Glad I found this site!

Hat
How will we be able to order your new book? Will it be from you?

CC
Welcome to the board CC.

Jump right in man! The next race is gonna be a beauty.

A true "Hat Special".

Again welcome to Binder's site.

Richie
btw - software does work just fine. Lots of folks are winning with it. It's all good. Just NOT here in "The Hat Check" area per Jim's request.

Last edited by RichieP; 10-27-2006 at 06:20 PM.